GreenDevil

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

The European Commission has installed Mission Impossible style fingerprint scanners to boost security protecting its Brexit team, amid fears that Britain’s high-powered spy agencies might be eavesdropping on preparations for tense EU-UK negotiations.

The Article 50 offices require both a badge and fingerprint identification, which makes them unique in the Commission, which is guarded by private security firm G4S . Telegraph

:lol: Mission Impossible style fingerprint scanners to boost security and is guarded by private security firm G4S.

Just now, Confusion of VIs said:

I agree enforce the FoM rules and introduce a benefits system with a 5 year contributions requirement(with if we choose the government paying the initial contributions on behalf of UK citizens.

It's notional not real money so no impact on UK finances, and to fit with EU law other states free to entitle their citizens by paying 5 years worth of contributions with about £100k of real money).

Do that and we will have achieved as much as we will by leaving the EU without all the collateral damage to the economy. 

To those like Grizzily who think we can do more outside the EU, we could but we won't. Just look at the NHS's reaction to EU applicants drying up, they have tripled the recruitment budgets, with more to come, and are now concentrating on non EU immigrants. 

I should have added the conservatives are promising every area of business a light touch post Brexit work permit  system, current favourite is allowing EU citizens to come to the UK to look for work for 3-6 months with a near automatic work permit if they manage to find employment and stay our of jail. How this is materially different from firmly enforcing the existing FoM rules escapes me.

4 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

I agree enforce the FoM rules and introduce a benefits system with a 5 year contributions requirement(with if we choose the government paying the initial contributions on behalf of UK citizens.

It's notional not real money so no impact on UK finances, and to fit with EU law other states free to entitle their citizens by paying 5 years worth of contributions with about £100k of real money).

Do that and we will have achieved as much as we will by leaving the EU without all the collateral damage to the economy. 

To those like Grizzily who think we can do more outside the EU, we could but we won't. Just look at the NHS's reaction to EU applicants drying up, they have tripled the recruitment budgets, with more to come, and are now concentrating on non EU immigrants. 

How about we train our own doctors and nurses.

12 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

I should have added the conservatives are promising every area of business a light touch post Brexit work permit  system, current favourite is allowing EU citizens to come to the UK to look for work for 3-6 months with a near automatic work permit if they manage to find employment and stay our of jail. How this is materially different from firmly enforcing the existing FoM rules escapes me.

Most MPs are Remainers.

_90060774_mps_declare_eu_stance_22_06_16

Edited by GrizzlyDave

Just now, GrizzlyDave said:

How about we train our own doctors and nurses.

We could and should but them again we always could have.

An immediate and practical start would be making doctors pay a large part of their their £250k training cost, but writing it off if they spend 5 years working for the NHS.

1 minute ago, Confusion of VIs said:

We could and should but them again we always could have.

An immediate and practical start would be making doctors pay a large part of their their £250k training cost, but writing it off if they spend 5 years working for the NHS.

Frustrating isn't it. My hope for brexit is that the cardiac arrest leads to the sort of reform that is needed.

Yep, totally agree with free training with retention clause.

41 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

One benefit hat should not be paid, ever, to a non UK nations is housing benefit.

The person has made themselves deliberately homeless by moving to the UK.

31 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Frustrating isn't it. My hope for brexit is that the cardiac arrest leads to the sort of reform that is needed.

Yep, totally agree with free training with retention clause.

Impressive how fecking the country up can be rationalised. 

Mind you, maybe Hunt could learn from it by ordering cardiac arrest prescriptions  on the NHS for a whole load of irritating diagnoses.

7 minutes ago, pig said:

Impressive how fecking the country up can be rationalised. 

Mind you, maybe Hunt could learn from it by ordering cardiac arrest prescriptions  on the NHS for a whole load of irritating diagnoses.

I like to think of it as forging a new machine out of the broken scrap and waste.

On ‎17‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:17 PM, Confusion of VIs said:

That's because everyone knows its true. It was  agreed by the major players just after the referendum that once reality, that Brexit means Leaving and that there will be no "cherry picking" of  the benefits of being in the EU, sinks in we will be offered a deal restricting FoM for a long period probably 10-15 years.

I posted the "rumors" at the time, it was confirmed by speeches made by Merkel and Hollande in the following weeks that used the exact wording contained in the rumors, so assuming it still holds we have another year or so to stew before the offer is made.        

So what is really going on here?

If Blair is really touting this EU plan now, it is hardly a secret and our negotiating team must have been aware of it.

Or perhaps this is really what is behind the apparent inaction on the UK side.  Possibly just sitting and waiting for this offer to be made?

Or maybe the whole rumour is designed as a ruse, to split opinion on UK side?  If so, Blair must be in on it.

