House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
12 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

We need young workers to overcome the demographic time bomb.

No we don't, you're making the old "we need a pyramid scheme" style argument. Better to just work our way through that - it really shouldn't be beyond a country like the UK in this day and age.

HOLA442
1 hour ago, Confusion of VIs said:

I doubt a valuable deal with America is on offer.

The American position is that their trade with the UK is imbalanced and any trade deal will need to address this.

Probably best if we leave this on the back burner until Trump is safely out of the way.    

What Trump ? The same one that has specifically stated he wants a mutually beneficial trade deal with the UK  asap ? The same Trump who continually states his love of the UK ? The same Trump who continually goes on about his family history being from Scotland ?

Thank ****** you are not part of these negotiations. You couldn't see a golden opportunity if it walked up to you and slapped you in the face.

I am loving the growing pant wetting by the remainers on this thread. It's slowly coming to light that we are going to be leaving the EU after all. 

:lol:

HOLA443
17 minutes ago, ccc said:

What Trump ? The same one that has specifically stated he wants a mutually beneficial trade deal with the UK  asap ? The same Trump who continually states his love of the UK ? The same Trump who continually goes on about his family history being from Scotland ?

Thank ****** you are not part of these negotiations. You couldn't see a golden opportunity if it walked up to you and slapped you in the face.

I am loving the growing pant wetting by the remainers on this thread. It's slowly coming to light that we are going to be leaving the EU after all. 

FFS boyo.

HOLA444
HOLA445
48 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

No we don't, you're making the old "we need a pyramid scheme" style argument. Better to just work our way through that - it really shouldn't be beyond a country like the UK in this day and age.

You are deluded.

There was a population boom. These old people (called Boomers) will soon start need very expensive long term care and the younger cohort is reduced in number and already overloaded by taxation.

Maybe we can sit around a campfire and sing songs while we 'work our way through it'.

HOLA446
4 hours ago, maverick73 said:

Valuable trade deals are being formulated with America, India and countries such as Ghana, Jamaica, Pakistan etc....

Dr Fox added it would result "in lower prices and greater choice for consumers".

IMG_3519.JPG

IMG_3530.JPG

So we are left with arms to the Arab deplorables, Dysons and Burberry stuff for the rest. Getting stuff into Switzerland will be like the Berlin blockade.

HOLA447
34 minutes ago, ccc said:

The US will use the UK as leverage against Germany. Nothing more. The UK is a spent force living on past deeds of global power / treachery depending on ones point of view.

HOLA448
1 hour ago, hotairmail said:

Might as well post this here as well for posterity. 2 zombie Italian banks go into bankruptcy Friday night....

Another example of

1. A failure of the Euro design that has pushed banks on the periphery to bankruptcy

2. A change in the bailing regime once German and French banks had gotten their money out of the periphery like Greece and Ireland

3. The resulting flouting of new EU banking rules by a member of the periphery to suit

Another day, another sad tail of no 'union' at all.....only when it suits.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-06-23/europe-s-banking-union-is-dying-in-italy

Italy will have reluctance to adopt policy's from EU powerhouses. They already rejected constitutional changes in December, now the fear is will the drop out of unification or will they be offered a sweetener to stick around. 

HOLA449
8 minutes ago, jonb2 said:

So we are left with arms to the Arab deplorables, Dysons and Burberry stuff for the rest. Getting stuff into Switzerland will be like the Berlin blockade.

Oil for houses - We import oil from the Middle East in exchange for over priced flats. ^_^

The Swiss option maybe put on the table, but it requires freedom for workers to enter only. It would work, but unfortunately the businesses are leaving... the UK is done and dusted.. Soon we'll be the ones begging for jobs globally... because we ran out of credit :lol:

HOLA4410
5 minutes ago, hotairmail said:

They seem to be coming up with some very innovative solutions in Japan. And they remain far richer than us per capita.

That's because they still make things HOM.

Edited by jonb2

HOLA4411
57 minutes ago, ccc said:

The trump that changed his mind, as soon as Merkle explained the realities to him and whose administration is now prioritising the EU deal.

The trump that thinks trade deals are a zero sum game and that trade deals must be balanced.

The trump who has identified UK US trade imbalance as a concern

The trump that cannot actually get anything passed into law

Your post is incompressible to me if you actually believe what you are posting, it's just possible that you are as thick as KOJ thinks you are.

NB I notice you didn't respond to the earlier point, maybe reality is starting to sink in.

Edited by Confusion of VIs

HOLA4412
1 hour ago, Peter Hun said:

You are deluded.

There was a population boom. These old people (called Boomers) will soon start need very expensive long term care and the younger cohort is reduced in number and already overloaded by taxation.

Maybe we can sit around a campfire and sing songs while we 'work our way through it'.

You do realise immigrants get old to ?

59 minutes ago, maverick73 said:

Italy will have reluctance to adopt policy's from EU powerhouses. They already rejected constitutional changes in December, now the fear is will the drop out of unification or will they be offered a sweetener to stick around. 

46 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

The trump that changed his mind, as soon as Merkle explained the realities to him and whose administration is now prioritising the EU deal.

The trump that thinks trade deals are a zero sum game and that trade deals must be balanced.

The trump who has identified UK US trade imbalance as a concern

The trump that cannot actually get anything passed into law

Your post is incompressible to me if you actually believe what you are posting, it's just possible that you are as thick as KOJ thinks you are.

NB I notice you didn't respond to the earlier point, maybe reality is starting to sink in.

