26 replies to this topic

#1 spyguy

spyguy

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

Watchers ofthe 90s reality show, The Village (Bentley HANTS) may remember the WPC - Sue Woodcock.

Readsers ofthe Yorkshire Post will know her for her column, Dales DIary, in the Saturday farming supplement.

Anyhow, her foot in the door to the dales involved her buying a derelict farm near Grassington.

Of course she did not have planning permission:

Article nov 2008

http://www.yorkshire..._life_1_2398397

"The two years since she bought the property and 10 hectares of land for 130,000 have been taken up with making the house weather-proof, blocking windows with Perspex, putting in a wood-burning fire and a stove and filling it with her many possessions."

So, that's bought a shed which she could not stay in. Wierd, 30 years enforcing the law, retire on a chunky wedge then - poof! - laws no longer apply.
Oh she pleas poverty a lot.

Anymuch, whinging about this and that. Column in the YP - the new Hannah Hauxwell. Much housing of stray animals - most of which go round eating the moors wildlife.

Roll forward to 2012 - she's selling-up. That's 6 years ownership.

http://www.cravenher...t_to_sell_home/

Oh being a raggle taggle dont care about money, she'll just want to seel it for the price she bought it for:

http://www.rightmove...y-30829537.html

£325K FFS!!!!!

Look at the pictures!!
She's really done a Grand Design on it.
Still no leccy, water.

Oh but there are problems. Her buyer's chain stuck or fallen apart.

Not to worry - 'there are loads of other buyers lined up'

You'll have to take my word for the last bit. Its a verbatim quote from the paper. YP's website is a pie*e of sh1t.

#2 singlemalt

singlemalt

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:12 PM

Wonder if the clapped out old banger (the Renault Berlingo not Sue Woodcock) is included in the sale?

#3 hotairmail

hotairmail

Tired of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,638 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

Planning gain is theft from the rest of us.

"The chicken is radiating disorder out into the wider universe."

#4 Venger

Venger

HPC Saver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

"The two years since she bought the property and 10 hectares of land for 130,000 have been taken up with making the house weather-proof, blocking windows with Perspex, putting in a wood-burning fire and a stove and filling it with her many possessions."

Only in a late 2004 bubble getting completely out of control would anyone pay £130,000 for that place in that isolated location.

Even now it has permissions and what not, still lacking so much including mains water, gas, electricity and sewerage.

Unless Yarnbury Grassington is really in special demand, can't see her getting anywhere near £130,000 for it. It's nothing but a basic shelter in nowhere. Can't see it being worth much more than its agricultural land value.

#5 spyguy

spyguy

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:02 AM

The EPC rating is the lowest I have seen. You would need to be certifiable to buy this.

I think the open moorland has a better rating.

#6 porca misèria

porca misèria

Porcine Aviation Enterprises

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,496 posts
  • About Me:pig

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:33 AM

A bargain, surely? ;)

It's a while since I've been there, but I seem to recollect Grassington as a genuinely nice spot, blighted by the number of quarrying lorries on the road from Skipton.

#7 SHERWICK

SHERWICK

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:45 AM

Posted Image

£325K?

Surely a missprint and £32.5k? :blink:

The mighty neo liberal steam roller that crushed all before it from the 1980s to the beginning of the new millennium has morphed in recent years into a Charlie Carioli clown car that now can not go two yards without loud bangs, smoke pouring out of the engine and the doors dropping off. (by stormymonday_2011, posted amidst the Barclays Libor crisis on 02/07/2012)

Polster: why did you vote labour?
Labour voter: because I hate Margaret Thatcher
Polster: how old were you when she left Downing st?
Labour voter: 3
(by Robo1968, posted 10/05/2010)

From BBC HYS 15/05/2009:
"Last year, my MP's second home claim was £5,000 more than my total salary and now I find out that he's trying to charge me for cleaning his swimming pool!"

