3 replies to this topic

#1 man o' the year

man o' the year

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:36 AM

We occasionally have people stay with us (our hotel) for a night or two when dates for moving out/moving in don't coincide but this one was different.
The purchasers of a nearby property needed a few days as they had moved out of their own home hastily, at thier vendors request, as they had brought forward exchange because the vendors of their new property had asked for a new mortgage and could not obtain one after their fix had run its course.
Thing is the purchasers were "too nice" to ask for any price reduction in order to accommodate the vendors. I dont think I would have been so kind!
Closer than you think!

This species has amused itself to debt.

#2 tim123

tim123

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:24 PM

We occasionally have people stay with us (our hotel) for a night or two when dates for moving out/moving in don't coincide but this one was different.
The purchasers of a nearby property needed a few days as they had moved out of their own home hastily, at thier vendors request, as they had brought forward exchange because the vendors of their new property had asked for a new mortgage and could not obtain one after their fix had run its course.
Thing is the purchasers were "too nice" to ask for any price reduction in order to accommodate the vendors. I dont think I would have been so kind!

you seem to have vendors and purchasors mixed up.

why would someone move out of a house early at their vemdors (which much be of the house they are buying) request?

tim

#3 man o' the year

man o' the year

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:32 PM

I gather the exchange has been brought forward by 1 month which the purchasers of said house agreed to at the vendors request.
I guess they are just keen to move on and their own sale was for cash and had an equally keen purchaser.
Sorry if I did not explain clearly.
Closer than you think!

This species has amused itself to debt.

#4 tim123

tim123

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,739 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:06 PM

I gather the exchange has been brought forward by 1 month which the purchasers of said house agreed to at the vendors request.
I guess they are just keen to move on and their own sale was for cash and had an equally keen purchaser.
Sorry if I did not explain clearly.

But you still haven't explained.

The problem is you made the point that they should have asked for a discount for being so nice.

But if it was the house that they are selling which completed early, why would they want to discsount the price.

tim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users