House Price Crash Forum

National Sperm Bank - You Couldn't Make This Up.

The Masked Tulip

HOLA441

Do you think schools will be planning school trips to visit? Tower of London. Bristol Zoom. Blenheim Palace. National Sperm Bank? No?

Apparently there is not only a shortage of sperm but a shortage of the right kind of sperm. They need more ehtnic minorities.

On Sky News this morning did the female Sky journo seem to get quite excited when confronted with giant metal containers full of frozen sperm - had to had a look inside and was shown a vial of frozen sperm.

Spermicle? Sperm on a stick?

I believe I am correct in saying that sperm donations in the UK plunged when Labour changed the rules and chased sperm donors for child maintenance payments?

Apparently we import lots of sperm nowadays.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Why do they "need" more ethnic minorities?

For Waynettas who want a brahn baybee?

Its a bit strange, this 'diversity' malarky.

Whites made up about -25-30% of the worlds population a hundred years ago, South asians 25-30%, East asians 25-30%, africans 15%, others 10%.

Now whites make up about 10% of the overall population. 5% of global newborns.

And still apparently that's too many white babies. Its almost like efnic diversity just means no more white people. But that's just conspiracy talk.

HOLA448
HOLA449

IIRC the brew haha a few years back was about donors no longer having anonymity...the spawn has the legal right to uncover the identity of their 'father'

+1 that's what I recall too.

Potentially could find you're a father to thousands, all wanting handouts!

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Surely that is the ultimate test of racism, are you willing to accept any sperm regardless of the race of the father. If you don't then quite simply in my view you are a racist.

Absolutely. The question is, outside of racism combined with property rights violations, why it is considered bad? Irrational perhaps, inconsistent, maybe. But so is spending thousands a year to watch morons kick a ball around.

My view on racism is exactly the same as my view on everything else. It can be bad, it can be neutral.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Surely that is the ultimate test of racism, are you willing to accept any sperm regardless of the race of the father. If you don't then quite simply in my view you are a racist.

If you're not prepared to accept a donor organ from any person regardless of whether they're a good 'ethnic' match then you're racist too?

We're not the same inside, so why do we pretend we are?

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk/how_to_become_a_donor/black_and_other_minority_ethnic_communities/

Questions and answers

Does the colour of my skin make a difference?

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

If you're not prepared to accept a donor organ from any person regardless of whether they're a good 'ethnic' match then you're racist too?

We're not the same inside, so why do we pretend we are?

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk/how_to_become_a_donor/black_and_other_minority_ethnic_communities/

Questions and answers

Does the colour of my skin make a difference?

That's not what your link says, it says you are more likely to be a match if you are from the same ethnic group. You are rejecting the organ in that case due to a physiological mismatch the racial element is essentially irrelevant.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

That's not what your link says, it says you are more likely to be a match if you are from the same ethnic group. You are rejecting the organ in that case due to a physiological mismatch the racial element is essentially irrelevant.

So it's ok to want a racially matching organ (because it is more likely to match you) but not a racially matched baby?

HOLA4418

So it's ok to want a racially matching organ (because it is more likely to match you) but not a racially matched baby?

No, wanting more racially diverse organs is different to wanting more racially diverse sperm.

You can use any sperm you like for the same result, you can't with organs. If the aim is to provide as many potential matches as possible then the more you have from across the range the better. With sperm that's simply not necessary, ignoring hereditary health issues* one sperm is equally as good as the other, white, black or otherwise.

* I'd assume they were screened for.

HOLA4419

No, wanting more racially diverse organs is different to wanting more racially diverse sperm.

You can use any sperm you like for the same result, you can't with organs. If the aim is to provide as many potential matches as possible then the more you have from across the range the better. With sperm that's simply not necessary, ignoring hereditary health issues* one sperm is equally as good as the other, white, black or otherwise.

* I'd assume they were screened for.

That being the case, why do they "need more racially diverse sperm"?

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

That being the case, why do they "need more racially diverse sperm"?

Brilliant ^ case closed.

Anyway - its blatantly clear to anyone with an ounce of sense as to why they want this.

Non white people are just as insular and 'racist' when it comes to their own offspring.

Two black people that can't have a kid don't want to be seen walking about with a white kid - and there clearly isn't enough 'black*' sperm to go around.

* Or other 'non white'

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived