House Price Crash Forum

New Developments North East Area

Snafu

HOLA441

All,

I am no massive fan of new builds, especially considering the small rooms. However, we're keeping an open mind and looking at all sorts of stuff. We have one house, 2 bed - but one child so ****** me it's getting cramped.

Me and Mrs Snafu were driving around looking at new builds yesterday around Brunton/"North Gosforth/Wideopen yesterday and we realised there are quite a few? Ideally we don't want a new build but a part exchange is possibly something we may or may not consider.

1. Brunton Grange (just left off gosforth park)

2. Greenside (off Kingston park?) - very close to Brunton Grange. Finished and sold out I think.

3. 5 mile park - half finished?

4. An unidentified site on the east side of the A1 - but south of Gosforth Park? Does anyone know what build this is?

5. The Staiths are finished (after being a concrete shell for 3-4 years?).

Any other sites in the area or do you know of any upcoming ones?

• 3 months later...
HOLA442

I live in Consett - there are loads of new build houses going up here. It is maybe a tad far out, although I know a few people from the Toon moving over here. Her indoors works over in North Tyneside, and her colleague at work has bought a new house in Shotley Bridge.

DCC have decided Consett to be a dormitory town, and I think are set to get the majority of the 3000 houses to be built in the county. Plenty of brown fields to build on here due to the closure of the steel works.