bmf

Game Not In Trouble

Not sure on the figures but i believe there are around 6000 UK workers for Game, I could be wrong, however the BBC reporting on the positive when really 2900 people will be losing their jobs when 6000 were employed a week ago is a disaster.

Similar thing happened when Peacock's administators saved so many hundreds of jobs forgetting that hundreds more lost their jobs. :blink:

They better change their business model otherwise they won't stay open for long.

I think it relies upon Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft getting a move on and getting their new console hardware out to drive sales. The rumours on the news articles suggest that there won't be any option to play used games, and no backward compatibility!

Bonuses all around, and then bankruptcy in 2 years.

Asset stripping? I'm waiting to see if that's what they'll do to Comet..

I think it relies upon Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft getting a move on and getting their new console hardware out to drive sales. The rumours on the news articles suggest that there won't be any option to play used games, and no backward compatibility!

This will hurt retailers even more as they make more profit from used games. Stopping the used game market only benefits the developers and even this is debatable as people will be much more careful about which titles they buy.

Asset stripping? I'm waiting to see if that's what they'll do to Comet..

I wonder if they'll be after HMV, and Dixons? That would give them the monoply set!