House Price Crash Forum

What Is Bowdon Vale Like?

Ashsaint

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

I wonder what the traffic like heading out of the village in the morning? Are properties here currently under-valued and therefore represent great investment opportunity?

how do you mean? Investment opportunity?

EDIT: to add an h to the ow

Edited by R K

HOLA444

Sorry what does OW stand for? What I meant was we are going to buy and live in the property, and naturally we want the property that we are buying represents good value so that it has smaller risk of negative equity in the future. I don't know the area well so I have no idea whether it's safe, whether people are friendly, whether there will be a long queue to get out of the village in the morning after 8am etc. I tried to google and only got limited info, though I understand that the Co-Op staff have been threatened with knife and hammer at least twice in the past two years. This put me off a bit as the property I'm interested in is nearby.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Sorry what does OW stand for? What I meant was we are going to buy and live in the property, and naturally we want the property that we are buying represents good value so that it has smaller risk of negative equity in the future. I don't know the area well so I have no idea whether it's safe, whether people are friendly, whether there will be a long queue to get out of the village in the morning after 8am etc. I tried to google and only got limited info, though I understand that the Co-Op staff have been threatened with knife and hammer at least twice in the past two years. This put me off a bit as the property I'm interested in is nearby.

Coops tend to be like that ..It`s the oap`s they get into a lot of queue rage..

HOLA447
HOLA448

Due, in part, to ease of access & egress onto motorway network. From memory last lot ran off down a path to waiting Range Rover. Car of choice for armed robbery in Bowdon. If Bowdon isnt "safe" then frankly nowhere is (unless youre a footballer - they seem to be targetted quite regularly & specifically) but theyre not in the immediate location you seem to be referring to.

Schools traffic in the wider area (like most places) tends to be heavy. Rather depends were youre going to.

HOLA449

There is a house for sale at £170k. I thought it's too good to be true as I thought it is in Bowdon. However, agency told me it is in Bowdon Vale, sounds to be different to Bowdon.

For the price being comparatively lower than surrounding area, prompted me to wonder could it be to do with safety or other issues that I am not aware of.

Like I mentioned I'm not familiar with the area. My intention is to be in the position to send my daughter to one of the excellent primary schools such as Bowdon Church School by occupying a property nearby. Currently trying to evaluate whether the property is good value for the area, just like all the buyers will do too, hence my post to see if anyone living there could advise.

HOLA4410

Why don't you rent for a while to get a feel of the place before committing your hard-earned cash to a house in what might be an area you might not like.?......alternatively write to Kirsty and Phil to find a place for you.

In the meantime there might be a mega HPC with any luck and your dream home will be that bit cheaper. :)