bmf

Labour Gains At Local Elections

147 posts in this topic

As though Labour never mismanaged the economy. They've been in the "wilderness" for 2 years. It's time.

I know there was a low turnout, but were the British not created to be ruled? Let's get Labour back in and get those bond sales higher.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17920848

I see all my Facebook friends are have voted Labour and have been encouraging people to vote Labour. Tories are nasty for their cuts and jobs losses. In fact the recession was the Torie's fault.

There you go. Perhaps not the answer HPCers are looking for.

Print some more money. Please print more money. I give up. Edited by MrTReturns

[quote name='bmf' timestamp='1336112562' post='909029659']
As though Labour never mismanaged the economy. They've been in the "wilderness" for 2 years. It's time.

I know there was a low turnout, but were the British not created to be ruled? Let's get Labour back in and get those bond sales higher.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17920848
[/quote]
Its ok Si and Co will be along in a minute to highlight the important thing is Labour will be out of Govt for a generation rather than walk it in 3 years as everyone will be poorer than they thought they were at the end of the term Edited by Georgia O'Keeffe

Democracy it's self is part of the problem. The people do not want to accept the pain, it will need to be forced upon them.

[quote name='neil324' timestamp='1336112937' post='909029667']
Democracy it's self is part of the problem. The people do not want to accept the pain, it will need to be forced upon them.
[/quote]

Nahhhhhhh, the consensus view of those who post on here insists it's all the fault of the bankers so why should the rest suffer.

I realise active posters may not represent everyone, but they are the face of the site.

[quote name='mfs1959' timestamp='1336113118' post='909029668']
Nahhhhhhh, the consensus view of those who post on here insists it's all the fault of the bankers so why should the rest suffer.

I realise active posters may not represent everyone, but they are the face of the site.
[/quote]

Who's fault it is doesn't matter.

The coalition are utterly useless politicians, they have no idea what they are doing and shouldn't be in government..
And cuts? pain? what have they cut - sweet FA.

Here's what our current form of democracy delivers:

[list=1]
[*]Party voted into power.
[*]Electorate become disillusioned by said party.
[*]Electorate reject incumbent party for opposing party.
[/list]
Repeat ad infinitum.

As Albert Einstein said "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Edited by nmarks

[quote name='MrTReturns' timestamp='1336112828' post='909029663']
I see all my Facebook friends are have voted Labour and have been encouraging people to vote Labour. Tories are nasty for their cuts and jobs losses. In fact the recession was the Torie's fault.
[/quote]

Sounds like you need some new friends... have you considered Google+? :lol:

Like many others have said, i wish labour would have won the last election.

[quote name='Snafu' timestamp='1336113940' post='909029686']
[/quote]
in a way, yes. But I feel you are making the mistake of overestimating the voters' intelligence and memory.

Look at Italy. Despite ALL he's done, some people are already missing Berlusconi. I kid you not.

[quote name='stuckmojo' timestamp='1336114625' post='909029695']
in a way, yes. But I feel you are making the mistake of overestimating the voters' intelligence and memory.

Look at Italy. Despite ALL he's done, some people are already missing Berlusconi. I kid you not.
[/quote]

Right, that's it, I'm off to Italy to open new shop called "A Hole In The Head". Sounds like I'll do a roaring trade.

[quote name='Snafu' timestamp='1336113940' post='909029686']
[/quote]

This term has certainly been a poisoned chalice.. I'm really not sure I would have wished another year of Brown on anyone though. Imagine the size of his ego by now and damage he would be doing.

It is hard enough to watch the Coalition turning the boat around so ever so slowly.. but imagine a power drunk Scottie still at the helm trying to make the engines go faster as the ship disintegrates around him... :ph34r:

Does make you despair at the British public though.. we just demand quick fixes and weasel words. Edited by libspero

stupid people, they just want to sit on their asses while their property goes up in val......

time to rename website to www.housepricecash.co.uk in readiness for the incoming nolabour government.....

Grant Shapps isn't a cheaper housing man. Even Labour didn't do government and council sponsored liar loans. Osborne is a money printing debt junkie who wants low interest rates forever. Every time Cameron opens his mouth a lie comes out.

I hope Labour have a landslide at the next election so instead of pretend cuts we can all live happily ever after. Let's get it over with quickly.

What have I do to with my sterling first? All the Tories have achieved is that they have given us another chance to take evasive action. USD 1.61 can we go higher or not?

[quote name='neil324' timestamp='1336112937' post='909029667']
[/quote]

The average person is right not to want to accept the pain when the richest are still making out like bandits. People might be more willing to accept the pain if it was also being applied to those who benefited most from the boom.

[quote name='Bruce Banner' timestamp='1336113470' post='909029674']
Put the voting age back up to 21.
[/quote]

You are consistently one of the most ageist posters on here.

This ConDem government should have called in the IMF on the day they took office and got an independant assessment of how the finances were on the last day of Labour. They failed to do so, and have consistently failed to 'pin' the problem on Labour ever since.

Buckers

[quote name='Dorkins' timestamp='1336117442' post='909029768']
[/quote]

Frankly we might as well let five year olds vote.. at least then we might get free ice-cream while we watch the country unravel

[quote name='Bruce Banner' timestamp='1336113470' post='909029674']
Put the voting age back up to 21.
[/quote]

years or IQ points?

I see the new mayor of Liverpool Joe Anderson says he's going to build houses and bring jobs to the people of Liverpool. Is that in his remit?

[quote name='Dorkins' timestamp='1336117442' post='909029768']
[/quote]

Labour reduced the voting age to 18, and reportedly considered reducing it again to 16. The idealism of youth is guaranteed to generate votes for the left.

[quote name='SarahBell' timestamp='1336117883' post='909029780']
years or IQ points?

I see the new mayor of Liverpool Joe Anderson says he's going to build houses and bring jobs to the people of Liverpool. Is that in his remit?
[/quote]

Sort of, mayors of cities outside London take on full responsibility for the council's activities. Of course, the money has to come from somewhere...

[quote name='Democorruptcy' timestamp='1336116925' post='909029752']
Grant Shapps isn't a cheaper housing man. Even Labour didn't do government and council sponsored liar loans. Osborne is a money printing debt junkie who wants low interest rates forever. Every time Cameron opens his mouth a lie comes out.

I hope Labour have a landslide at the next election so instead of pretend cuts we can all live happily ever after. Let's get it over with quickly.

What have I do to with my sterling first? All the Tories have achieved is that they have given us another chance to take evasive action. USD 1.61 can we go higher or not?
[/quote]

I think that is the closest yet, why were they so quiet about the debt bubble - becusae they were all in it together, second-homing, sleazing and lobby-backing their own little nests.

The problem has just been smeared across a wider section of the country - which will thus lose them support on more fronts.