House Price Crash Forum

Did Injin Stop Posting At 40,000 Posts?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

I was looking at the top posters link and noticed Injin (top poster) has 40,000 posts dead. I've also noticed he's not been around a few days.

Are we witnessing an exercise in iron willpower?

Oh God you mean there is an actual link to a list of saddo's with no life? blink.gif

Then again if I learned how to use multiquote, my count would be far less.

I'll take comfort in that my posts are one or two liners, and not huge great essays on economics, money and money is debt, and all that "mean reversion" stuff.

HOLA444
HOLA445

I have come to terms with my HPC addiction. And it's dwindling. Today's been a big posting day (bored), but sometimes I barely look at the place for a week.

Truthfully, I think that the site will have virtually no traffic when we finally hit bottom. By then everyone will have totally lost interest in property. You can feel it starting already.

But this is OT. I digress...

You know you are overdoing it when you can see your username on nearly every post in the "last post info" column on the front page.

That is when the rest of board is quietening down and not keeping up with you and its time do something else, like make a cup of tea....or get involved in an argument on Facebook. Seems to be happening more and more these days.

If Injins gone or retired I wish him well, I'm glad he's done it silently, and just stopped posting and visiting. That is the way to go. I hate these attention seeking flounces where people announce they are leaving.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

I have come to terms with my HPC addiction. And it's dwindling. Today's been a big posting day (bored), but sometimes I barely look at the place for a week.

Truthfully, I think that the site will have virtually no traffic when we finally hit bottom. By then everyone will have totally lost interest in property. You can feel it starting already.

But this is OT. I digress...

I know what you mean. I think HPC should re-brand at some point. It would be a shame for a relatively diverse forum to disappear.

It's easy to find forums of specific interests, but HPC seems to encompass rather a lot.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

At 40,000 posts you turn into an orb of enlightenment and ascend to a new form of being.

Something to look forward to. :lol:

At 40K it's time for the 'Carousel' in Injin's Run.

Not as much fun as the Michael York version.

INJIN: Renewal does not exist, lifeclocks are subjective, those Sandmen do not exist, neither do their heavy rubber truncheons (ow!, ow!, ow! This searing pain does not exist).

Pretty rubbish isn't it?

Even worse, in this version, Jenny Agutter does not exist! :o

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I've had Injin on ignore for a long time but often choose to see his posts anyway.

I did an experiment a month or so ago to guess his age - and he was kind enough to confirm that the weighted average results of the poll gave the correct answer. He was both older and younger than I expected. B)

Poll: how old is Injin?

He seems to turn every topic into a anti statist arguement. I just don't read most of his posts and don't respond. I think he's a nutcase! But I suppose so are a lot of us on here..

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

where was the extra nudity?

Not in that clip I'm afraid, although it's a good example of a sequence that (as far as I know) no longer exists.

The extra nudity is in a sequence where the mad robot Box forces Logan and Jessica to pose nude for one of his ice sculptures. This was filmed but cut out. A brief bit of it can be seen in the trailer though (about 50 seconds in).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WUUnc1M0TA

"They actually did shoot a version of the novel scene where Box has Logan & Jessica pose nude, kissing, while Box quickly makes an ice sculpture. It was deleted from the release for ratings reasons, presumably because it would result in an R-rating. Film clips of this scene were a hot property among SF fans in '77-'78, and I saw several floating around at STAR-San Diego dealer tables. I don't remember about Michael York, but Jenny Agutter definitely did a full-frontal nude shot. Regretted not buying one ever since :-)"
"There's an article in the new Cinescape, in which a LOT of things are brought up. This is one of them. Apparently, they filmed Jenny Agutter peeling off her clothes SEVERAL times. She claims that this 'knickers reel' floated around Hollywood for a while.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Not in that clip I'm afraid, although it's a good example of a sequence that (as far as I know) no longer exists.

The extra nudity is in a sequence where the mad robot Box forces Logan and Jessica to pose nude for one of his ice sculptures. This was filmed but cut out. A brief bit of it can be seen in the trailer though (about 50 seconds in).

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=4WUUnc1M0TA

back to Equus then.