Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Highly Unlikely Ns&i Will Bring Back Index Linkers This Year

10 posts in this topic

Shows how much confidence they have in "deflation kicking in". :lol:

Rowlocks, they said a new issue in April and i have been holding £30k in a rubbish deposit account awaiting this. Why do I trust what they say?

Hmmm... share dealing fund it is then.

Given our 2012/13 target is to deliver £0 Net Financing, we do not expect to be able to reintroduce Index-linked Savings Certificates in the coming financial year."

Eh? Does this mean the Treasury don't need to borrow any more money from Joe public?

I wonder why not, is is that the money markets are open and clamouring to lend to us, or that they think inflation will spike and devalue current debt?

Eh? Does this mean the Treasury don't need to borrow any more money from Joe public?

I wonder why not, is is that the money markets are open and clamouring to lend to us, or that they think inflation will spike and devalue current debt?

The bankrupt of England want high street banks to be funded from customer deposits rather than the BOE, that is why they they are doing this.

Ultimately the money not being put into NS&I 'should' flow into the high street banks for mortgage lending.

I say screw them, I would rather keep my money in NS&I at a lower interest rate than lend my money to high street banks who lend it out at a margin and push up house prices. :angry:

The bankrupt of England want high street banks to be funded from customer deposits rather than the BOE, that is why they they are doing this.

Ultimately the money not being put into NS&I 'should' flow into the high street banks for mortgage lending.

I say screw them, I would rather keep my money in NS&I at a lower interest rate than lend my money to high street banks who lend it out at a margin and push up house prices. :angry:

In that case, go for the highest paying high street rates (around 4.5% fixed for 5 years), so they have to up their SVR, but then move after 3 so they have to look for short term funding, pushing the SVR up.

I'm fed up with all this c**p

BM savings are doing inflation or 4.3% which ever is the higher

BM savings

Not bad if you don't mind locking your money away for 5 years min, but the 5% charge on early withdrawals will wipe out over one year's interest in the short term.

Q

Just a thought but I suspect that this withdrawal of certificates will probably bring an end to rollovers of existing maturing certificates.

I haven't checked the small print however.

Flynn

Just a thought but I suspect that this withdrawal of certificates will probably bring an end to rollovers of existing maturing certificates.

I haven't checked the small print however.

Flynn

Doubt it, I've even had second roll-overs of three year bonds into index-linked when current conditions say you only get one.