Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
europbaron

How Do You Clear Unread Notification Status?

4 posts in this topic

As per title, I have an unread notification. I cannot see any place to clear this notification, although the conversation it refers to has been read and is finished.

How do I get rid of it?

Is it a case of:

Click on the red notification link (upper right corner of screen)

Tick the box at the right of the conversation(s)

Scroll down and select "Go" next to the delete option. Or change delete to "mark as read" in the drop down menu.

[quote name=''Bart'' timestamp='1322825530' post='3197064']
Is it a case of:

Click on the red notification link (upper right corner of screen)

Tick the box at the right of the conversation(s)

Scroll down and select "Go" next to the delete option. Or change delete to "mark as read" in the drop down menu.
[/quote]

Thanks. Have tried all that. The conversation is now deleted and not showing in messenger but the unread message notification is still there.

This looks like a forum bug.

[quote name='doccyboy' timestamp='1323005015' post='3198862']
Try going to My settings. Click on Notifications Options. and try ticking the "disable personal messages" save this at the bottom of the page.

The re-enable the option and save at the bottom of the page and see if this clears it.
[/quote]

Thanks. That didn't work though while in those pages I saw the options for personal notifications, which allowed me to clear it. I probably misunderstood what Bart suggested, as there was no red notifaction link (using classic skin) and clicking on the notification itself took me to the conversation rather than the notification.

Thanks to you both. It had been there for ages and was really starting to annoy me. :o