House Price Crash Forum

Scotland Won't Keep Uk's Aaa Rating If It Gains Independence, Says Fitch

HOLA441

And why should we be driven by your opinion? Nothing personal but if you are (as your info tell's me) in Krakow, then you should have even less say in the matter than anyone in the UK!

The SNP have outlined when the referendum shall be held, and did so before the last election. External influeces are just background noise now.

Indeed the opinion of the English as as valid as the opinion of the Poles in Poland, which makes you wonder why the Scots get so upset and argue about it with teh English. Its other Scots who need persuading.

Renewables being a case in point. Your right, we are ideally placed to both generate and develop renewable energy, but we're losing out at the moment. We can use the limited life of our oil resources to create a tax system that attracts this emerging industry to our country.

Do you think Westminster will do this for us?

Yes, they already are.

The biggest investment in building the High Voltage DC transmission line to the south - and that will need to be paid for by the English, I thought it was already approved. Westminster already offers major tax incentives for wind power (much to the chagrin of most posters on this right wing forum). Whats stopping wind development is Scottish people objecting to it, not the tax regime.

When Scotland gets independence I expect even more objections - 'spoiling our countryside to benefit the English'

HOLA442

Look at Iceland as a comparison, you cannot ignore the banks as they are going to be much bigger effect on the economy than Oil. Iceland is an energy exporter and resource positive (fish).

Green energy is Scotland real future, not oil; its resources are infinite

Potentially- if they build the HVDC line. Otherwise do you mean embodied energy in exported aluminium?

HOLA443

Indeed the opinion of the English as as valid as the opinion of the Poles in Poland, which makes you wonder why the Scots get so upset and argue about it with teh English. Its other Scots who need persuading.

I'm not upset, just responding to an OP that finished with "oh joy.Does that mean we get to keep them?". Plus a wee smiley :D I'm happy to promote independance, whether it's to us Scots, or the rest of the UK.

Yes, they already are.

The biggest investment in building the High Voltage DC transmission line to the south - and that will need to be paid for by the English, I thought it was already approved. Westminster already offers major tax incentives for wind power (much to the chagrin of most posters on this right wing forum). Whats stopping wind development is Scottish people objecting to it, not the tax regime.

Surely, the Western HVDC line is proposed to benefit England? I understand that generated power will be transmitted FROM, not TO, Hunterston? If we were an independent nation, then I could understand your point, but we're not. Hence, the UK will subsidise this development.

I'm happy to say that you've strengthened the arguement for independance. All those loverly GBP's streaming in from our renewables!

As to tax incentives for renewable generation, they're available to the whole of the UK, and try telling Donald Trump that Scot's don't want wind farms :D

When Scotland gets independence I expect even more objections - 'spoiling our countryside to benefit the English'

When Scot's get independence, I expect most Scot's to step up to the plate and earn their place amongst the Worlds nations. Most of the NIMBY's I see on TV, especially in the isles, don't have Scottish accents. Guess which accent the have......

Archived