"Whatever your argument it's wrong." bendy, 21/02/2014

#8 RufflesTheGuineaPig

RufflesTheGuineaPig

is fluffy

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,038 posts
  • About Me:I am Ruffles, the destroyer of worlds....

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:11 AM

Only in a late 2004 bubble getting completely out of control would anyone pay £130,000 for that place in that isolated location.

Even now it has permissions and what not, still lacking so much including mains water, gas, electricity and sewerage.

Unless Yarnbury Grassington is really in special demand, can't see her getting anywhere near £130,000 for it. It's nothing but a basic shelter in nowhere. Can't see it being worth much more than its agricultural land value.

All she needs is leccy and water. Many places out in the stick use calor gas or oil, and lack of mains drains is not unusual, you just get the tank pumped out once a month.

Getting planning consent on any land effectively quadruples it's price... so she paid over the odds when she bought the place.
It's time to pay the piper. There is no magician who will magic away the debt. Someone is going to have to pay it. Bend over and prepare to make payment.

In this glorious nation of ours, if you work hard and keep your head down for 25 years then you too can aspire to own one-eighth of a one bedroom flat in Manchester.

My mum and day always tell me how important it is to save to buy a house. They should know, it took them nearly 6 months to save for theirs. As teenagers, they bought a 3 bed semi.

#9 porca misèria

porca misèria

Porcine Aviation Enterprises

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,496 posts
  • About Me:pig

Posted 02 March 2012 - 11:16 AM

All she needs is leccy and water. Many places out in the stick use calor gas or oil, and lack of mains drains is not unusual, you just get the tank pumped out once a month.

Getting planning consent on any land effectively quadruples it's price... so she paid over the odds when she bought the place.

No need even for those if it's properly out in the sticks. Some of the houses around here have private water supplies (like this one, which I might view when the price comes within offering distance of £250k), and a few have their own generators (no example to hand).

#10 olliegog

olliegog

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

private water supply is fine - you just need the UV treatment to ensure it is safe
and septic tanks only need 'pumping out' when needed - every couple of years or so. They are designed to be a closed system and most properties outside urban areas manage fine with them

#11 spyguy

spyguy

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

Still can't find where teh YP put the weekly column.

Anyhow, just read the Farming supplment on the bog.

The sale has fallen through.
Don't worry loads more buyers.
Russians I guess.
Or Greeks.
Or Italians.

I wonder if the council attached any restrictions to the house when they allowed her to stay.

#12 erranta

erranta

Knows he doesn't know

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,716 posts
  • About Me:Too old for another mortgage

- fighting slavery and serfdom by despotic 'false' leaders of mock-democracy, their mega-corps and corporatism for the next ignorant generation

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

Posted Image

£325K?

Surely a missprint and £32.5k? :blink:

You could get moor than that flogging the stone in garden centres :rolleyes:

"The rich man's wealth is his strong city, and as an high wall in his own conceit." Proverbs Ch18 v.11

Whistle Blow!
You know 'IT' makes sense!

Exploitation & corrupt Government / Elite Rule? They have nowhere to hide if we all EXPOSE their corruption!

"Most propaganda is NOT designed to fool the critical thinker but only to give MORAL COWARDS an excuse not to think at all!"

#13 spyguy

spyguy

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:09 PM

Not caught up on my YP country section for a few months.

I see the hovel is back on the market.

Last comment I read was the buyer was bringing a structural engineer up to look at the house.
The buyer would have been better advised to get a shrink.

Nice picture of the kitchen. Should appeal to someone returning from 'ghan.

#14 dances with sheeple

dances with sheeple

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,991 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:11 PM

Not caught up on my YP country section for a few months.

I see the hovel is back on the market.

Last comment I read was the buyer was bringing a structural engineer up to look at the house.
The buyer would have been better advised to get a shrink.

Nice picture of the kitchen. Should appeal to someone returning from 'ghan.

:lol: :lol:

#15 dances with sheeple

dances with sheeple

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,991 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:13 PM

decent arcs over the surrounding country too.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users