House Price Crash Forum

Silver Bullet For Cancer: Metal Can Kill Some Tumours Better Than Chemotherapy With Fewer Side Effects

HOLA441

Silver can kill some cancers as effectively as chemotherapy and with potentially fewer side effects, new research claims.

Scientists say that old wives tales about the precious metal being a ‘silver bullet’ to beat the Big C could be true.

The metal already has a wide range of medicinal uses and is a common antiseptic, antibiotic and means of purifying water in the third world.

article-2095610-0E19122A00000578-289_468x286.jpg

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2095610/Silver-bullet-cancer-Metal-kill-tumours-better-chemotherapy-fewer-effects.html#ixzz1lRNqOxXk

HOLA442

The suggestion is that bacteria is found in some or all cancers and may be the trigger.

This DM reader comment suggests that researchers have known this for years:

Ten years ago or so, American researchers using silver sol (collidal silver) claimed having achieved a 98% reduction of leukaemia cells in vivo, within a 24 hour period. Cancer cells are either destroyed or simply return to normal cells in the presence of silver ions.

HOLA443
HOLA444
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

There is certainly a possibility of that, but it is more likely that the rates of cancer reflect the fact that in the last century, we grew food on land that was thoroughly "pooed" on by animals; every year, horses pulled the ploughs and pooed on everything as they worked. This replaced the minerals in the soil but the increasing population and the rise of artificial fertilisers debased the soil until we started importing wheat from the USA, where the huge plains were just starting to be worked in the 1950's. The levels of Selenium (a very good anti-cancer preventative) for example, were much much higher there, than the wheat in the UK. It is not an accident that the general health of the UK population suddenly went up during the fifties. Higher disposable incomes also helped, of course.

I have been told that recently the Selenium levels in US wheat are now dropping as the soil is denuded of minerals even over there. I am afraid that the only practical answer, although it's not ideal, is to take supplements. To prevent cancer, take Selenium, Vitamin E, Vitamin D (at least 3000 IU per day), and silver. All of these nutrients are well-known to prevent cancer, but you won't see this much in the MSM, as Big Pharma would prefer you paid £3000 for chemo drugs instead....

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I haven't really got an opinion on the silver situation at the minute but I know a lot of people are promoting it as a cure all.

That aside, with regards to the vit d. It has to be vitamin d3 (not d2 which is synthetic) but you can overdose on it when you take it in tablet form so it's always good to have 3 monthly blood tests just in case.

You can't overdose on vit d3 if absorbed through sunlight. So sitting out for 20 minutes a day at noon in the summer (without protection) will recharge your stores and is cheaper.

I don't have any bullion to lick so may suck on a spoon!

HOLA4412

That aside, with regards to the vit d. It has to be vitamin d3 (not d2 which is synthetic) but you can overdose on it when you take it in tablet form so it's always good to have 3 monthly blood tests just in case.

You can't overdose on vit d3 if absorbed through sunlight. So sitting out for 20 minutes a day at noon in the summer (without protection) will recharge your stores and is cheaper

Thanks for that, quite correct D3 is the version that works, I should have added that to the comment. You can easily take up to 10000 IU per day, the toxicity is greatly over-exaggerated by Big Pharma to try and keep doses down to a pharmacologically-ineffective level. The studies that have been done in India indicate even 15000 IU is fine if you are suffering from flu/colds etc. The wife and I take 5000 IU every day, and I am still not sure this is really enough in some individuals.

+1 on the UVB lamps or sunlight. The best way to get it, really. The website I looked at, gave a rate of manufacture around 50000 IU per hour, with (as you say) no possibility of overdose.

HOLA4413

It is quite difficult to overdose on it, but you know what some folk are like - they go a bit bonkers!

My levels were at 17 and after taking between about 3,000/6000mg a day (not iu) and they went up to about 120 in 3 months.

Think our figures on sunlight exposure are about the same. They say about 20000 per 20 minutes depending on skin tone.

Another thing to remember is that if your magnesium levels are low you can't convert d3. Interesting fact since magnesium was normally absorbed from hard water sources and these days we tend to purify and soften water. Could be one reason why there are still people living in sunny climes that get a lot of exposure to sunlight but still have a d3 deficiency?