• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

That bastad "Netflix" button on all my remotes.

Cunningly positioned adjacent to another button you use a lot - so it regularly gets pressed by accident.

The twenty seconds or so before I can get to back to what I was actually watching sees the air turn a deep shade of blue at chez XYY..!

Especially if I was on the "vinegar-stroke"...

XYY

• 3 weeks later...
HOLA446

Cars with those silly rear indicators that scroll outwards instead of blinking. Make me feel an irrational rage on the motorway. I can only assume they like to think they're in Knight Rider. Tw@ts.

HOLA447
HOLA448
2 hours ago, hotairmail said:

Women drivers who automatically think that the old rules of gentlemanly etiquette exist on the roads. If you ever see someone letting someone out of a turning onto a busy road, or letting someone turn right off it across a busy stretch, it is invariably a man. Women think it's their God given right to go first as the 'gentler sex'. Without these small kindnesses, the system would grind to a halt.

I don't even notice the gender of other drivers. I can hardly see into their cars.

Actually, my cataracts mean that I turn on my foglights at inappropriate times.

HOLA449
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4410

Sitting in a pub for quiet beer with book... End up next to 2 classic car enthusiasts hearing them discussing performance/component of various models of Leyland Daf Badger SRi sports saloon.

"The problem with the Mark v is the piston washers... They chose the 4.8mm size to save money. But that prevents you fitting the leatherette glovebox door from the 1974 "picnic" special edition. "

HOLA4411

People that reply to an email by telephone.  I send a client a proof by email asking for approval. They open the email and think it is best to call me to say it is ok. Why?

Equally people that send an email and then ring 3 minutes later to check I have got it. If they all stopped bloody ringing me I could respond to them all much faster.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4412

People that introduce their dog like it is a person ... then continue referring to it as if it warrants your full attention.... i.e. "oooh, he likes you. say hello franky ,,,, ahh .... stroke him ...go on .... give him a stroke. ".  Its. a. f*cking. dog.  I actually love dogs when they have a decent temprement/inteligence .... but I just dont want the owner to go all soppy and try and engineer the situation.

oh yeah, and dogs that bark or misbehave and the owner looks bemused ...... you. need. to. f*cking. train it. dogs work in packs. you need to be a strong pack leader. FFS.

HOLA4413

Cushions!

Me and the Missus are buying a couple of sofa's they look very nice too.

The wife said she will have to get some new cushions for the new sofa's.

The thing is the sofa's are displayed in the shop without any cushions on them and they look very stylish.

In fact the cushions are the first thing I remove before I sit down as they are uncomfortable, is there any point in them and is it a woman thing.

Also don't get me started on those stupid cushions on beds in hotels that you have to take off before you can get into the bed.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 0:12 AM, DTMark said:

Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman

Shouldn't that be:

Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman

?

It doesn't keep me awake at night.

Giggling to myself earlier.

There was a trailer for this, and they've fixed it.

Maybe someone there reads this forum.

HOLA4416
On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:38 PM, CunningPlan said:

People that reply to an email by telephone.  I send a client a proof by email asking for approval. They open the email and think it is best to call me to say it is ok. Why?

Equally people that send an email and then ring 3 minutes later to check I have got it. If they all stopped bloody ringing me I could respond to them all much faster.

They're not ringing to see if you got the email. They know that you did. They're doing it because they want the answer now and they suspect that you will provide it immediately if they call. And if you do, they will do it again..

• 1 month later...
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Hand dryer hogs in the Gents.....taking ages even when they are aware there is someone waiting.

Tbh I can quite happily leave with wet hands so why the hell this absolutely dry mentality. Indeed when confronted with a hog I  just leave and if someone is waiting a couple of seconds out of courtesy not three bloody cycles.

HOLA4420
51 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

Hand dryer hogs in the Gents.....taking ages even when they are aware there is someone waiting.

Tbh I can quite happily leave with wet hands so why the hell this absolutely dry mentality. Indeed when confronted with a hog I  just leave and if someone is waiting a couple of seconds out of courtesy not three bloody cycles.

I get annoyed with the handle being on the inside of the toilets. I wash my hands then grab a handle that's probably covered in piss and shit from scruffy buggers that don't wash.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Chris Rea.

Dozy bastad is still driving home for Christmas.

You'd have thought he could've bought himself a decent sat-nav with all the money he's made...

XYY

The dog's kennel is not the place to keep a sausage - Danish proverb

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Celebrities who give critiques of eras when they were barely out of nappies. Just had Samira Ahmed born 1968 giving a commentary about what she thought about Rising Damp in 1974 re. political correctness. God the girl was 6, may be BBC future employees already had an opinion on such things but I doubt it.

What is it with these I remember 1970s programmes wheeling out celebs that didn't but wanteveybody to think they were old enough to.

They often have Peter Kaye also, aged about minus one

HOLA4425

Archived