18 replies to this topic

#16 oracle

oracle

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:16 PM

Seconded. Tony Benn as one of the key supporters of the formation of British Leyland did more than anyone else to screw up the car industry in this country. And lets not forget that this great champion of the miners closed a large number of pits while Energy Secretary. After the miners strike had ended he tried to introduce a bill to pardon all the miners arrested during the strike period, including the two charmers who dropped a concrete block onto the taxi driver, David Wilkie.

When Argentina invaded the Falklands he didn't support an invasion to get them back, but wanted the UN to deal with it. Military dictatorships aren't known for doing what the UN says...

A legend indeed.

british leyland might have worked if it wasn't so polarised between sweatshop-owning masters and commie trade unions.
a bit of sensible dialogue would have sufficed.

ie factory owner says...OK, here's the deal...we are losing market share because quite frankly our cars are getting a reputation for being unreliable and the engineering is better on the continent...I'll make you a deal.
...improve your quality/reliability and get us a 20% improvement on our present sales/profitability(with repeat business),
I'll give employees a blanket 20% profit share-not an annual pay rise..because the market can and will fluctuate..but a performance related incentive.(or you can mix and match that 20% with some better working practices...in fact if you choose that route the company will match that percentage as it will aid us as well as you.

that means if you fail, you do not get any sweeties.end of.
we work together, we will both benefit but there are no free lunches.

Edited by oracle, 15 March 2014 - 07:18 PM.

you take the blue pill...you fall asleep...you wake up in your bed tomorrow and believe what you want to believe

you take the red pill...you stay in wonderland...and I show you how deep the Rabbit-hole goes.

#17 NaRvIcK DeViL

NaRvIcK DeViL

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:35 AM

:mellow: There are only 2 types of people "There are Wealth generators and Wealth owners"

TonyBenn

#18 iamnumerate

iamnumerate

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:19 AM

Commissar Benn would probably be trying to shut down the internet like he shut down pirate radio.

Very true - I hope none of his fans listen to commercial radio, if they do they are hypocrites.
I and many others do not think the benefits system should be changed because of the Daily Mail. We think it because we see the system being abused by people we know. The single mums we know who have a nicer house than we can afford, the martial arts student we know who is too ill to work but can train martial arts to a very high standard twice a week etc.
It is annoying seeing people like this but it does overcome reading the Guardian for 15 years (I stopped a couple of years after I met the second single mum with a nicer house than me). Sadly for some people reality never overcomes the Guardian/Independent/etc.

More people (from either immigration or something else) + no more houses = housing crisis

I like babies and I like most immigrants. However I would not want the government to pay people to have 10 babies nor pay immigrants to come here.

I don't have any problems with immigrants who are not criminals, parasites or fascists (that includes people who support Sharia) coming here

Many people think that Islam is a religion of tolerance. What did Mo say :-
"If anyone changes his religion kill him" - very tolerant.
<a href="http://en.wikipedia....stasy_in_Islam" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia....sy_in_Islam</a>
A very good post I saw the other day on global warming :-
"With the big freeze on it is of course a good time to talk about global warming.

In particular I want to criticise an idea that is promoted mostly by people with who I agree 90% of the time- that global warming is a 'scam', a 'hoax' or a 'con' or whatever. It is possible that global warming is an incorrect theory, however the idea that thousands of scientists are colluding to trick the public and politicians is absurd. It requires a conspiracy that is in size equal to the one posited by the 9/11 truthers, involving a vast number of people to keep the secret."
<a href="http://fountain.blog...l-warming.html" target="_blank">http://fountain.blog...arming.html</a>

If you want the UK to govern itself vote UKIP if you want unelected EU commisioners to rule the UK - you have lots of parties to vote for.

#19 Hail the Tripod

Hail the Tripod

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:43 AM

George Osborne is seemingly unable to shake off G i d e o n just because it sounds a bit posher, but Tony Benn never gets referred to as Viscount Anthony Neil Wedgwood Benn. Self-righteous, over-privileged idiots the pair of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users