House Price Crash Forum

Ashley Madison Hack -> Increase In Supply Coming Soon

Skipton Crash

HOLA441

1.2 MILLION cheaters in the UK alone according to news sources. 1.2 Million. That is roughly 1 in 60, and given that 95% of these will be men, and some will be too young/old, for that sort of thing, that could be around 1 in 20 adult men...

Leaving aside the moral arguments, and my sympathies for those who find out that their partners are lying, cheating scumbags...

All of this data is rapidly moving into the public domain, so do we expect a divorce spike in a few months time? Could this have a significant effect on supply of housing in the UK? How many BTL empires will be broken up and sold off? Will it increase the number of hourseholds as many guys find themselves sleeping in the car or on a mate's sofa...

Seems to me that this could turn out to be quite big...

HOLA442
HOLA443

Not too sure why you come to the conclusion that 95% will be men... in my personal experience I know of far more examples of women being the ones who have done the cheating, wandering, getting bored with relationships etc etc

HOLA444
Guest TheBlueCat

Not too sure why you come to the conclusion that 95% will be men... in my personal experience I know of far more examples of women being the ones who have done the cheating, wandering, getting bored with relationships etc etc

I think that's the statistic quoted by people who've analyzed the data.

HOLA445
HOLA446

1.2 MILLION cheaters in the UK alone according to news sources. 1.2 Million. That is roughly 1 in 60, and given that 95% of these will be men, and some will be too young/old, for that sort of thing, that could be around 1 in 20 adult men...

Leaving aside the moral arguments, and my sympathies for those who find out that their partners are lying, cheating scumbags...

All of this data is rapidly moving into the public domain, so do we expect a divorce spike in a few months time? Could this have a significant effect on supply of housing in the UK? How many BTL empires will be broken up and sold off? Will it increase the number of hourseholds as many guys find themselves sleeping in the car or on a mate's sofa...

Seems to me that this could turn out to be quite big...

Won't an increase in single people lead to more demand for houses?

HOLA447

Won't an increase in single people lead to more demand for houses?

Yes, quite possibly! I am not sure if this is good or bad for HPC but it's hard to see anything making the situation worse at the moment. Divorces can be very expensive for all concerned...

Could go either way I guess!

Archived