House Price Crash Forum

Ron Paul

switters

HOLA441
  • Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

With moving videos like this, I think anyone will be impressed.

"I'm an imperfect messenger, but the message is perfect" Ron Paul

You might also enjoy this - a video which probably sums up the entire Ron Paul platform in 4 minutes. Its probably one of the most powerful and inspirational political videos for a candidate I have ever seen!

HOLA443
HOLA444

What about Jon huntsman? Don't shoot me down bit the only two things I've read about him are 1) he didn't contest Iowa because he isn't popular with backwoodsmen and 2) he wants to break up the banks.

Is he potentially credible alternative to mitt and Barack?

Or is he another nutjob?

He's also that one who thinks that Evolution and Global Warming are realities, so his chances of getting the Republican nomination are pretty minimal.

HOLA445

He's also that one who thinks that Evolution and Global Warming are realities, so his chances of getting the Republican nomination are pretty minimal.

I like Ron Paul's economic and foriegn policy viewpoint. I can't recall ever voting for a politician over their policy on evolution. Is there going to be a minister for it?

As for climate change/nee global warming..... Show me a government that has ever been able to manipulate the weather and I'll join the movement.

HOLA446

As for climate change/nee global warming..... Show me a government that has ever been able to manipulate the weather and I'll join the movement.

Manipulating the weather has been doable (and done) for quite a while now, the US military does it and the Chinese too, but weather and climate aren't the same thing.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Operation_Popeye

http://agriculturedefensecoalition.org/?q=weather-modifications

http://globalresearch.ca/articles/haarpecologist.pdf

and China:

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2009-11/chinas-weather-manipulation-brings-crippling-snowstorm-beijing

http://www.universetoday.com/16728/the-chinese-weather-manipulation-missile-olympics/

HOLA447

Looks like Ron Paul may be closing the gap on Romney in New Hampshire. Latest poll has Romney on 35%, Paul on 20% with the supposed alternatives to Romney touted by the media (Gingrich and Sanitorium) below 10%.

On this poll - a daily tracker - Paul has cut Romney's lead from 22% to 15% in just one day. At that rate they will be even by Tuesday - well in theory!!

he who counteth the votes, controlleth the outcome

HOLA448

I know him and family quite well (not directly, but through work) and from what I know he's a genuinely good guy, clever hard working and honest.

Therefore he's got a cat-in-hell's-chance

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
Guest UK Debt Slave

Interesting how they are so desperate to deflect attention away from Ron Paul onto Santorum and now Huntsman isn't it?

Santorum was nowhere just 2 weeks ago. Just before the Iowa Caucus, money and media airtime flooded into Santorum's campaign.

They know Santorum's support will probably dry up because he doesn't have the organisation and backup to sustain his campaign in the later primaries so now they are mitigating this by starting to plug Huntsman too.

I reckon it's all a done deal and the decision to give Romney the Republican ticket was made ages ago. Then it's the mainstream media's job to "make it happen."

I reckon this is the last time the US mainstream media will be able to manipulate public opinion in a presidential election so forcefully. Shame Ron Paul will be too old to do it all again in 2016. I reckon he would have a pretty good chance by then, especially since the US economy isn't going to make any kind of strong, long term recovery with the existing political status quo in charge.

HOLA4414
Guest UK Debt Slave

Slightly missed it, but what were the newsletters about and did he manage to defend himself ok?

Does he really not believe in evolution?

The newsletters appeared over 20 years ago and contained inflammatory statements about blacks and jews.

A lot of people think they were written by Lew Rockwell.

I don't know what his position on evolution is. I don't care since Ron Paul wouldn't allow his personal religious beliefs to interfere with politics. He is strongly against abortion (he has delivered over 4000 babies as an MD) but again, he believes regulation of abortion should not be mandated by federal government.

HOLA4415

My old palaeontology professor didn't. Well, not in the way you might understand it

Obviously a delicate matter if you're employed to teach that particular theory but I'm not sure that it would be a day to day issue for a US President

I've asked this question on a previous thread but are you concerned if David Cameron believes in Dark Matter or not? Or if he believes in ghosts?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Slightly missed it, but what were the newsletters about and did he manage to defend himself ok?

I saw him interviewed about this and he said that he didn't believe or disbelieve in evolution. He just said that there was insufficient evidence to convince him either way or some such.

