Sunday Times Uses " Bubble " Word

30 posts in this topic

[quote name='Durch' timestamp='1332679086' post='908999628']
There is a two page spread in today's [color="#FF00FF"]Home[/color] section by Helen Davies called: [b]Will the bubble burst?[/b], with a picture of a house being carried aloft by a child's balloon and a hand set to ***** it with a pin, about the prime central London market.

Of course, because of their pay wall, I can't link it, and I can't make myself read it, because it's bound to nauseatingly conclude that the answer is "no", but I thought I'd post it here, because even the use of that B-word might be a first in such a VI homeland as the Sunday Times [color="#FF00FF"]Home[/color] supplement.
[/quote]

I chose the name Pin because I could see a bubble! :lol:

[quote name='MrPin' timestamp='1332679200' post='908999629']
I chose the name Pin because I could see a bubble! :lol:
[/quote]Your services are urgently required, Mr Pin. :)

[quote name='Durch' timestamp='1332680108' post='908999638']
To give you an idea, the final paragraph is the usual Sibleyesque madness that [i]everyone will just stay put then, so there will be even less things to buy[/i].
[/quote]

Some people won't learn until interest rates start going up.

Oh dear, they are already!

It's an interesting article.

ST is well worth the price IMHO. You get a lot of read for £2.20, lasts me a week.

One thing the article said that I found interesting was that in the budget aparrently VAT work on listed buildings will now not be zero rated. A hidden gem.

To give you an idea, the final paragraph is the usual Sibleyesque madness that [i]everyone will just stay put then, so there will be even less things to buy[/i].

It's pure VI tripe, with 50% of the page space trying to flog some actual, particular houses in the affected price bracket.

Maybe read it in Tescos by ripping the packet open.
[/quote]

Acutally I found it quite evenly balanced, with some plusses and minuses.

However, I read it relaxed from the comfort of my armchair.

[quote name='Giordano Bruno' timestamp='1332679560' post='908999634']
Your services are urgently required, Mr Pin. :)
[/quote]

It's like a time lapse film Signor Bruno! It happens slower than most realise! So slow that most people don't see it! :huh:

[quote name='Durch' timestamp='1332679328' post='908999631']
I used the name [b]Durch[/b] because it was written on the side of my beer can in the small print.
[/quote]

Vorsprung durch bier?

I called myself hotairmail because I'm full of sh*t. ;)

[quote name='hotairmail' timestamp='1332684884' post='908999705']
Vorsprung durch bier?

I called myself hotairmail because I'm full of sh*t. ;)
[/quote]

Ha ha! That's most of us then? ;)

It's pure VI tripe, with 50% of the page space trying to flog some actual, particular houses in the affected price bracket.

Maybe read it in Tescos by ripping the packet open.
[/quote]

Can you not speak the article into the inter web using some speech to text software Mr Durch? :lol:

[quote name='Durch' timestamp='1332685347' post='908999716']
Maybe the Gigantic Purple Slug would be happy to. But I think it's the same as scanning it in terms of copywrite breach, I'm not sure.

Do you really want me to read it and [i]précis[/i] it?
[/quote]

Not really, it sounds a crap article to me, probably full of made up people with kids that have names like Joshua and Imogen, go to private schools and have ponies and stuff.

Actually thanks for reminding me why I don't buy the Sunday Times anymore. :P Edited by "Steed"

deleted Edited by Killer Bunny

[quote name='Durch' timestamp='1332686029' post='908999726']
I've just read it - GPS was right, it's not [i]so[/i] bad. (So much for my instinct. :lol: )

In essence, it states what's happened, how tiny the population of houses affected, that lots of sales were rushed through (£107 million of relevant sales in one day for Knight Frank - £15 million on the same day last year), that lots of vendors priced just over £2 million rushed to drop just under, that some vendors up to £3 million might pay the extra duty for the buyers, that property outside London is expected to teeter, but then carry on as normal, and that rural places with farmland are excluded from the new rate. Then it ends up saying most people will stay put and supply will dry up. Plus lots of ads.
[/quote]

Sounds bullish?

[quote name='Durch' timestamp='1332686029' post='908999726']

Then it ends up saying most people will stay put and supply will dry up. Plus lots of ads.
[/quote]

Of course! No one need ever need sell a property ever again. Estate agents throughout the land to shut up shop immediately.

The Telegraph has stuck up a story saying that the new stamp duty on companies will be impossible to collect and so will not affect the housing market.

[quote name='The Masked Tulip' timestamp='1332686978' post='908999739']
The Telegraph has stuck up a story saying that the new stamp duty on companies will be impossible to collect and so will not affect the housing market.
[/quote]

They just need to expropriate a few of the dodgiest for non payment pour encourager les autres.

Assad must own some property in London. ;)

[quote name='Durch' timestamp='1332686588' post='908999734']
The reduction of UK population (by bird flu) to four people (one seller, one buyer, one EA and one Sunday Times journalist) would be spun as bullish by the Sunday Times [color="#FF00FF"]Home[/color] section.
[/quote]

No need for four people, (no need to separate buying and selling roles from other actors).

EA puts house on the market, garage not included. EA moves into garage.
ST journalist buys house, moves in upstairs.

Only 2 people left in the UK living in 1 house, headline "Boom in sales of houses without garages"

[quote name='Durch' timestamp='1332690451' post='908999757']
:lol:

Or only one person left a part time ST journo/EA:

"Prices soar as sellers stay put."
[/quote]

"Chinese Navy turns back as lone Brit declares 'I'm not [i]giving [/i]it away'"

[quote name='The Masked Tulip' timestamp='1332686978' post='908999739']
[/quote]

...hahh...they are owned by well known property VIs / investors...they are likely to say as such.... :rolleyes:

[quote name='"Steed"' timestamp='1332686379' post='908999731']
Of course! No one need ever need sell a property ever again. Estate agents throughout the land to shut up shop immediately.
[/quote]

Funny how most of the msm don't equate people 'staying put' to a corresponding drop in demand - its only supply thats ever affected.

Of course in the real world, additional demand comes from the likes of ftbs and foreign buyers - both of which will be in shorter supply.

[quote name='NEO72' timestamp='1332691850' post='908999769']
Funny how most of the msm don't equate people 'staying put' to a corresponding drop in demand - its only supply thats ever affected.

Of course in the real world, additional demand comes from the likes of ftbs and foreign buyers - both of which will be in shorter supply.
[/quote]

...'staying put' does not protect 'realised sale values' which will drop ...there are always people who have to sell ...e.g 'estate wind-ups', repossessions..... etc... etc .... :rolleyes:

[quote name='thecrashingisles' timestamp='1332691195' post='908999763']
"Chinese Navy turns back as lone Brit declares 'I'm not [i]giving [/i]it away'"
[/quote]

:lol:

the telegraph article is horrendous VI-mongering - for example querying whether the new tax scheme on properties held in off shore vehicles is based on the current market value or the original purchase price

really, do they really think the cash-strapped govt, desperate for money, will be basing it on a 1997 purchase price? for real?

[quote name='Killer Bunny' timestamp='1332685618' post='908999720']
deleted
[/quote]

There's a rumour going around you've bought a House? Would you like to comment?