House Price Crash Forum

N I R P

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

We've stepped through the mirror, into a reverse world!

janet-jackson-negative-400.jpg

It might look weird, but it could work!

Quick buy that new build power station in London, and GET £8m loan too that pays interest! What a messed up world!

1.png

^ Look it's one of those potential viral internet memes!

Edited by 200p

HOLA447

Just think of the money you could lose in the aftermath of a mega bubble fuelled by negative consumer interest rates.

there you go again with your long term thinking. You'll never make a politician whilst you persist in thinking ahead of jam tomorrow.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4411

The world's turning upside down.

Consumer boom from low prices slows as food spending rises

Consumers are still enjoying lower prices for essential goods although the benefit of rapidly tumbling costs is fading, Lloyds Bank said today. Its latest Spending Power index showed spending down 0.6% year-on-year in March, albeit a slower pace of decline than seen in previous months.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
  • 10 months later...
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
On 16/04/2016 at 0:53 PM, zugzwang said:

Keynesian-Wife-Spending-Herself-Out-of-D

Love it! Wondered where it could have been published, thought surely only the Eye and then prob from a few years back. Found the article it was at the top of, now read, v good. So you made this? How creative. I'm plainly not the only one having a quiet week.

Blinking heck tho, NIRP - have mentioned before on here queuing for new currency in Russia in the early 90s and how weird to think things akin to that could happen here. The day draws closer if Denmark and Sweden are doing this.* What's going on? I thought they were sober, well, not sober, but sane places? Have they recently hired central bank heads who have been to the Mark Carnage School of Indebting the Populaces of Wealthy Economies?

By which I mean they will discourage me from withdrawing my savings and keeping them under the mattress by keeping on changing the currency and only letting you change up five hundred quid at a time. Damned if I'm going to let them win. I'm going to get one of those - what are they - shooting sticks? With a seat on it. I've got a nice thermos flask. Knock yourself out, Carney, you shithead - I will give up work and queue every day for the rest of my life if that's what it takes. OK ok calming down, it hasn't actually happened yet...

HOLA4419

Apparently Brexit is to blame.  In an article written very soon after the UK voted to leave the eu.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-27/record-negative-mortgage-rates-come-to-denmark-amid-brexit-shock

Danish households are being paid to borrow, with rates on floating-rate loans sinking to the lowest on record, as Britain’s decision to quit the European Union feeds a capital flight into markets considered safe

Rates could even go lower, according to Karsten Beltoft, head of the Danish Mortgage Bankers Federation. If the European Central Bank cuts rates to protect the euro zone from the radiation of Brexit, Denmark probably would have to follow, he said by phone.

“At first glance, it’s good to be a homeowner, but it really is a sign of sickness in the economy,” Beltoft said. “That’s the flip side to the coin.”

Edited by billybong

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Swiss bank UBS will start charging customers who deposit more than a million euros, as negative interest rates hit banks' profits.

The annual 0.6% charge will take affect from May.

UBS already imposes charges for large accounts held in Swiss francs by companies and some wealthy clients.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39349399