fru-gal

Donald Trump

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Can some others go and have a read of Louise Mensch's twitter feed please - there are allegations about Israel and Russian hacking the Democrats, money-laundering via Deutsche Bank, some Russian tracking app and a whole load of other stuff.

It reads like a plot for a Hollywood film or a job application for a high-paying job in the US media. I don't think that you could make suchh allegations about a British politician without being collared by our learned friends in chambers. Is this more fake news?

 

A bit of research on Louise Mensch and her history to date from the Oxford University Rock Society through to author of slightly tittilating books, a brief stint as a conservative MP and attaching herself to the american manager of Metallica would seem to indicate that she has an agenda all of her own.

Personally I think she is probably a bit of a self publicist/fantasist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wherebee said:

The question is not whether he is a joke or not.  The question is whether his actions will benefit the majority of US citizens  more than a Clinton victory would have.  I believe the answer is firmly yes so far.

Agree. I was impressed by his Boeing speech.  He said a lot of things that suggested he would put American citizens needs and concerns above those of the global elite. As they say though, watch what they do.... time will tell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, One-percent said:

That's what I stumbled upon. Yep, deluded and ill. 

I suspect you are not the first to think that. I suspect cunning career move. Serious money to be earnt in the US media if you can find the right angle.

 

10 minutes ago, ChewingGrass said:

A bit of research on Louise Mensch and her history to date from the Oxford University Rock Society through to author of slightly tittilating books, a brief stint as a conservative MP and attaching herself to the american manager of Metallica would seem to indicate that she has an agenda all of her own.

Personally I think she is probably a bit of a self publicist/fantasist.

 

Yes. But, judging by the adoring twitters fans some of who appear to be the political great & good in the US, she has hit the jackpot.

Edited by The Masked Tulip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Masked Tulip said:

A friend just texted me and suggested the same. I suspect cunning career move.

Yeah coz coming across as mentally ill is going to do you career wonders.  Oh, wait, it never did Bliar any harm. :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Would Trump make the UK government slash the BBC budget? Not beyond the possible. 

Trump is a joke. Don't understand why he has so many supporters on here. 

 

How is he a joke?  I think it is refreshing to see a politician carrying out his election pledges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Would Trump make the UK government slash the BBC budget? Not beyond the possible. 

Trump is a joke. Don't understand why he has so many supporters on here. 

 

I imagine they have a different perspective and view of their world than you. I imagine if you took someone employed by your local authority and compared their view to someone employed by a local manufacturing/engineering company they would be completely different.

Watching his Boeing speech may give you an insight and imagine that speech being made over here at BAE systems for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can they justify giving Trmp crp but let Blair spout loon crp?

Trumps a buffon. Blairs a war criminal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spyguy said:

How can they justify giving Trmp crp but let Blair spout loon crp?

Trumps a buffon. Blairs a war criminal.

Short answer is they can't. They are losing the hegemonic control and are desperately attempting to convince the great unwashed that they are still in control.  It's like watching a train crash speeded up.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How I wish that the late George Carlin was still alive. I'm sure he would be loving the current freak show!

Im enjoying the "bad boy" in the White House. Its a new thing for me to hear BBC radio debates with phone ins regarding an American presidents mental health state. Does he need to be assessed by a psychiatrist? Can he not take criticism? Blah Blah Blah.

I don't know if trump will change things for the better but the attacks on him are IMO disgraceful. He was elected just like Bliar was. Hmmm...why has his mental health never been questioned? Hes just another snowflake that can't accept the result of an election. 

How I would love to hear GC's musings on current events!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Can some others go and have a read of Louise Mensch's twitter feed please - there are allegations about Israel and Russian hacking the Democrats, money-laundering via Deutsche Bank, some Russian tracking app and a whole load of other stuff.

It reads like a plot for a Hollywood film or a job application for a high-paying job in the US media. I don't think that you could make suchh allegations about a British politician without being collared by our learned friends in chambers. Is this more fake news?

 

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/11/louise-mensch-adds-another-twitter-gaffe-list/

She is well known for her twitter account :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Reebo said:

I quite enjoyed his boeing speech. (Myself 10 years ago quivers at the idea that I like a speech)

https://youtu.be/tmrYTIsL81Q

poor speech, in my view.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wherebee said:

poor speech, in my view.  

