fru-gal

Donald Trump

2,983 posts in this topic

"Trump's most extraordinary news conference".

That's the stuff that helped to get him voted in.  Trump's stance - not particularly the reporting.

His conference statements were pretty impressive in that they appeared to be very genuine.  It's early days in his presidency of course.

Keep it up - I suspect he will.

Edited by billybong

I have never seen a US President interrupted so many times by he press pack during questioning. Normally they shut up the moment a president opens his mouth.

8 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I have never seen a US President interrupted so many times by he press pack during questioning. Normally they shut up the moment a president opens his mouth.

I think they are still treating him as the celeb businessman. They can't get their heads around him being president yet.

10 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I have a recollection of Saint Obama having a wee hissy fit because a journalist didn't address him correctly ? 

Compare to Trump. He just takes it on the chin and carries on. 

I know what I prefer. 

Trump does something right! Very good press conference today

After a few rather disappointing days, Trump today seem to rebound.  He had a press conference which I would qualify as very successful. The best thing about this was that Trump FINALLY directly attacked the media, especially CNN.  Hopefully, this will be just the first step in an always possible counter-offensive.  Tomorrow he will be in Melbourne, FL, just south of were I live.  I will be watching that with interest.

http://thesaker.is/trump-does-something-right-very-good-press-conference-today/

The thing with Mr T is that he has always gotten used to getting his own way, I would imagine he is used to having lots of yes men around him so retaliates quite aggressively when others disagree or he thinks they are plotting against him for some reason......he got voted in because he made many promises to many people who think he is their only hope, only one to turn their falling prosperity and dissatisfied lives around, people who were cleverly targeted, nothing wrong with that.....they will agree with everything he says as long as they continue to think he is on their side working for them......have to wait and see where his true loyalties/agenda lies...watch carefully, wait and see.;)

9 minutes ago, winkie said:

The thing with Mr T is that he has always gotten used to getting his own way, I would imagine he is used to having lots of yes men around him so retaliates quite aggressively when others disagree or he thinks they are plotting against him for some reason......he got voted in because he made many promises to many people who think he is their only hope, only one to turn their falling prosperity and dissatisfied lives around, people who were cleverly targeted, nothing wrong with that.....they will agree with everything he says as long as they continue to think he is on their side working for them......have to wait and see where his true loyalties/agenda lies...watch carefully, wait and see.;)

No, I've worked with big winners like that before.  The ones who surround themselves with yes men last a decade at most.  The others have yes men, but also have thinkers they will turn to - not in public - and have knock down barnstorming arguments with to really get to the right answer.  They then present the solution to the masses.  It's called leadership.  And I suspect very very strongly that DT has that.  Hillary did not.

Trump was on the back foot for a good two weeks there.

After the election probably many, including Trump to a degree breathed a sign of relief, thought job done and settled back down into 4th gear.

I thought the MSM by now would begrudgingly have accepted the result, realise their approach was losing them viewers, subscribers and popularity and adjust. That hasn't happened at all and it's wrong footed Trump. He tried to give them an inch and they took a mile. 

This press conference was Trump summoning the spirit of the election and trying to retake the initiative again.  

28 minutes ago, wherebee said:

No, I've worked with big winners like that before.  The ones who surround themselves with yes men last a decade at most.  The others have yes men, but also have thinkers they will turn to - not in public - and have knock down barnstorming arguments with to really get to the right answer.  They then present the solution to the masses.  It's called leadership.  And I suspect very very strongly that DT has that.  Hillary did not.

The problem for me with Clinton was two fold 1) She thought Merkel was great (I guess pepper spray sellers in the US will have lots of stock to sell now) 2) She got money from Saudi Arabia.

The media have also insulted his kids, called his wife a whore and accused him of all sorts. Im surprised he hasn't punched one of them.

I find it hugely entertaining how he takes it to them especially his insults at the BBC.

16 hours ago, One-percent said:

The BBC, led by sopel are doing an attempt at a media assassination.

To be fair only in conjunction with boosting Blair's nonsense.

33 minutes ago, Errol said:

The MSM is losing ground. They have totally lost control of the narrative:

tP51Q2gCOLJTMUqI0dAaJdHU2ZAwKiLvNnP0YaijY7Y.png?w=1024&s=9946da10850ac904f320ba3290a66aff

Wonderful. It's all blown up in their collective faces.

you can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

so said some other president a while back.

mind they have kept this particular plate spinning for a long time now.

popcorn at the ready. :D

3 hours ago, Snagger said:

This appears to be trending on youtube -

It looks like the BBC is going through a slow-motion nervous breakdown.  So beautifiul to watch this. 

3 hours ago, iamnumerate said:

The problem for me with Clinton was two fold 1) She thought Merkel was great (I guess pepper spray sellers in the US will have lots of stock to sell now) 2) She got money from Saudi Arabia.

3_ SHe was married to Bill

4) The pant suits.

