JPJPJP

Mansion Or Hard Working Family's Home?

25 posts in this topic

40% - not sure if it's me that's so far out of touch or the price of houses...

Edited by pyracantha

I got 47% but i think I only scored that high because I got the idea early on... sorta

However my overall feeling is one of complete and utter disbelief at the insane prices.

It defies belief frankly

I got 47% but i think I only scored that high because I got the idea early on... sorta

However my overall feeling is one of complete and utter disbelief at the insane prices.

It defies belief frankly

Got fed up with it so no score......the thing is don't matter if it is 6 million squid if you can't buy it, take it that it is not for sale.....only fools rush in.....

Think what you could do with £2million.......and what you definitely would not do with it. ;)

18%.

I was really shocked at the price of the flat in Queensway. I can remember being in an estate agent's office in Queensway in the mid 80s and he was talking to someone about a two bedroom flat in that area for about seventy thousand. The prospective buyer had thought that he might get one for about sixty K.

I know if I lived in London and could get £2m for my 3 bed flat I would be selling it and moving north to retire.

I know if I lived in London and could get £2m for my 3 bed flat I would be selling it and moving north to retire.

Take the money and run....I am sure plenty already have or are in the process of doing so. ;)

70% too.

Noticed that both Miliband and Cameron live in terraces approaching the two million mark. Do you think these guys have any desire to solve this mess? They probably look at Rightmove and think ohhh, look at the bargains out there, so cheap..

70% too.

Noticed that both Miliband and Cameron live in terraces approaching the two million mark. Do you think these guys have any desire to solve this mess? They probably look at Rightmove and think ohhh, look at the bargains out there, so cheap..

One of Osborne's parent's houses is on the market for £14,000,000.

This has probably gone up by about £3 to £5 million while their son has done such a fantastic job as chancellor. Proceeds are probably going straight into a trust to avoid inheritance taxes.

Edited by taxed_crusader

Surely they should base "mansion" on the floor area of the building(s)?

Oh, no score - got bored 1/2 way through.

Surely they should base "mansion" on the floor area of the building(s)?

Oh, no score - got bored 1/2 way through.

If you stopped how do you know you were 1/2 way through ?

66%

I feel a bit daft as it should've been obvious from the start that the shite holes would be mega bucks and the big (but expensive to run) ones outside of that London would be under 2 mill.

I was quite shocked that people will stump up those sort of sums for really ordinary looking places.

If you stopped how do you know you were 1/2 way through ?

The percentages posted are in approximately 4% increments, meaning there are about 25 to get through.

I answered about 12 or so of them.