Uncas

Market Is Heading For A Crash

68 posts in this topic

Maybe the mail is trying to inoculate it's readers from reality using the vaccination method- a small controlled exposure every now and then to build up resistance combined with large doses of 'House price joy for millions as prices recover' headlines.

Long after the market has crashed daily mail readers will still be living in half a million pound semi's that nobody seems to want to buy from them.

What an excellent article. Someone is destined for an unscheduled hill walking holiday.

Prices are high because money is still being pumped relentlessly into the economy by the Bank of England.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2124941/UK-house-prices-Market-heading-crash.html#ixzz1r6eX8icI

I was not aware ISTBC that this money went into the housing market for easily obtainable mortgages but was invested in the Financial Markets by the money sharks to make more obscene profits. ;)

Great article, wrong conclusion.

The banks have won, they have their people in power.

They'll clamour for more money and they'll get it.

Excellent stuff.

I have noticed a massive turn-around in the last few weeks... I think everyone is expecting falls now. I was even reading a rather bearish article in The Economist about European house prices this morning- let's hope it all turns out to be true!

Are you Mitch - the Daily Mail writer? :lol:

Well spotted. Incredibly bearish for the Mail. Wonder if it is in the paper and how prominent it is today/tomorrow.

Looks to me like it's some sort of online blog section, not in the printed version, unfortunately.

excellent first post - welcome to the site

Thanks. I've been a long term forum reader but just couldn't resist posting this article. I knew it will be well appreciated here :)

Looks to me like it's some sort of online blog section, not in the printed version, unfortunately.

Just checked some of the other stories and they have appeared in the paper. Really want this on the front page - but I suppose the Mail is like a slow turning oil tanker.

Thank you OP

Mitch Feierstein

Mitch Feierstein knows the financial industry inside out. For the past 30 years, he consistently created opportunity and value where others have failed to look. He is a highly successful hedge-fund manager and CEO of the Glacier Environmental Fund Limited. Prior to Glacier he was Senior Portfolio Manager of the Cheyne Carbon Fund, part of one of the largest and best-respected hedge-fund groups operating in Europe. He has acted as a consultant for a number of governments in their disaster and contingency planning. He divides his time between London and New York.

Or you could follow on Twitter

PlanetPonzi a blog that loves accountability, transparency and truth. Planet Ponzi is now available. Join the Movement! London, UK

We found our new home :)

PlanetPonzi is a blog that loves accountability, transparency and truth. We applaud and commend those who question and those who challenge authority. We love folk who make things and invent things, and anyone who works hard and or raises a family.

Planet Ponzi does not like evasion, lies, or spin. We hate debt. We hate bailouts. We loathe lobbyists and tax-avoiders and economy-wrecking bankers. We do not trust our politicians. We do not trust a corporate owned-media to speak the truth.

Planet Ponzi believes in the power of the individual. We believe in change. Our mantra is Transparency, Oversight, Regulation and Accountability. TORA, TORA, TORA! We welcome you on board.

Maybe the mail is trying to inoculate it's readers from reality using the vaccination method- a small controlled exposure every now and then to build up resistance combined with large doses of 'House price joy for millions as prices recover' headlines.

Long after the market has crashed daily mail readers will still be living in half a million pound semi's that nobody seems to want to buy from them.

My guess is that in the DM's minds is that this is a 'provocative' article that will generate lots of eyeballs from the home owning, worried, majority.

No more. No less.

It's interesting how rarely you see graphs in the media with full axes and sufficient history to see what's been happening. For realists only:

article-0-12766978000005DC-74_634x389.jpgarticle-0-1276690E000005DC-402_634x388.jpg

Sorry to be the party pooper, but those graphs show nominal prices, rather than real prices. This is disappointing because this anomily is what the VI's will use to discredit what is an otherwise compelling article.

It's interesting how rarely you see graphs in the media with full axes and sufficient history to see what's been happening. For realists only:

article-0-12766978000005DC-74_634x389.jpgarticle-0-1276690E000005DC-402_634x388.jpg

Stange one that graph ain't it - it's between the early 70's and 1990 that is the real disgusting thing after leaving the gold standard. They double trebled in that 20 year timeframe, at least they only trebled in the next 20.

I might pop into an EA office on the way... trying to give them up... no fun anymore...

....see you print off a few copies before you go to leave inconspicuously on the desks. ;)