House Price Crash Forum

My Rubber Has Come Off - How Do I Get It Back On?

The Masked Tulip

HOLA441

The rubber end thingy grip on my mountain bike handlebar is coming off - it has been sliding off for several years and has now almost come off completely.

When I try to slide it back on it is very tight and I can't push it on completely - I assume my pulling on it over the years has been slowly yanking it off.

So, how do I manage to get it back on? Is it a case of getting it off completely, heating it up in some hot water to loosen/lube it and then slide it back on?

How many sexual innuendoes did I get into this post?

I was going to post a photo but I fear I might post the wrong image :o

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

dont head the rubber up, it will shrink, just get some good lube , cover the bare metal handle bar and the inside of the rubber with ha generous helping of lube and push.

you can buy new grips for less than £10 though

Ah, interesting, I assumed heating the rubber would have made it more flexible allowing me to get it on and then, as it cooled, it would shrink fit nice and tight.

New grips for less than £10 - you really haven't got the HPC tin foil hat and baked bean thing right have you? TEN POUNDS!!! :lol:

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Steal the girlfriend's.

You just need to get it nice and wet inside, so you can get it on, and then apparently it will get all sticky after a bit.

I'll get my coat.

Well, I needed to know that as I was trying to figure out how the liquid soap would not result in it constantly sliding off?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

It's a mens' saddle. The slot is designed to prevent pressure on the perineum, which is thought to be a possible cause of impotence amongst cyclists.

You're supposed to keep up the smut and suggest another use for a hole. Perhaps one consistent with getting the leg over ;):P

[edit to add] On a serious note, bike saddles are one thing where the difference between the sexes really matters. A woman on a man's saddle will feel very uncomfortable, and vice versa. Even within saddles for your own sex, it's important to get the right one.

HOLA4425

You're supposed to keep up the smut and suggest another use for a hole. Perhaps one consistent with getting the leg over ;):P

[edit to add] On a serious note, bike saddles are one thing where the difference between the sexes really matters. A woman on a man's saddle will feel very uncomfortable, and vice versa. Even within saddles for your own sex, it's important to get the right one.

Yep, personally I find the ones that are too well upholstered are best avoided.

Nice and firm is best all round when it comes to getting your leg over.

(hopefully that heads off my imminent expulsion from the Sid James Appreciation Society.)

Archived