Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sambino

Newsnight Work Scheme

11 posts in this topic

Who is the older guy. Obviously a plant not a job seeker

Poor research by the looks of it - got two older guys mixed in with the debate over Tescos, etc. If the Tory MP had been bolder she could have rounded on Paxman for NN mixing things up.

The headline story is Greece/Euro but, per usual, NN fluffs it.

Who is the older guy. Obviously a plant not a job seeker

I doubt it, just an older guy who is on a work programme.

It may be youth unemployment getting the media focus but it's probably as bad over 45/50, just not getting the coverage.

I wasn't keen on the swivel eyed loon in the middle. Nice chap i'm sure, but a bit overly invested in the conversation.

Not sure I would employ any of them.

Tesco's would never have to hire another paid worker, when they're being sent free workers.

In one move, politicians destroy even more jobs. Their stupidity is incredible.

Tesco's would never have to hire another paid worker, when they're being sent free workers.

Not only that, they fail the "Ford" test. The people working at Tesco will end up having to shop at farmfoods, unable to afford the products they spend all day working with and looking at.

Short-termism2

Not only that, they fail the "Ford" test. The people working at Tesco will end up having to shop at farmfoods, unable to afford the products they spend all day working with and looking at.

Short-termism2

From our point of view you are100% right

But the government's ,objective is to skew the unemployment figures ,just like Maggie done with YOP schemes in the late 70`s early 80`s

I could be wrong though perhaps they are trying to corner the world market in shelf stacking operatives`s

From our point of view you are100% right

But the government's ,objective is to skew the unemployment figures ,just like Maggie done with YOP schemes in the late 70`s early 80`s

I could be wrong though perhaps they are trying to corner the world market in shelf stacking operatives`s

And just like NuLiebor did first with Blair's Education education education and then Brown's drives to to up qualify every job.

Politicians love gerrymandering and the press suck up to it :angry:

The moral hazard is epic.

It may be youth unemployment getting the media focus but it's probably as bad over 45/50, just not getting the coverage.

Saw something the other day that those in the older age groups 50+ were starting to lose out in the job market as well.

I know a lot of older guys (ex council etc) which some pretty decent experience qualifications getting themselves on NEA (New Enterprise Allowance) to avoid another round of shelf stacking roles at Poundland or listing stuff on Ebay for charities.