HOLA4418

Ron Paul was polling 2nd in the upcoming New Hampshire but due to the mainstream media pumping their flavor of the moment (Jon Huntsman) it looks like he could come 3rd, or even 4th...

I think the media has pumped about 6 candidates now, Cain, Bachmann, Perry, Gingrich, Santorum, now Huntsman... and they all fall over after scrutiny. It's simply to keep the spotlight off Paul. The ticket was probably promised a long time ago, to Mitt Romney. It's impressive how much power the media has, and just how stupid most Americans must be to not be able to see this circus playing out in-front of them, even if they don't like Ron Paul.

Of course, they will be looking for another candidate to pump & dump soon after NH...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFXXAuDK1Ao

HOLA4419

Anecdotally, I noticed that the Beeb website has a new article on the Republican primaries, so I decided to count how many times the different candidates are mentioned...

• Mitt Romney: 20
  • Newt Gingrich: 9
  • Rick Santorum: 6
  • Jon Huntsman: 5
  • Ron Paul: 4
  • Rick Perry: 3

Also, Ron Paul is the only contender who does not get a "Candidate X did this..." mention. I'm not going to grab my TFH yet, but it is a little... odd.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Stunning moment.

Adds to Ron Paul's correct assertion of Newt Gingrich's hypocrisy over receiving payment of huge sums of money from Freddie and/or Fannie.

This election is the closest thing to a HPCer vs the corrupt establishment so far. Brilliant.

Spot on again from Dr Paul

Romney never served either - he has five sons all of an age where they could have served in Afghanistan and Iraq. Yet there he is spouting off about how we need to send troops back to Iraq, more to Kabul and for all we know war against Iran. His response is that his sons are serving their country by helping out on his campaign - yes working on his campaign is like fighting on the front line!?.

Yes - chickenhawks is the right term for Gingrich and Romney. Willing to send other people's kids - usually from poor backgrounds - to fight the wars they voted for but aren't willing to go themselves or send their own kids. They are just despicable and contemptible!

Lets hope the libertarian vote sorts itself out - at the moment Huntsman plus Pauls vote in many polls is at or close to Romney's support in New Hampshire. Why waste time on Hunstman (who the media are now pushing over Paul at every opportunity) - only Paul can beat Romney in NH!

Also in the latest national CBS Presidential poll Paul is level pegging with Obama on a head to head (45-46) - similar to Romney (47-45). Yet Sanitorium/Gingrich and Perry - would lose to Obama by up to 8 per cent. Who says Ron Paul is unelectable!

HOLA4423

Interesting how they are so desperate to deflect attention away from Ron Paul onto Santorum and now Huntsman isn't it?

Santorum was nowhere just 2 weeks ago. Just before the Iowa Caucus, money and media airtime flooded into Santorum's campaign.

They know Santorum's support will probably dry up because he doesn't have the organisation and backup to sustain his campaign in the later primaries so now they are mitigating this by starting to plug Huntsman too.

I reckon it's all a done deal and the decision to give Romney the Republican ticket was made ages ago. Then it's the mainstream media's job to "make it happen."

I reckon this is the last time the US mainstream media will be able to manipulate public opinion in a presidential election so forcefully. Shame Ron Paul will be too old to do it all again in 2016. I reckon he would have a pretty good chance by then, especially since the US economy isn't going to make any kind of strong, long term recovery with the existing political status quo in charge.

Here is a prime example of the lets pretend Ron Paul doesn't exist approach- you wouldn't realise that the poll shows Romney on 35%, Paul on 20% and Hunstman/Gingrich way back on 13 and 11%. Gingrich is up 1% and he is 'ticking up'!

' Romney Continues to Slip in the Suffolk Poll, Huntsman and Gingrich Tick Up'

http://2012newhampshireprimary.com/romney-continues-slip-suffolk-poll-huntsman-gingrich-tick/

HOLA4424

Anecdotally, I noticed that the Beeb website has a new article on the Republican primaries, so I decided to count how many times the different candidates are mentioned...

• Mitt Romney: 20

• Newt Gingrich: 9

• Rick Santorum: 6

• Jon Huntsman: 5

• Ron Paul: 4

• Rick Perry: 3

Also, Ron Paul is the only contender who does not get a "Candidate X did this..." mention. I'm not going to grab my TFH yet, but it is a little... odd.

Mentally Did the same on the sunday times article, about the same ratio.

This is all the more blatent, since Ron Paul is the only interesting candidate

HOLA4425

Archived