House Price Crash Forum

Right To Buy - Get On With It

HOLA441

Im waiting for the Housing bill to confirm housing association tenants can get their houses at knockdown prices. I asked Grant Shapps, the then housing minister, about this in 2010 when the Tories were promoting RTB. Still got the email telling me "it will never happen". Ive got 50 large sat in the bank and I want it in bricks and mortar before the money system goes pop! What's the bloody hold up?

HOLA442

Im waiting for the Housing bill to confirm housing association tenants can get their houses at knockdown prices. I asked Grant Shapps, the then housing minister, about this in 2010 when the Tories were promoting RTB. Still got the email telling me "it will never happen". Ive got 50 large sat in the bank and I want it in bricks and mortar before the money system goes pop! What's the bloody hold up?

I call troll.

I've been renting privately for 10 years. Why should you get the right to buy your house at a discount while simultanesouly paying less and having better security because I was able to house myself 10 years ago out of my own pocket and you needed assistance?