House Price Crash Forum

Uk Is Back In A Recession

Renewed Investor

HOLA441
HOLA442

To be honest though, I don't think we ever truly left the previous one.

Link

"The pound fell the most in two months against the euro after the U.K. economy unexpectedly slipped back into recession, supporting the case for the Bank of England to extend its asset-purchase program."

So I guess we are gonna see even more QE now.

Did you miss the other thread from this morning ? :blink:

We are always going to get more QE...it's to save the banks, not save the people. It will solve nothing expect keep the banks afloat., it causes more harm than good...but not to the banks.

Come the next general election though we need 650 ( or whatever it is ) independent MPs and no Tory, Labour or Lib-Dem.

We need a real change.

HOLA443

Did you miss the other thread from this morning ? :blink:

We are always going to get more QE...it's to save the banks, not save the people. It will solve nothing expect keep the banks afloat., it causes more harm than good...but not to the banks.

Come the next general election though we need 650 ( or whatever it is ) independent MPs and no Tory, Labour or Lib-Dem.

We need a real change.

Nope, it went under my nose.

And I agree entirely with you. I think based upon this announcement any major dips in the price of metals must be bought up because they have basically admitted what they plan to do in the future. Labour will win the next election without a doubt IMO and they are always "spend, spend, spend" which should get all this stowed away printed money flowing and causing great inflation.

HOLA444
HOLA445

We could be out of recession tomorrow.Just one simple change being to remove VAT and we would all be rushing to the shops creating wealth in the process. Even if they did it for 6 months it would get things moving. Do politicians honestly thing we are all going to be rushing out to spend whilst cutting services and raising taxes? At this rate we are going to be recession for quite some time until they realise that the little guy is just as important as the big guy.

HOLA446

May I add that stocks like the FTSE and such could be a good buy too if they crasha gain like back in 2008/2009. Just my opinion though.

Doubt it will happen, FTSE 100 stocks are the ultimate inflation hedge (unlike Gold).. QE cause inflation, which is good (for HPC) when house prices are stagnant.

Edited by Peter Hun