House Price Crash Forum

Amazing Photos Show What The World Really Eats

Pole

HOLA441

The UK picture doesn't look all that representative of what British people really eat... not a single bit of meat or Yogurt as far as I can tell, and they've managed to squeeze in two boxes of animal food!

+1. I'm struggling to see one good meal in that lot, I think can just about make out some Bacon but its inbetween the Go Cat and the Pedigree chum so that that gone.

No Pasta

Hardly any Bread. (My lot get through about a loaf a day)

Just sweets, water, Tobbaco and Animal food.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

I agree.

I knew things were bad in the U.K., but I never thought it had got to the Mad Max level where people are resorting to eating Go-Cat.

They spent all their income on a overpriced shoebox and Laurence Llewelyn Bowen Turd-shade wallpaper, hence they are down to their last box of Go-cat.

HOLA444
HOLA445

I've eaten go-kat.

It's not that bad.

I've eaten a Bonio, also not bad at all. Did it to encourage my dog - Look what I've got, yum yum! - who couldn't understand that she was supposed to eat them, not bury them in the garden. Or in large plant pots indoors if it happened to be raining.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

With 3 men living in the Chinese house I would have expected to see a lot more red meat.

Is that a man sitting down on the left. I had to concentrate when first seeing the photo and after deliberating decided it was a woman.

Best be careful when out drinking next :huh:

HOLA449

The photos are entertaining, but they're completely baseless. So the average American consumes one tomato slice per day and eats no other vegetables? Who's eating all those vegetables in American supermarkets, then? And the average Italian eats one persimmon per day? Is that even humanly possible? This is all just some middle-class, coastal American food snob trying to establish how superior they are because they shop at Whole Foods.

i went to a whole foods in NYC when i was there , those places are amazing

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

i went to a whole foods in NYC when i was there , those places are amazing

The one on Kensington High Street is a great place but the prices are incredible. I used to spend a lot there when I was using my expense account although you could easily spend £20 on a lunch of Sushi and Organic juice.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

The Italians actually make it fresh themselves.

Pizzas are similar to pancakes, burgers, meatballs, pies, and pasties - a mishmash of leftover food from the depleted pantry.

And while the Italian family seemed to overall eat healthier than the UK, US, and German families, to counter the borderline tinfoil hatted comments about unhealthy foods coming in boxes, look at somebody from a present day society that mainly bypassed eating Western food grown since the 1970s:

tinynork.jpg

Sure, look at the enormous whale women that block the view at your local Asda, but they're largely the result of a rather sedentary lifestyle and unbalanced diet (the UK family didn't have as much fruit and vegetables as the Italian family, but still had more fruit and veg than the US family).

HOLA4416

The Italian family doesn't know how to live. Where's their chocolate? Who could live in Italy without having gianduiotti chocolates on the menu? Or in Germany without having hot chocolate, black forest gateau and chocolate on the menu? At least the Brits are honest and have their chocolate placed pride of place on the table. No wonder both the Germans and Italians look so dour.

Archived