Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Whitegates, Mayals, Swansea

570K asking!!!

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-38111456.html

Another cash poor punter; look at the dearth and quality of the furniture. They think they have a house worth over half a mill , whilst the contents are not worth10K!!

Jesus , what PLANET are these people living on ? I find myself wanting to actually meet these humanoids , just to get their story and try and understand what their deep delusion is based upon. Is it the MEW problem, the looming pensionless retirement, providing the impecunious kids with a leg-up. There has to be a prism which is distorting their perception of the real world. Fancy a viewing ? Give us drama details on Whitegates.

HOLA446

Another cash poor punter; lproviding the impecunious kids with a leg-up. There has to be a prism which is distorting their perception of the real world. Fancy a viewing ? Give us drama details on Whitegates.

Many of them have rejoiced as HP shot upwards. Now they are finding that their children or grand children are unable to buy a house!

Problem was, 10 years ago, they could not forsee this happening. They enjoyed feeling rich. Pigeons, roosts.....

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

:o:lol:

I swear your part of the world is like the fvcking Twilight Zone...

"

" :unsure:

Poor quality housing stock, insanely high prices, car theft capital of the UK (still?), average salary of <20K, some of the roughest, dumbest girls south of Sunderland. What's not to like?

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

“A fabulous ground floor apartment, forming part of the exclusive St Annes Close development, located in the vibrant sea-side village of Mumbles. This particular apartment benefits from an elevated position, with lovely Bay views. The tastefully...”

Mumbles a vibrant seaside village?

It is either a suburb of Swansea or a town because of its size, no way is it a village.

By vibrant it probably means that there is a hum in the air with all the Saturday night vomit.

Truth is that it is a suburb full of chancers, fast dealers etc. who think that they have made it big and moved from other parts of Swansea. Most try to speak with a pseudo English accent, wear the bling and generally throw their weight about.

What is exclusive about St Annes? It's just another place.

HOLA4413

“A fabulous ground floor apartment, forming part of the exclusive St Annes Close development, located in the vibrant sea-side village of Mumbles. This particular apartment benefits from an elevated position, with lovely Bay views. The tastefully...”

Mumbles a vibrant seaside village?

It is either a suburb of Swansea or a town because of its size, no way is it a village.

By vibrant it probably means that there is a hum in the air with all the Saturday night vomit.

Truth is that it is a suburb full of chancers, fast dealers etc. who think that they have made it big and moved from other parts of Swansea. Most try to speak with a pseudo English accent, wear the bling and generally throw their weight about.

What is exclusive about St Annes? It's just another place.

If I'm honest you are coming across as sounding a bit bitter about something.

My, recent, experience of Mumbles is much different to yours. The nightlife has almost died and Saturday nights especially so.

It is known as 'the village', not sure why this bothers you so much but it has always been the case - probably since it was more detached from the city but probably no less relevant now.

Chancers and fast dealers? Well maybe at one time but these days the area is chock a block with fairly well-to-do retirees.Can't say that anyone has attempted any weight throwing with me but given the average age I wouldn't expect any.

St Anne's? I don't see anything special at all, pokey flats with parking - nothing new there.

HOLA4414

395k - mental! They have over the years had great difficulty shifting these, it was built just at the end of the boom and i think they have been stuck with the stock to be honest.395k is langland manor money, i would be very suprised if this sold at all even for 100k less.GCP have out done themselves on this one!

HOLA4415

395k - mental! They have over the years had great difficulty shifting these, it was built just at the end of the boom and i think they have been stuck with the stock to be honest.395k is langland manor money, i would be very suprised if this sold at all even for 100k less.GCP have out done themselves on this one!

GCP must send their valuers on extended courses dedicated to the intense study of avarice, bullshite and delusion. They clearly pass with honours and are a credit to their employer, though unfortunately, not so useful to the misguided punter who is under pressure to sell his house sometime before 2020. And, to add insult to injury, has to pay their fees for the "service".

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

465K asking for a 3 bed semi in Newton. Can you guess the EA without looking?

http://www.globrix.com/property-details/39166460-slade_road-newton-sa3-3_bed-semi_detached_house

Got to be a GC clone with a 2:1 in bull. Why , oh why , would anyone pay 500K for a semi (albeit a nice one)?

