Photo

Put An Offer In Today, One Other Interested Party And I Didn't Even Match Their Opening Offer!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 trickydicky79

trickydicky79

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:49 PM

I can’t explain that, other than EA’s are salespeople and, as such, employ all the usual sales tactics and spin. But the vast majority would stop short of outright lies and certainly inventing mythical buyers.

Just remember, the seller ultimately holds all the cards, they set the price and agree any offer. If they’re stubborn or bordering on delusional there’s nothing you or any EA can do.

Out of curiosity, what is the EA telling you around the time you view? Have you ever put in an offer?

#17 trickydicky79

trickydicky79

HPC Newbie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:54 PM

Note, above post in reply to RichB @3.22pm

#18 Bruce Banner

Bruce Banner

Targ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,709 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:32 PM

I can’t explain that, other than EA’s are salespeople and, as such, employ all the usual sales tactics and spin. But the vast majority would stop short of outright lies and certainly inventing mythical buyers.

Just remember, the seller ultimately holds all the cards, they set the price and agree any offer. If they’re stubborn or bordering on delusional there’s nothing you or any EA can do.

Out of curiosity, what is the EA telling you around the time you view? Have you ever put in an offer?

Paragraph 1........ :lol: :lol:

Paragraph 2........ :rolleyes:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lest there be any doubt.

No I believe prices will fall and am astounded that a so called Conservative led government could act in such a stupid way. As you can see from today, there are 2,000 HtB applicants and it has been on MSM none stop all day and they make up about 3.5% of a typical months mortgages.

BTL is a good potential way to bankruptcy and yes sometimes I make points to hopefully make people think.

#19 guitarman001

guitarman001

HPC Guru

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,908 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:41 AM

This is the evis of offers over. Seen it in Edinburgh many times... I once almost bought a flat... valued at £125k... eventually went for something like £145k....

#20 DabHand

DabHand

HPC Senior Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,291 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:28 PM

Its not about commission its about MAKING A SALE.

You forget that you will always get offers (derisory or otherwise) on a property but the ultimately decider of a sale is if the SELLER accepts.

The EA plays buyers off against each-other or against phantom buyers to squeeze out as much as possible, increasing the chance that the seller says SELL. Some have noted the increase in commission is not worth it, correct - what the EA is trying to avoid is a no-sale, which is what happens if he only gets low ball/realistic offers.
'In order to stop men with guns stealing 50% of your income, you must give 50% of your income to men with guns'

Financial Innovation = Obfuscation of fraudulent practices.

"A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul." George Bernard Shaw

How can Britain compete internationally when the expense of a worker includes the astronomical cost of housing them?

#21 KingBingo

KingBingo

HPC Senior Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,120 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

I can’t explain that, other than EA’s are salespeople and, as such, employ all the usual sales tactics and spin. But the vast majority would stop short of outright lies

Not feeling it
The truth is that the economies of rich countries, including the UK, are being kept alive by another and astonishingly under-reported bull market — in government debt. This is the bond bubble; and when it bursts, as it surely will, the result will be a recession far deeper than the crash from which we are trying to recover.

Allister Heath
17 September 2011

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users