Charlie The Tramp Returns

When You Die Do You Want Burial Or Cremation

49 posts in this topic

Myself, Cremation and ashes scattered to the wind. ;)

Just something to cheer you up. :(

My son will dump me over the cliffs at The Needles in a black plastic bin bag. :)

My son will dump me over the cliffs at The Needles in a black plastic bin bag. :)

I`m afraid that is illegal as you will contaminate the sea, you must be cremated first. :huh:

Cremation - country's too overcrowded for anything else.

I`m afraid that is illegal as you will contaminate the sea, you must be cremated first. :huh:

I'm sure I won't care what happens. Will point out to my son that he shouldn't put me on the bonfire till dusk, or the council will prosecute him. :)

Burial in a green cemetary with a tree planted on top, so I can be useful.

Bodies are too wet for efficient cremation - takes far too much energy and not environmentally friendly.

Cremation - country's too overcrowded for anything else.

On that theme, I'd like to be fired into space.

LINK

I expect funeral attendance to be on the low side. ;)

I'm sure I won't care what happens. Will point out to my son that he shouldn't put me on the bonfire till dusk, or the council will prosecute him. :)

Make sure the neighbors haven't got their washing out.

There is enough unwelcome and dangerous debris flying around in space now without you adding to it. :P

Bodies are too wet for efficient cremation - takes far too much energy and not environmentally friendly.

Once they de-blood you, pump in the embalming fluid you go up faster than a rocket on November 5th. Crematories today are highly efficient environmental friendly and due not create gas as with a decomposing body. ;)

Once they de-blood you, pump in the embalming fluid you go up faster than a rocket on November 5th. Crematories today are highly efficient environmental friendly and due not create gas as with a decomposing body. ;)

Fair enough. But I want to be a tree.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9101874/Minister-praises-plan-to-heat-swimming-pool-from-fires-of-crematorium.html

Burial... in the hope of the resurrection. :rolleyes:

Plus cremation is too industrial.

By the time I'm ready to depart, I imagine burial might be illegal in this country. Will ask in my will for a secret burial in the bush. :lol:

Edited by roman holiday

I'd like to be disposed of a la The Cook, the Thief, his Wife and her Lover.

Or was that just me dreaming about Helen Mirren again....

Heh, I'm going over Beachy Head probably via Dignitas and the Crem or I might save everyone the trouble and throw myself over.

LINK

I expect funeral attendance to be on the low side. ;)

Make sure the neighbors haven't got their washing out.

Lol. It would be appropriate and proportionate revenge for all their barbecues when MY washing is out! :)

Heh, I'm going over Beachy Head probably via Dignitas and the Crem or I might save everyone the trouble and throw myself over.

Perhaps we should go together and get a BOGOFF? :)

Not very environmentally friendly. All those airmiles flying your corpse to Tibet.

Local solution then - the backyard and the local crows.

I have opted for cremation as it is the easiest and cheapest option for those left behind.

I still have a hankering for burial though, as long as it were somewhere where , in hundreds of years time, my remains could be found and placed in a museum; a sort of anonymous immortality..

My GF wants to be stuffed and mounted. Only willing to oblige.