I wouldn't live in Slade Road on principle; my old boss used to live there and what an unadulterated tosser he was . Every time I passed his gate I'd want to get out and pyss on it !

HOLA4418

Wooh, how much???????

Obviously GCP.

Now that I have checked and confirmed it's them, I can see that a bit of updating is required. New kitchen for starters.

Not too sure about the lean-to conservatory type thingy. No double glazing. Also looks like a ghost in the corner of the bedroom ;)

I could buy 500 houses back home in Burnley for that kind of money.

HOLA4419

Asking price reduction today after 6 months at previous asking price.

A house mere yards down the road sold at auction for about 200K recently IIRC.

A 3 bed semi just a bit further along, at the next junction, on for about 225K asking and a 4 bed terrace just a bit further along again on for 285K asking... both optimistic also IMPO.... but they want 405K asking price for this? Near the junction of Langland Road and Newton Road by the traffic lights with that constant coming and going of traffic during the day???

Best of luck to them.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-31723777.html?backListLink=%2Fproperty-for-sale%2Fmap.html%3FlocationIdentifier%3DUSERDEFINEDAREA%255E%257B%2522polylines%2522%253A%2522ahxyHtlmWSgIA%253FOSRS%2560T%257CA_%2540nSgJrBgGqN%2522%257D%26includeSSTC%3Dtrue%26_includeSSTC%3Don%23_includeSSTC%3Don%26auction%3Dfalse%26includeSSTC%3Dtrue%26locationIdentifier%3DUSERDEFINEDAREA%255E%257B%2522polylines%2522%253A%2522ahxyHtlmWSgIA%253FOSRS%2560T%257CA_%2540nSgJrBgGqN%2522%257D%26previousSearchLocation%3DUntitled%2520%28Drawn%2520Area%29%26radius%3D0.0%26searchLocation%3DUntitled%2520%28Drawn%2520Area%29%26searchType%3DSALE%26useLocationIdentifier%3Dfalse%26box%3D-4.01361%2C-3.99911%2C51.56952%2C51.57782%26popupPropertyId%3D31723777%26mapType%3DMap&fromMap=true

21 June 2012 10:45:08

Price changed: £425,000 £405,000

29 November 2011 00:03:27

Price changed: £445,000 £425,000

08 October 2011 08:43:45

Price found: £445,000

Edited by The Masked Tulip

HOLA4420

Wooh, how much???????

Obviously GCP.

Now that I have checked and confirmed it's them, I can see that a bit of updating is required. New kitchen for starters.

Not too sure about the lean-to conservatory type thingy. No double glazing. Also looks like a ghost in the corner of the bedroom ;)

I could buy 500 houses back home in Burnley for that kind of money.

So, 465K asking for a house that needs modernising.. in Slade Road...???

facepalm012.jpg

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I recall one ludicrous asking price of 650K on this estate a couple of years back, which was on with 2 EAs, and then it dropped to 550K asking. No idea if it sold or not.

I also looked at one which was on for 350K asking and recall it sold for about 240ish.

But this one is on for 439K asking.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-38416715.html

I personally think the market for such houses like this - there are other new builds at the top of West Cross and also the ones at the bottom of Derwen Fawr - at such asking prices has long passed.

When I look at a house like this now I see 300K tops as the price I would be willing to pay. In fact, some of the ones at the top of West Cross are coming close to 300K asking now... slowly... others are still on for silly asking prices...

HOLA4423

This is interesting - 3 bed semi, Killay, looks OK from the photos, under floor heating, etc, for 150K?

http://www.globrix.com/property-details/39244600-dunvant_road-dunvant-sa2-3_bed-semi_detached_house

Wonder what the story is?

This is in Dunvant and not Killay.

Odd that the same EA have this property nearby in Dunvant on at the same price:

HOLA4424

This is interesting - 3 bed semi, Killay, looks OK from the photos, under floor heating, etc, for 150K?

http://www.globrix.com/property-details/39244600-dunvant_road-dunvant-sa2-3_bed-semi_detached_house

Wonder what the story is?

I just did google streetview on Dunvant Road and could not find the house on it at all. Shrugs.

HOLA4425