Sign in to follow this  
nuki

Would You Consider This Property?

Location, building, lease, service charges, etc. fine. Price lower than the rest of the flats in the bldg. because of the

The problem is in the layout (and possibly the fact that this is a top floor flat). Is this difficult to sell? Check the floorplan, entry to 2nd bedroom from the kitchen.

Any caveats?

http://sales.dexters.co.uk/details.dtx?propertyid=387B814D-D24F-4D32-B069-300396D543D2

Ensuite kitchen! Great for midnight munchies. I couldn't possibly pay that much for it, if you really want it please put an insulting offer in.

Is there any reason why you can't just swap over the usage of lounge/bedroom 1?

tim

sloped low ceiling (under roof), small window (rectangular, narrow - half width). it would look awkward in a living room.

for a 2nd bedroom should be fine, but i don't know if i can get used to the 'ensuite kitchen' idea.

(also wanted to see how others perceive this and how much it affects the resale value -- so many things that seem unacceptable elsewhere here in England are considered fine e.g. bathroom extension in Victorian terrace houses, where you have to pass through the kitchen to get to the bathroom).

sloped low ceiling (under roof), small window (rectangular, narrow - half width). it would look awkward in a living room.

for a 2nd bedroom should be fine, but i don't know if i can get used to the 'ensuite kitchen' idea.

(also wanted to see how others perceive this and how much it affects the resale value -- so many things that seem unacceptable elsewhere here in England are considered fine e.g. bathroom extension in Victorian terrace houses, where you have to pass through the kitchen to get to the bathroom).

#

Would it work if you swapped the lounge and bedroom 1 over - and opened out the kitchen into the (new) lounge?

edited for being a fool

Edited by Bankside

Consider that flat? I'd have to be desperate. Location - no thanks. Price - wtf? Style of build (and room sizes) - ugh.

Neither would I buy a flat in the UK. Rent - yes, but not buy.

Having said that, I wouldn't let the slightly idiosyncratic layout bother me. Take a look at the floorplan on this, which I find almost tempting for that frontage and couple of rather splendid (though small) rooms ...

Having said that, I wouldn't let the slightly idiosyncratic layout bother me. Take a look at the floorplan on this, which I find almost tempting for that frontage and couple of rather splendid (though small) rooms ...

Wow that does look lovely from the outside. :wub:

As a former leasehold flat owner I too wouldn't buy another flat. The flat itself looks alright, however.

As a former leasehold flat owner I too wouldn't buy another flat. The flat itself looks alright, however.

This has gone under offer too, looks like I need to decide faster :-)