I responded to your post. Unless you made more than one. I do have a life outside online forums. 

As for Trump. He likes the uk. End of story. We either take advantage of that or we don't. And I'm the "thick" one here. :lol:

HOLA4413
1 hour ago, ccc said:

Jesus wept lol!

Please don't tell me you believe this sh*t because of his professed 'love' for Scotland ?! :lol::lol::lol:

Actually I'm now going out for some beers - how many do you think it will take before I start believing this pompous racist bellend is capable of a 'mutually beneficial' anything ? Or feck me a beneficial anything ?

Initial alcohol rush to the head ? 10 pints later ?

HOLA4414
1 hour ago, Peter Hun said:

You are deluded.

I'm deluded because I realise that young people eventually become old people? Err, no, unless you believe we're also going to implement a Logan's Run-type rule, and thankfully no-one's suggested that. There was a population boom. Your "solution" to it is to maintain it rather than let a bulge work its way through the system. The type of "delusion" that I suffer from is the type of delusion that says "Hang on - house prices can't keep going up above wages forever" in the face of people who refuse to acknowledge that rather mathematically simple truth.

Edited by Riedquat

HOLA4415
20 hours ago, HairyOb1 said:

An awful lot of them do.  I work with a lot of EU folk in IT and they pay an awful lot of tax. Other EU folk I know are tax payers, lots in the Education sector, lots in NHS, lots in research too.

Regardless, you'll be getting back a burden on our very severely cut, public services.  If you think that's ok, well, well done you.

In my street, we have a Dutch/Polish couple.  One works at Bristol Uni in research, the other is a language lecturer, earning in excess of £120k

One friend is Italian working in Motorsport earning in excess of £140k and another English married to a Spaniard with Joint income of around 90k

The myth that all immigrants are tax credit bludging scroungers is just that.

Even heads of department earn only £70k. Are you sure about that? Or do you mean combined income?

HOLA4416
59 minutes ago, pig said:

Jesus wept lol!

Please don't tell me you believe this sh*t because of his professed 'love' for Scotland ?! :lol::lol::lol:

Actually I'm now going out for some beers - how many do you think it will take before I start believing this pompous racist bellend is capable of a 'mutually beneficial' anything ? Or feck me a beneficial anything ?

Initial alcohol rush to the head ? 10 pints later ?

Is a person ultimately in charge of a negotiation situation more or less likely to agree a favourable deal for the other side of the deal if they have an affinity and historic liking of them ?

Yes or no.

It's a rhetorical question by the way. We all know the answer.

I'm just seeing if you have the balls to actually admit I make a decent point. 

Balls in your court. Fire away. 

HOLA4417
21 hours ago, thecrashingisles said:

The EU has already made a much more comprehensive reciprocal offer for them.

The EU wants ECJ jurisdiction over foreign nationals living in the UK.

This isn't that dissimilar to what was forced on China after the Opium Wars, when Europeans had recourse to European courts, even though they were in China.  The "Unequal Treaties". 

This sort of imperialism just isn't compatible with being a fully sovereign state.  If you're in the US you don't get to be judged by a British court if they want to deport you.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
2 hours ago, hotairmail said:

They seem to be coming up with some very innovative solutions in Japan. And they remain far richer than us per capita.

If you were interested in wealth per capita you might notice that Belgium and the Netherlands are both above us, yet also in the EU...

HOLA4420
1 hour ago, GrizzlyDave said:

Even heads of department earn only £70k. Are you sure about that? Or do you mean combined income?

I hope you aren't insinuating this poster is a wind up merchant making stuff up. B)

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
3 hours ago, ccc said:

Do you have mental issues ? I'm not kidding here - I'm being serious. 

You repeatedly quoted me saying "Ram it with tanks".

When I have never even said that. This is black and white. You are wrong. I am right. Everyone reading this can see it and knows it.

Your wind ups are getting more and more desperate. Brexit us happening. Get over it. 

It was simply a a parody taking the p1ss out of you and other brexiteers who refused to acknowledge the realities of leaving - someone else mentioned the tanks and you advocated telling them to "ram it" - I just combined the two pieces of idiocy - and you were happy to play along with it at the time

To suggest otherwise is you being either stupid or simply disingenuous -  I'm not bothered which one it is at this point

To save you having to look it up:

disingenuous
ˌdɪsɪnˈdʒɛnjʊəs/
adjective
not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.
  1. "this journalist was being somewhat disingenuous as well as cynical"
    synonyms: dishonest, deceitful, underhand, underhanded, duplicitous, double-dealing, two-faced, dissembling, insincere, false, lying, untruthful, mendacious; More

HOLA4423
1 hour ago, ccc said:

I hope you aren't insinuating this poster is a wind up merchant making stuff up. B)

Making stuff up appears to be your party trick

On 2017-6-24 at 9:29 AM, ccc said:

Hardly any immigrants in North East England or Wales ? :lol:

You are off your rocker.

On 2017-6-24 at 2:27 PM, knock out johnny said:

And you're wrong

Ukip-maps-2_3268290b.jpg

Source The Telegraph before you try and dismiss the source as biased against brexit - the Telegraph by it's own admission was pro brexit - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/heres-where-britains-newspapers-stand-on-the-eu-referendum/

Here is an interactive version - so you can acquaint yourself with reality

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/11251624/Where-are-the-immigrants-This-map-will-tell-you.html

Thank me in your next post - or maybe you can accuse me of "making stuff up"

Edited by knock out johnny

HOLA4424
HOLA4425