I guess it wasn't aimed at you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if I'm a sucker for punishment but I try and listen to James o'brien on LBC in the morning, this morning he went on his usual anti trump rant, now, Im not sure if Trump is going to be good but I think there is a lot of nuance being lost on certain people, I think its a semantics issue and Trump is trying to point out the obvious bias/filter in the "fake news" rhetoric. 

The thing is o'brien uses nuance when it suits but today wanted specific headlines when someone who couldn't articulate the argument of bias/filters to rebuke that what Trump was saying is just flat out false, yet it was only the other day he was pointing out that the headlines in Breitbart was just hate mongering and wouldn't accept that even if it was click bait a lot of the stories have actually been researched and are just providing an alternative view point. 

He is one of the reasons Im kind of abandoning the left, don't really care about Trump to be honest, I'm just grabbing the popcorn as he isn't going to start ww3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^

Youtube - CHECK<POINT

At about 5.26 minutes.

"We are there to hold him as a politician just like any other politician to account and we do it fairly and we do it impartially and we do it reasonably.............."

=================================

Maybe he just can't see how different the bbc's treatment is between those on the crony list who follow the common agenda - and those not on it.  

Typically the cronies getting free passage in interviews to platform and to make any sort of claim without being seriously picked up on it - while the rest get to be really forced to jump through the interviewers' hoops.  

To be realistic they seem to know exactly what they're doing with their bias.

Edited by billybong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, XswampyX said:

 

What an idiotic solution from Obama regarding the future of jobs in America: train all your children to use computers because everything's being automated.  The maths don't work out.  Too many kids, not enough button pressing jobs.  That's how automation works out.  Less jobs, less cost to the employer.  Nothing on what's replacing these manufacturing jobs - just a vague hint at new technologies that will eventually come along and create new jobs.  That guy was truly an empty suit.  I'll wait to judge Trump, but right or wrong, at least he's a lot more specific than Obama.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, canbuywontbuy said:

What an idiotic solution from Obama regarding the future of jobs in America: train all your children to use computers because everything's being automated.  The maths don't work out.  Too many kids, not enough button pressing jobs.  That's how automation works out.  Less jobs, less cost to the employer.  Nothing on what's replacing these manufacturing jobs - just a vague hint at new technologies that will eventually come along and create new jobs.  That guy was truly an empty suit.  I'll wait to judge Trump, but right or wrong, at least he's a lot more specific than Obama.

Trump at least accepts it is an issue even if he may not have a workable solution. Obama and his ilk essentially denied its existence and just offered high tech fairy tales to the masses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Economic Exile said:

How I wish that the late George Carlin was still alive. I'm sure he would be loving the current freak show!

Im enjoying the "bad boy" in the White House. Its a new thing for me to hear BBC radio debates with phone ins regarding an American presidents mental health state. Does he need to be assessed by a psychiatrist? Can he not take criticism? Blah Blah Blah.

I don't know if trump will change things for the better but the attacks on him are IMO disgraceful. He was elected just like Bliar was. Hmmm...why has his mental health never been questioned? Hes just another snowflake that can't accept the result of an election. 

How I would love to hear GC's musings on current events!

 

I always wanted GC to be my uncle!-_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stormymonday_2011 said:

Trump at least accepts it is an issue even if he may not have a workable solution. Obama and his ilk essentially denied its existence and just offered high tech fairy tales to the masses.

Exactly - nothing but rhetoric.  Obama will go down in history on a par - perhaps even below - Blair.  An empty suit that doubled that US national debt, and nobody cared because there was no immediate pain felt with that.  When Trump said he inherited a mess, and actually repeated that phrase 4 or 5 times, anyone with a basic grasp of the US economy knew he was right.  The dumb snowflakes don't even think of the economy - it's all about welfare and jam today from the sugar daddy megastate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, canbuywontbuy said:

What an idiotic solution from Obama regarding the future of jobs in America: train all your children to use computers because everything's being automated.  The maths don't work out.  Too many kids, not enough button pressing jobs.  That's how automation works out.  Less jobs, less cost to the employer.  Nothing on what's replacing these manufacturing jobs - just a vague hint at new technologies that will eventually come along and create new jobs.  That guy was truly an empty suit.  I'll wait to judge Trump, but right or wrong, at least he's a lot more specific than Obama.

They are spending billions on automating the 'pushing of buttons'. Then what?

Bird_zpsswoh7mvt.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.