HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Slight bounce to 254.4 at close, but that's still another 5p threshold breached. And we're now way below where it closed on its debut day, so it's been record lows all the way. That said, this run of daily drops is bound to come to an end sooner or later - interesting to see if 250 is crossed before that.

HOLA4416

Is there any other reason for the collapse in their share price over the last 3 months other than speculators expecting the housing market to go down the pan ?

Maybe they were over-valued to begin with ?

If the london prices follow the foxton share price then people who bought 6 months ago are in for a real shock.

If you look at the 1 year graph there was a definite peak around feb whereas the peak in prices ( LR ) was about June time, so in two months time we might well be seeing the true london market !!!

The main leg down started, for me, when MMR was introduced, so someone somewhere expects it to have a big impact.
Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

I'd say if 260 stays breached (down) then next support is IPO of 230.

I'd tend to agree. Looking at the graph there was a bounce at start of June and start of July but it looks to be heading way down from there.

The big question is...how much of a leading indicator is this for the London housing market ?

I suspect if the London housing market has collapsed, as we hope, then the whole of the S.E. and surrounding shires are about to collapse too which will sending all the indexes down and sentiment into the toilet. the return to normal wont have lasted and it's fear and capitulation to follow.

As I keep saying, buying a UK house is HIGH risk and dead ( aka lost ) money

HOLA4419

I suspect if the London housing market has collapsed, as we hope, then the whole of the S.E. and surrounding shires are about to collapse too which will sending all the indexes down and sentiment into the toilet. the return to normal wont have lasted and it's fear and capitulation to follow.

If you use the right move trends tool, you can see stock piling up in prime and central (expensive areas), you will also notice outskirt areas are low on stock.

From the stock of properties, it looks to me like a few luck ones cashed in and moved already out of the prime areas into the less expensive areas - the ripple happened.

A few months down the line stock will be piling up in the outskirts as the buyers now can't sell their prime properties. This will lead to a 'property implosion' with reductions imploding from the center outwards.

HOLA4420

If you use the right move trends tool, you can see stock piling up in prime and central (expensive areas), you will also notice outskirt areas are low on stock.

From the stock of properties, it looks to me like a few luck ones cashed in and moved already out of the prime areas into the less expensive areas - the ripple happened.

A few months down the line stock will be piling up in the outskirts as the buyers now can't sell their prime properties. This will lead to a 'property implosion' with reductions imploding from the center outwards.

I have no doubt that scenario has happened and WHEN london crashes that implosion will happen.

I know several "london people" who moved out a bit 3 years ( e.g clapham to Wimbledon ), ago and are now planning to cash in and buy BIG house much further out ( e.g. Wimbledon to Surrey ). They would do well to remember leverage works on the way up AND the way down.

The northants market has to have been been buoyed by this ripple effect, I was doubting my sanity earlier in the year when I saw some of the over priced rubbish that had been on the market for 3-5 years selling for the same asking price no one would pay for the last 3-5 years, but I guess when you've been handed £500K+ tax free and unearned cash for a flat then property looks like a 1 way bet from your point of view and that £500K 4 bed house ( that's only worth £250K ) looks to be a bargain. Meanwhile real workers with real wages are sitting scratching their heads wonder what is going on. London is destroying the country and a rebalancing is much needed.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

It touched 249.8 breifly so another threshold has been breached.

A salutory lesson in how wealth can evaporate - about £400m off market cap since the peak.

Back in positive territory since the lloyds announcement, they must be expecting a tory u-turn on cutting back lending and inflating house prices even further out of reach of sanity.

I wouldn't put anything past Osborne, I cannot believe what that man has been allowed to do to our futures.

HOLA4424

Maybe they were over-valued to begin with ?

Yes it was. By definition, the insiders sold a large amount (>50% of the shares) during the IPO at 230p, so it is clear what they think it is really worth!

Foxtons is not yet priced for the market to go down the pan, obviously at 400p it was pricing London property to go to the moon!

At anything above 170p it is over-valued.

HOLA4425

Yes it was. By definition, the insiders sold a large amount (>50% of the shares) during the IPO at 230p, so it is clear what they think it is really worth!

Foxtons is not yet priced for the market to go down the pan, obviously at 400p it was pricing London property to go to the moon!

At anything above 170p it is over-valued.

What about these fellows then:

Countrywide:

52 Week High 701.00 52 Week High Date 17-MAR-2014 52 Week Low 460.60 52 Week Low Date

21-JUL-2014

Barrats:

2 Week High 455.40 52 Week High Date 7-MAR-2014 52 Week Low 293.00 52 Week Low Date

15-AUG-2013

Taylor Wimpey:

52 Week High 132.70 52 Week High Date 25-FEB-2014 52 Week Low 96.85 52 Week Low Date

27-SEP-2013

Persimmon:

52 Week High 1,508.00 52 Week High Date 25-FEB-2014 52 Week Low 1,043.00 52 Week Low Date 7-OCT-2013

Compared to:

Foxtons:

52 Week High 402.20 52 Week High Date 28-FEB-2014 52 Week Low 249.30 52 Week Low Date 6-AUG-2014

All similar graphs, peak around March, trending down ever since. March being, oh lets see...when MMR was stopped....when FLS dried up a bit maybe too ?

I'm willing to accept Foxtons is over priced from the IPO and hence why it's dropping but it seems a bit coincidental that these other shares are following the same pattern.

I mean, I'd like to believe in fairies but they just don't f**king exist.