House Price Crash Forum

Cruise Ship Follows Path Of Titanic, Sets Sail

200p

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

I guess this is The Titanic 100 thread. So, 25 years ago, this lady, Eva Hart gave an interview about the moment the ship hit and the moment it sank. It's like a link to the past. I also love her cut-glass British accent (specifically her phraseology "it was absolutely ghastly" etc.), you'd struggle to find anyone who speaks like that today:

HOLA446
HOLA447

I guess this is The Titanic 100 thread. So, 25 years ago, this lady, Eva Hart gave an interview about the moment the ship hit and the moment it sank. It's like a link to the past. I also love her cut-glass British accent (specifically her phraseology "it was absolutely ghastly" etc.), you'd struggle to find anyone who speaks like that today:

Sounds and looks like my Great Aunt who died yesterday aged 100 :(

HOLA448

Where are they sailing too? The Titanic didn't reach it's destination? Will it be all off mid-Atlantic?

anything for the Rich to claim offshore residency to avoid a bit of tax.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

The media will be pissing their pants with excitement 'if' something happens to this boat. It doesn't even matter how small it is, 'Captains tin-opener stops working' will do and it's live coverage on the BBC for the next three days!

It's already become a Titanic obsession.

There was a JamCam* documentary on the box last night.

That guy is so obsessed he can tell you what colour underwear anyone on board was wearing at any given moment, and recite individual DNA strands backwards etc.

And this mob? Well, that's the Voyage of the Voyeursitic Vultures, ain't it?

*James Cameron.

HOLA4415

Just come to Cowes in Cowes week. We have hundreds of yachties with just such accents and phraseology. :(

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Just how far will the cruise company be going to recreate the experiences of that terrible night?

Have they got an 'ice-berg grinding against ship's hull' special effect sound effect to play over the ship's PA at the exact moment the Titanic struck the berg?

Can you imagine the pranks they could play on each other?

Tom : "Wow, Reg, that sound effect sounds pretty damn realistic."

Reg : "There's only one problem there Tom."

Tom : "What's that?"

Reg: "I haven't started playing it yet." :o

HOLA4419

It certainly can't arrive where the Titanic was intended to: Pier 59's terminal building (on the left at the picture at the top) is now an indoor basketball stadium.

I was over there 3 weeks ago and did the Harbour tour. The guide said the pier Titanic would have berthed at would have been the one with the golf driving range on it. (the one with the netting in the header on the site you quoted).

I think the original pier was demolished and what we see today built in its place!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pier_54

http://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/discus/messages/5933/5759.html

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

I was over there 3 weeks ago and did the Harbour tour. The guide said the pier Titanic would have berthed at would have been the one with the golf driving range on it. (the one with the netting in the header on the site you quoted).

Thanks. The caption said that the picture showed piers 59 to 61 from the left, hence my original assumption,

In any case, I'm guessing that they can't have (or be able to provide, given what's been done to the building and infrastructure) the secure customs and immigration facilities needed to disembark a liner there anymore, and that possibly the berth itself is now silted up and no longer deep enough.

HOLA4422

Archived