#1 interestrateripoff

interestrateripoff

Carry on banking.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47,415 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:13 PM

http://www.independe...he-7166379.html

The first indications that George Osborne's deficit reduction timetable is slipping could come this week with the release of the official public borrowing figures for January.

Some economic analysts forecast that the public sector net borrowing statistics for last month, due on Tuesday, will show a fall in tax revenues on similar levels to a year ago. Philip Shaw of Investec said: "We think it's likely the figures will be less good than in January last year."

January is normally a bumper month for tax revenue, as thefigures are boosted by self-assessment income tax returns, plus capital gains and corporation tax payments. In January 2011, the ONS registered a surplus of 5.1bn.

Tax revenues in the month were 59bn, 10bn higher than the next best month of the fiscal year. Investec are forecasting a fiscal surplus for the Government this January of 4.7bn a worsening of around 500m on the position of a year earlier.

If only consumers would borrow more money to boost the economy the govt could have higher tax revenues which would enable it to borrow more money and boost the economy.

I think thats how it works to boost the economy and get Britain growing again...

It will be interesting to see how close to this forecast the actual figures are...

Proof that Brown had repeated IMF / OECD / BIS warnings over house prices and did nothing!!!
Looting: The Economic Underworld Of Bankruptcy For Profit
The exponential growth of debt and the unsustainability of debt
The logic of HPI @ 10% YoY means your £100k house would be worth £1.38bn in 100 years
Paying down my mortgage with money found on the street

It's time to sue the Bank of England / Federal Reserve for GROSS NEGLIGENCE
If DEBT is the problem REPAYMENT is the solution or you default

"The trouble with the world was that prices were so low that only the rich people could buy and the aim of the Conference was to raise them to a point where it would again be possible for poor people to buy something."

"Northern unemployment is an acceptable price to pay for curbing southern inflation" Eddie George former Governor of the Bank of England

New digest on the credit crisis and economy Part2 Part 3

smaller.jpg

#2 danlee74

danlee74

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

Will be interesting ... Forex Factory forecasting 8.9bn surplus - http://www.forexfact...php#chart=40403 - I don't know which "experts" these two camps use to produce their forecast but they seem to disagree on quite a large scale?!!

Or alternatively I am looking at the wrong thing (entirely possible!) :) .

#3 frederico

frederico

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:57 PM

forex sounds right to me, don't forget the rise in retail sales, all that lovely VAT
Latest news, 5000 jobs to be created transferred to ASDA, the new high tech, knowledge based economy is powering ahead.

McDonald's says it will create 2,500 new jobs across the UK this year, taking its workforce to 90,000

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users