House Price Crash Forum

46 People Forced Out Of Illegal Hmo In Converted Factory By Beds Fire & Rescue Service

Hectors House

HOLA441

During a Benefits enquiry Bedfordshire Fire & Rescue Service were tipped off about how a top floor of a factory unit in Luton, were converted into multiple housing units without planning permission. 46 people were evicted from the premises.

http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/news/local/exclusive-screaming-and-fighting-as-46-people-forced-out-of-luton-homes-1-6779966

As always comments section makes interesting reading

HOLA442

From the comments:-

I have lived in Luton all my life for 60 years and I now despair when I see what's become of the town! It's fast becoming a ghetto, with the true British now a minority. I stopped shopping in the Mall years ago as it's totally overrun with every nationality - Eastern Europeans , many nationalities who have no love for the town,no appreciation of its heritage and how it was 20/30 years ago.

I was walking around the Racecourse (public park in Northampton) last night - I'd estimate that 60 to 70% of the people in the park were Eastern European. The 30 to 40% of the rest of the people were doing group sports (Brits) : rugby training, "army-style" exercise groups, 8 to 10 Asian-Brits playing a cricket match, perhaps 10 black youths (British) playing basketball. Eastern euros were in smaller groups - groups of 2,3,4...maybe 5 people. Perhaps 50% of Eastern Euros were drinking alcohol. Not aggressive, they seem friendly - but interesting how different they are to the indigenous people.

My big concern is how incredibly fast the demographics are changing.

Oh, and I know if I made the above comment in most online forums, I'd of course be called a racist... :(

HOLA443

As always comments section makes interesting reading

Indeed. Quick search for rentals on RM shows you can get a room in a house for around £300 pcm. So why were they paying £450pcm for this craphole?

It's not about emigrants it's about justice. At this address were living human beings ,who pay taxes to this country.People who work not beg for benefits.Conditions were not so bed but not after british safety standards .Nobody complained and the shared living space was kept clean and tidy . People living here did't create any sort of problem for the Luton community . Many of this people had tenancy agreements with one of the Luton letting agency named Cash Property Management represented by a certain lady named Ashi Ahmad . People paid monthly 450 pounds for this facility and the agency kept a month deposit ..money that she refuses to give back .Money that were not protected by a money protection scheme as british law requires.The money just evaporated. Luton council did not helped this people left homles without any fault .Citizen Advice did not advice the people about their right .Nadeem M the landlord did not pay any money back to this people although the current month rent was paid at the 1st of the month and on the 2nd of the month the fire brigade came. I am sorry that many foreigners make shame to this community or the country that they come from but let's admit it even England has his own citizen that make shame to this country . Why nobody cares about all the east europeans that are doctors , business people or that make the jobs that english people refuse to do .Would you be a career for 4pounds /hour or wash cars for 3 pounds/h???? Let's addmit the truth and just live in harmony ,it's not the people fault is the system maby .So this article is about a big injustice not about emigrants . A true community helps does not judge and anybody in their shoes would be desperate ...God bless them and all people who are in a difficult situation now.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Makes me wonder why they don't clean up places like Slough - a helicopter with a heat camera can show all the sheds with people living in them.

Don't expect it to improve any time soon....in fact prepare for it to spread further afield.......the councils turn a blind eye because they do not hold the ability, will or resources to house the growing numbers of homeless people. ;)

HOLA446
HOLA447

I was walking around the Racecourse (public park in Northampton) last night - I'd estimate that 60 to 70% of the people in the park were Eastern European. The 30 to 40% of the rest of the people were doing group sports (Brits) : rugby training, "army-style" exercise groups, 8 to 10 Asian-Brits playing a cricket match, perhaps 10 black youths (British) playing basketball. Eastern euros were in smaller groups - groups of 2,3,4...maybe 5 people. Perhaps 50% of Eastern Euros were drinking alcohol. Not aggressive, they seem friendly - but interesting how different they are to the indigenous people.

Oh, and I know if I made the above comment in most online forums, I'd of course be called a racist... :(

Funnily enough if you replaced east europeans with British students/millennials you'd have the perfect description of the playing fields near me, so in otherwords the east europeans are integrating perfectly.

HOLA448

Don't expect it to improve any time soon....in fact prepare for it to spread further afield.......the councils turn a blind eye because they do not hold the ability, will or resources to house the growing numbers of homeless people. ;)

One reason councils turn a blind eye would often seem to be that councillors and staff are gleefully raking in BTL and HMO rents, much of it probably courtesy of HB and the taxpayer.

HOLA449

I used to be concerned, now I can't be arsed with it. I took one look at the swing in the White British demographic in Birmingham, our second city, in between the last 2 census reports and concluded that the country isn't changing but has changed.

Sorry to say but most places affected by immigration in England are living examples of sticking to your area of the city and others sticking to theirs, no politician or liberal would ever admit it though. Clear as mud from my experience.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Sorry to say but most places affected by immigration in England are living examples of sticking to your area of the city and others sticking to theirs, no politician or liberal would ever admit it though. Clear as mud from my experience.

Ghettos? Sounds like fun. It's why public places like huge parks are interesting places - they're compelling for everyone to go to. It's the place where you can really start to get an idea of the demographic make-up of the local population.

Archived