rantnrave

Halifax Minus 2.4%

182 posts in this topic

Quick anecdote - flat in E Mids I had my eye on, asking of £100K rejected my offer of £85K last autumn, now they have that as their asking price, so I'm almost tempted to put another offer in of £75K

Be sure to let them know that's the offer you put in a year ago.

Plus, I'd only offer £60k, tell them "that's what you'll have it on here for in a year anyway if you don't accept my offer". Dont get thir hopes up.

It is odd isn't it... or is it just me, but I feel so jaded by it all now that a MASSIVE 2.4% fall... in Spring... is not really registering...

I have a similar meh response, 10 or 20% over a year might have me more interested but until I see reasonable asking prices on properties I'd be interested in buying Im not going to pay too much attention to these stats.

Prices are absolutely ridiculous, economy ruining ridiculous, zombie country ridiculous, emmigration planning ridiculous, and this kind of drop, welcome as it is, is a drop in the bucket.

Im still making other plans.

What you seen Bob?

I'm always after more axes.

Im REALLY surprised how much 60's Gretsch's are going for. I remember in the 80's going to Bristol and looking longingly on the walls at all these 60s Country Gentlemen and Tennessee Rose beauties.

They were £3-4k at least. Ive seen them for half that lately and they are the real deal 60s stuff.

I heard that the binding rots.

One guitar i've never had the balls to buy is a Gretsch. Would love an original White Falcon with TV Jones P/Us.

Word of caution, watch out for Chinese Gibson Les Pauls they are EVERYWHERE now.

I nearly got had a year or so ago. LP Custom. Decent guitar but phoney.

Any tips on how to spot the fake Gibsons?

Is BBC having homes themselves?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...siness-17951931

You can never find a minus "-" sign in that article..

its either

0.5% lower than a year ago.
the Nationwide building society also reported that prices had fallen last month, though by just 0.2%.
with the Nationwide putting the annual fall at 0.9%.

Though if you read carefully everytime its down !! :)

Edited by getknk

I've mostly given up following the prices on a monthly basis (but in my opinion the outlook is the best its been since 2007), however I just read this on the BBC and found it so amusing I'm determined to post it here for posterity. Haven't read thread apologies if its already here:

Oh god its killin me :lol::lol::lol:

I read that and thought 'what the trend taken from 2003 :lol::lol::lol:

Any tips on how to spot the fake Gibsons?

Best one is to unscrew the truss rod cover on the headstock.

You're looking for a male acorn type brassy coloured nut on the end that requires a special tool.

If it has a normal allen key hex female end ala Fender etc, its a fake.

There are other tips even right down to the colour of the pickup screws.

Also, if you ask for a serial number and it comes out as July 2005, be very suspicious indeed.

The serial no will check out and be recognised on dating sites but i think they just made a batch with the same number on.

The fake i had (LP Custom Black Beauty) totally took me in, and i've been buying guitars since the mid 80's.

I was lucky i got my £1100 back.

Very lucky.

Best one is to unscrew the truss rod cover on the headstock.

You're looking for a male acorn type brassy coloured nut on the end that requires a special tool.

If it has a normal allen key hex female end ala Fender etc, its a fake.

There are other tips even right down to the colour of the pickup screws.

Also, if you ask for a serial number and it comes out as July 2005, be very suspicious indeed.

The serial no will check out and be recognised on dating sites but i think they just made a batch with the same number on.

The fake i had (LP Custom Black Beauty) totally took me in, and i've been buying guitars since the mid 80's.

I was lucky i got my £1100 back.

Very lucky.

Thanks for that, I shall be on the lookout.