OnlyMe

Rail Fares To Rise By 5.9% From January

66 posts in this topic

...let the train take the strain. ;)

...let the train drivers take your cash !!!

I got a travel card from Northampton to London at the weekend...1 day return to London + tube basically....with a network railcard was about 19.75....that means the full fare would be about £30 quid...that's for a short train journey into london and back.

They need to be dropping that by 50% not putting it up by 6%.

This country is a joke.

C'mon we haven't had anyone say HYPERINFLATION for ages.

We got petrol at 1.40p Litre, Car insurance going up, VAT up, Council tax, has no where to go but up, food up. Things you can't go without UP. Things you don't need are DOWN. All that matters to YOU, YOU sitting there on that chair in FRONT of this screen, is things YOU MUST BUY. MUST.

Net, net are you worse off? Probably, even you cut right back to zero things you don't need, and cutting back on things you must have.

Someone said renting on average is £1400 PCM? Bonkers.

asda.jpg

Edited by Money Spinner

In my dream, nobody had any money to get to work and, instead, decided to stay in bed cos 'it weren't worth the hassle'. It was a crazy dream.

Makes my freedom pass even more valuable. :lol:

Use it while you can - they are already talking about means testing them.

After all, we're all in it together ;)

In my dream, nobody had any money to get to work and, instead, decided to stay in bed cos 'it weren't worth the hassle'. It was a crazy dream.

...for many out there, it is no dream it is life.....priced out of living the 'right way', so they now do it the only way. ;)

...let the train take the strain. ;)

Wanna feel the strain

Then go by train

Edited by Patfig

Wanna feel the strain

Then go by train

Train drivers in Portugal not getting paid at all this December. Ouch!

In the recession deflation proof South, 1 bed flat is £525, A studio £400. High, but it hasn't gone down, maybe a little over 5 years in real terms.

Try Googling "LSL BBC rent"

Their figure is currently £717.

Which, frankly, is far more believable than 1400 quid :lol:

Edited by SeeYouNextTuesday

I heard this on R2 this morning. The avg increase will be 5.9%. It seems that certain tickets, such as some off peak services and season tickets will only rise by inflation + 1%...which...erm makes the increase > 5.9%

You couldn't make it up!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I heard this on R2 this morning. The avg increase will be 5.9%. It seems that certain tickets, such as some off peak services and season tickets will only rise by inflation + 1%...which...erm makes the increase > 5.9%

You couldn't make it up!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

...simple really they are saying we don't want people to use the train.......not a problem for those who don't live near a station. ;)

...simple really they are saying we don't want people to use the train.......not a problem for those who don't live near a station. ;)

This is sadly what it comes down to.

Even many non-commuter services are running at or near capacity. Decades of a combination of mal-investment / no-investment have led to lack of infrastructure, lack of rolling stock, and a crazy system for managing the whole thing like something out of Kafka.

The problem is, there will be no escape from the price rises. The alternative for many is the car, and the price of motoring is rising at a similar level, at the same time.

Megabus anyone? :unsure:

This is sadly what it comes down to.

Even many non-commuter services are running at or near capacity. Decades of a combination of mal-investment / no-investment have led to lack of infrastructure, lack of rolling stock, and a crazy system for managing the whole thing like something out of Kafka.

The problem is, there will be no escape from the price rises. The alternative for many is the car, and the price of motoring is rising at a similar level, at the same time.

....hop on aboard for your fortnightly travel into town....plenty of storage space...door to door service. ;)

Scooters. Almost free to tax. 80mpg+. Cheap to buy, store and insure.

I'm flying to Munich for £8 in January . . .

I'm flying to Munich for £8 in January . . .

If you could fly from the home counties to central London, you might be onto something... ;)