The Masked Tulip

Black Friday?

21 posts in this topic

Worth a shot - lol!

Even as I type some evil hedge funds and banks are sat in a global teleconference making the final preparations to kills the stock markets, sell off their stocks and profit from shorting on the last trading day before Christmas 2011.

Muahahahahaha!

Well, it is Christmas!

There's no logic to it, so if messes up a few traders christmas's then so be be it.

The have already messed up our futures (and our childrens, probably our grandchildren and so on), So why should we care?

Well, I thought I would throw it out there... In reality, it is a half day, most will not even turn up for work and... there is no one to sell to....

But I am working on my Hollywood screenplay... ;)

Maybe it would be a much more entertaining finale if the people reponsible for the situation were actually punished, rather than offering knighthoods?

Wait until the end of the season of good will, when everyone reverts to type.

They have done their temporary Yuletide commercial trip experience which justifies being complete ***** for the rest of the year. - Zizek abridged

Human nature hey.

Ho Bloody Ho

Not a chance the traders will be ramping as much as their rich arses will let them so the bonus pool is artificially inflated , its been a successful ploy every year but 1 out of the last 10, January may be a different ball game altogether,

Well, I thought I would throw it out there... In reality, it is a half day, most will not even turn up for work and... there is no one to sell to....

But I am working on my Hollywood screenplay... ;)

Should have gone for 'Black Half Day'.

Shit won't kick off before Christmas, shuuuuurly?

Having said that, if I was a hedge/megatrader and wanted to to do a big deal then this time of year must be a good time. People in a false sense of security and then just make that...megatrade/spread rumour/do what they do...or something.

Maybe that's not how it works. Hmm.

England has some funny store names. I was going to write a long story about it.

Blacks definitely tops the list of store names that bear no resemblance to what the heck it does (Boots being the biggest mindfeck of them all).

England has some funny store names. I was going to write a long story about it.

Blacks definitely tops the list of store names that bear no resemblance to what the heck it does (Boots being the biggest mindfeck of them all).

Owner names and place names are very common...

Halifax, Barclays, Boots....

Boots was established in 1849, by John Boot.

In fact how many are descriptive of their actual function and how quickly would they go out of date....Carphone Warehouse anyone?

Good call TMT - up by 0.98% so far, considerably less than the usual rise when someone calls "Black x"

Good call TMT - up by 0.98% so far, considerably less than the usual rise when someone calls "Black x"

LOL! Well, Blacks is what I really meant! :lol:

The traders where I work are working late. The London market closes early but the european ones dont. They're half expecting something to happen once the London market is closed.

Exact words about leaving early: "... but it depends on what happens with europe, if it all kicks off we'll be here longer".

Owner names and place names are very common...

Halifax, Barclays, Boots....

In fact how many are descriptive of their actual function and how quickly would they go out of date....Carphone Warehouse anyone?

Yes, you can't go wrong with a family name. In fact two, even better.

A shop like 'Truscott & Gieves' could sell anything . . . hats, knitting patterns, blunderbuss accessories or seaweed supplement. Much more versatile than 'Algae'R'Us'.

Coincidentally, I was reading the other day about how people stopped buying Saxby's frozen pastry when it changed to Jus-Rol.