1 hour ago, Errol said:

The MSM is losing ground. They have totally lost control of the narrative:

tP51Q2gCOLJTMUqI0dAaJdHU2ZAwKiLvNnP0YaijY7Y.png?w=1024&s=9946da10850ac904f320ba3290a66aff

please post link.  great to wind my SJW friends up with links on websites that they see as 'legit'

6 hours ago, Reebo said:

I think they are still treating him as the celeb businessman. They can't get their heads around him being president yet.

I think he might see that himself eventually.:o

19 hours ago, One-percent said:

The BBC, led by sopel are doing an attempt at a media assassination.

Yes.  I watched Evan Davis and his absolute negativity on Newsnight last night.  It was interesting to count the number of nasty adjectives coming from Davis.  Gorka didn't take any of his crap though!  

I have noticed this before, Evan Davis and other BBC interviewers, as well as some on Sky, seem to have difficulty calling him President Trump.  They frequently call him Mr Trump. Who is managing this UK media onslaught?

I am surprised that he doesn't put the MSM attack dogs in their place, by insisting that they will respect the Office of the President of the USA or find themselves leaving/excluded.  I recall that Alastair Campbell adopted this policy with those journalists he deemed hostile to 'New Labour'  Trump may be shrewd and a bit of a bruiser, but he really needs a proactive and  supremely capable press manager, managing these interactions.   I do, however, find Trump's response amusing

There is such a feeding frenzy going on at the moment, it is difficult to see how Trump is going to find a way out of this.  He is literally like a bear in the pit at the moment, being harried and savaged.  I don't like him as a person, but I respect his Office, and agree with some of his policies.  I am sick of the anti Trump bandwagon and want the baying hounds in the US and UK to be put firmly in their place.  Despite the fact that he is now the most powerful man in the world, I wonder how he can achieve this.

2 minutes ago, Alba said:

Yes.  I watched Evan Davis and his absolute negativity on Newsnight last night.  It was interesting to count the number of nasty adjectives coming from Davis.  Gorka didn't take any of his crap though!  

I have noticed this before, Evan Davis and other BBC interviewers, as well as some on Sky, seem to have difficulty calling him President Trump.  They frequently call him Mr Trump. Who is managing this UK media onslaught?

I am surprised that he doesn't put the MSM attack dogs in their place, by insisting that they will respect the Office of the President of the USA or find themselves leaving/excluded.  I recall that Alastair Campbell adopted this policy with those journalists he deemed hostile to 'New Labour'  Trump may be shrewd and a bit of a bruiser, but he really needs a proactive and  supremely capable press manager, managing these interactions.   I do, however, find Trump's response amusing

There is such a feeding frenzy going on at the moment, it is difficult to see how Trump is going to find a way out of this.  He is literally like a bear in the pit at the moment, being harried and savaged.  I don't like him as a person, but I respect his Office, and agree with some of his policies.  I am sick of the anti Trump bandwagon and want the baying hounds in the US and UK to be put firmly in their place.  Despite the fact that he is now the most powerful man in the world, I wonder how he can achieve this.

Your post popped up as I was watching Hail's video post above.  Superb.  That is how he needs to handle them, just call them out with the facts.  I get your point that maybe he should ban them, but some of the msm are so hostile that they would spin it.  

Perhaps though he should make an example of a foreign news outlet and the BBC would be an ideal,target.  I would wager that they would not tell us here in the uk that they had been excluded for their biased reporting. 

Your last sentence does make me wonder.  I'll type it slowly: he is the most powerful person in the world.  Anyone, or any organisation who pi$$es him off must either be mad or delusional. I wonder which the BBC is.  It could also be levelled at our government and opposition who both seem to be going out of their way to pi$$ him off.  Completely bonkers, especially as he seems to have a soft spot for us plus we will need all the friends we can get as we exit Europe. Madness. 

2 minutes ago, One-percent said:

Your post popped up as I was watching Hail's video post above.  Superb.  That is how he needs to handle them, just call them out with the facts.  I get your point that maybe he should ban them, but some of the msm are so hostile that they would spin it.  

Perhaps though he should make an example of a foreign news outlet and the BBC would be an ideal,target.  I would wager that they would not tell us here in the uk that they had been excluded for their biased reporting. 

Your last sentence does make me wonder.  I'll type it slowly: he is the most powerful person in the world.  Anyone, or any organisation who pi$$es him off must either be mad or delusional. I wonder which the BBC is.  It could also be levelled at our government and opposition who both seem to be going out of their way to pi$$ him off.  Completely bonkers, especially as he seems to have a soft spot for us plus we will need all the friends we can get as we exit Europe. Madness. 

He set it out in the press conference.  He has to clean out the dregs of the Obama administration from government  and intel agencies, and thus decrease the leaks/hostile briefings, then he can go after the BBC.  A simple press conference showing one point by point breakdown of the biased reporting, coupled with educating the world that every years thousands of poor people are sent to jail for choosing to buy food instead of paying a TV license whilst BBC luvvies avoid taxes, finishing with a sentance "The BBC is no longer welcome at any White House press briefing until it provides evidence of impartiality and a return to it's original remit of education" would be awesome.