House Price Crash Forum

Buying Gold Sovereigns...?

Tom321

HOLA441

I'm looking to buy some gold sovereign coins. Has anyone ever heard of or used Sovereign Investments...?! They are a UK based company. I have found a few reviews about them online but not many. Their prices look very good. Or if anyone knows of any other gold dealers that sell gold sovereigns at a similar or better price, that would be great. Thank you.

HOLA442

Not too sure about this.

Came across sovinvest only recently. Never heard of them before. Never used them. Now this is the second mention in as many days.

If their prices stay good I would recommend they be checked out.

For now I would urge a bit of 'buyer beware'

..._

HOLA443
HOLA444

Ive used sovereign investments in the past without any problems............

Thanks, I'm just suspicious that Tom321 and a poster on MSE known as Mr.And Mrs.are one and the same. Both registered this month, and both recommending a site that is lacklustre and recent, (2011). Could be coming in with a loss leader to gain traction......or worse.

Where their prices competitive with Elminvestments and Atkinsons when you used them, or is that why you swapped supplier. Thanks.

..._

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Thanks, I'm just suspicious that Tom321 and a poster on MSE known as Mr.And Mrs.are one and the same. Both registered this month, and both recommending a site that is lacklustre and recent, (2011). Could be coming in with a loss leader to gain traction......or worse.

Where their prices competitive with Elminvestments and Atkinsons when you used them, or is that why you swapped supplier. Thanks.

..._

sovereign investments are competitive when you compare them against bullion by p, but not as competetive as atkimsons. Ive never used elm investments.

When i look back i can say that i took a chance buying from sov invest, and i was a bit edgy after handing over my money. That said, they never ripped me off.

If you want my advice, stick to the big suppliers, and you will have peace of mind.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

I'm looking to buy some gold sovereign coins. Has anyone ever heard of or used Sovereign Investments........

Up yours Tom321. aardvark has found the last nail for your coffin. Your shyster outfit will be trashed everytime you show your face.

In business since 2011 !?!?.....my @rse.

http://www.bizstats.co.uk/ltd/sovereign-investments-precious-metals-limited-09281180/

..._

Edited by DiggerUK

HOLA4411

Up yours Tom321. aardvark has found the last nail for your coffin. Your shyster outfit will be trashed everytime you show your face.

In business since 2011 !?!?.....my @rse.

http://www.bizstats.co.uk/ltd/sovereign-investments-precious-metals-limited-09281180/

..._

I bought from them in 2011.

Just to make it clear...... I have no interest in sovereign investments whatsoever.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4412

I always buy from the following companies, none of whom have paid me to endorse them. I can vouch for the utter probity of all of them;

Atkinsons.

Guernsey Mint - now BullionRock for some bizarre reason.

Baird & Co.

Weighton Coin Wonders.

Hatton Garden Metals.

Sarnia Silver.

Cookson Gold - a little expensive, but if you are buying a present for someone else, then their silver bullion bars are mirror polished and gorgeous to look at. Magnificent paperweights if you have a very secure office.

Others are also available, but I can't be bothered with shopping around; the above provide me with anything I wish to purchase, and Weighton Coin provide a custom "slabbing" service if you have a valuable numismatic coin.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4413

I always buy from the following companies, none of whom have paid me to endorse them. I can vouch for the utter probity of all of them;

Atkinsons.

Guernsey Mint - now BullionRock for some bizarre reason.

Baird & Co.

Weighton Coin Wonders.

Hatton Garden Metals.

Sarnia Silver.

Cookson Gold - a little expensive, but if you are buying a present for someone else, then their silver bullion bars are mirror polished and gorgeous to look at. Magnificent paperweights if you have a very secure office.

Others are also available, but I can't be bothered with shopping around; the above provide me with anything I wish to purchase, and Weighton Coin provide a custom "slabbing" service if you have a valuable numismatic coin.

I second that for what it`s worth. Why buy from unknowns just save a few pence...really not worth it.

Edited by GinAndPlatonic

HOLA4414
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA4415

There is no VAT on investment Gold.

The Illuminati, EU slime, TPTB, whichever name you wish to give the 1%, they all need to buy Gold for themselves. Only the law-abiding 2% beneath them (that's us), actually tend to pay taxes and abide by the rules.

The rest are the sheeple. They neither understand know nor care about Gold or the other PMs, and are stupid enough to believe the MSM take on Gold, which is generally classed as "worthless relic", "pointless investment which pays no yield" or "don't they have some of that in Fort Knox?". The Sheeple's eyes glaze over when you raise the subject, or they give a faint vague patronising grin which says "Old Nis is on about his conspiracy theories again". However, since I bought the first of my PMs, they have risen in value by 180%, or to be more honest, the currency in which I have calculated their worth, have gone down by 180% or possibly a combination of the two.

At other times in the investment cycle, Gold may not be worth holding in favour of investments which offer a better yield, however, at the moment anyone who has their eyes open should see that we are teetering on the brink. When the slip over the cliff will happen, we don't know, but happen it will, and soon. Just bear in mind that whatever you think of the Rothschilds, they have survived at least three of these cataclysms with their wealth intact. I plan to copy them.

So to get back to your precise point, for UK citizens, Sovereigns and Britannias are not subject to CGT or VAT (other worthies who frequent this site should consult local laws). Other PMs all attract VAT and CGT, but are still worth holding long-term, especially Silver. Most Gold coin does not attract VAT, that is to say, my Gold wire purchased for industrial use attracts VAT, but a Swiss investment Gold coin does not.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
  • 5 months later...
HOLA4419
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Buying from Dubai airport is a tad cheaper than The Royal Mint, but not by much. Don't bother.

Only thing I bought was a copy sovereign for interest. It's exactly the same size, weight, and gold content of a real sovereign. Even looks much the same, apart from a tiny 22k stamped on it. Not the same finish as our precious ones, but an interesting curio..._