House Price Crash Forum

No Interest In Egg Savings Account

HOLA441

Hi,

I opened an Egg savings account in July 2010 with one of those bonus rates for 12 months. Put a chunk of my house buying fund in there and left it.

Just logged on today to see how much interest I have and to get my tax statement of interest paid, how much tax paid and.... nothing. The account is not showing a single penny in interest and 0.00 in the tax statement.

I have seen people post about problems with Egg in the past and it looks now as if I am in the same mess.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

TMT.

HOLA442

Hi,

I opened an Egg savings account in July 2010 with one of those bonus rates for 12 months. Put a chunk of my house buying fund in there and left it.

Just logged on today to see how much interest I have and to get my tax statement of interest paid, how much tax paid and.... nothing. The account is not showing a single penny in interest and 0.00 in the tax statement.

I have seen people post about problems with Egg in the past and it looks now as if I am in the same mess.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

TMT.

Presumably you've checked the account you funded it from - not had the interest paid there rather than into the account itself? (Doesn't explain the tax cert of course)

HOLA443

Hi,

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

TMT.

That's not a....cracking....return, is it, more of a bad yolk.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA444

It's common for fixed-rate deals to pay little or no interest once the fixed-rate period expires..

Personally my Egg savings account is earning 1.25% (you can check your current rate once you log in to your account on the website, it's prominently displayed).

Edited by Little Professor

HOLA445
HOLA446

Why don't you just call Egg and ask them to explain it?

Unfortunately you really need to keep an eye on them and review savings accounts annually, especially when there's been a rate with a 1 year bonus. I've used Egg and ended up with it all over my face... It may be 3% then a half when the bonus has expired.

HOLA447
HOLA448
  • 4 weeks later...
HOLA449

I've kept £150 in an Egg savings account for about 3 years (been with them for more than a decade). Before that I used to have a large sum on deposit but moved almost all of it when their rates stopped being competitive. I didn't want to close the account in case their rates improved again. I had a letter from Egg a couple of months ago basically telling me to take my business elsewhere. The reverse side of the letter was a form authorising the closure of my account and telling them where I'd like the £150 transferred to. Of course I was only too happy to oblige.

Edited by Orsino