44 minutes ago, GrizzlyDave said:

I like to think of it as forging a new machine out of the broken scrap and waste.

Lol - well I guess you could say the Mad Max series wasn't 'driven' by fear of apocalypse but rather a safe way to enjoy the thrills of an immature 'freedom'.

6 minutes ago, pig said:

Lol - well I guess you could say the Mad Max series wasn't 'driven' by fear of apocalypse but rather a safe way to enjoy the thrills of an immature 'freedom'.

I'm more of a GoT fan...

winter-is-coming-brace-yourself-brexit-i

On 7/17/2017 at 5:54 PM, ccc said:

What's your point ? Precisely yours - You can't prove anything has happened as much as I can't prove anything hasn't happened.

You lot really seem to get in real hissyfits when I point out something you don't like - but which you can't argue with as it's clearly true.  No, 'is lot' are clearly unimpressed with the shite you spout.

I have simply responded to two points made recently which are complete nonsense. BS

(1) Nothing is happening with Brexit - Is anything happening then?

(2) Fox knows nothing about Brexit - He doesn't appear to.  Do you have any sources that indicate he does? No, didn't think so.  He was a town the other day on TV.

When I point this out I am responded to with such claims as I have OCD or I have some strange view on reality and can't put things in context. BS

It's pathetic. It really is. 

I will continue to point out nonsense when it's typed on here and is 100% factually incorrect.  Again, BS, you have proved nothing, yet again.

If you don't like that - I couldn't really give a toss. Nor us, I promise you.

It will continue - for as long as the remainers on here post nonsense.  - Club

I don't expect it to end any time soon. :D Neither do we :lol::lol:

FTFY  HTHBIDI

2 hours ago, kzb said:

The BBC et al presented the fact that the UK team showed up at the talks without any documents (apparently).  Whereas Barnier showed up with an impressive stack of important-looking papers.

The angle being, to denigrate our own side of course.

The truth is, ministers should NOT be walking round with papers on show in front of cameras, as many have learned to their cost.  So it's Davis who is in the right, but you would never thing that from watching the BBC.

not sure if serious or not...

3 minutes ago, HairyOb1 said:

It's a serious point, how someone behaving correctly was portrayed by our national broadcaster as being in the wrong.

15 minutes ago, HairyOb1 said:

Should he have taken a manbag in with him?

manbag_lead_narrowweb__300x419,0.jpg

In all seriousness, he can't give the I could kill you with my tie exSAS stare if he's looking down at his notepad.

In meetings like this, pussies, minions, and room meat write notes.

Edited by GrizzlyDave

46 minutes ago, HairyOb1 said:

FTFY  HTHBIDI

Your responses in that really are terrible. Lets just take one out as an example. I am not going to waste my time going through all your drivel.

Do I have any sources to indicate that Fox knows ANYTHING about Brexit ?

Are you for real ? You are just on the wind up - aren't you ?

2 hours ago, GrizzlyDave said:

80k a year and armfuls of expenses. Sounds pretty tidy to most people.

How much do you make?

£80k, OK if you represent somewhere like Blackpool but  is nowhere near enough for even a vaguely middle class lifestyle in London.

Not saying what I earn but I left the civil service in the mid 2000s because I couldn't live on a salary of more than £80k back then and that was with the wife working in a well paid job.

2 hours ago, kzb said:

So what is really going on here?

If Blair is really touting this EU plan now, it is hardly a secret and our negotiating team must have been aware of it.

Or perhaps this is really what is behind the apparent inaction on the UK side.  Possibly just sitting and waiting for this offer to be made?

Or maybe the whole rumour is designed as a ruse, to split opinion on UK side?  If so, Blair must be in on it.

The rumour came out within days of the vote so I doubt Blair was involved. Whether it still holds or not is anyone's guess, It was pre Macron and some of the reporting suggests he will be quite happy to see the back of the U.K, in which case we are not going to get any special deal to stay.

6 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

£80k, OK if you represent somewhere like Blackpool but  is nowhere near enough for even a vaguely middle class lifestyle in London.

Not saying what I earn but I left the civil service in the mid 2000s because I couldn't live on a salary of more than £80k back then and that was with the wife working in a well paid job.

MP's get lashings of expenses, travel costs, and housing support. Add that up and that is a tasty package.

Can't quite follow your second comment. But it doesn't sound like you are on minimum wage.

1 hour ago, kzb said:

It's a serious point, how someone behaving correctly was portrayed by our national broadcaster as being in the wrong.

You are correct about not displaying sensitive papers but it was a staged photo op and maybe he should have thought about how the end result woul look, especially with the unprepared narrative already in play.

A couple of thick folders full of old cricket almanacs and his Joe 90 briefcase would have done.