MumblesisNuts

HOLA441
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

LMAO! I am lost for words - well, nothing that is printable.

this is not a one off ...there are estates full of them..... mixed in with 3 and 4 beds around the vale

If you drive a smart car into the garage ...you would have to get out via the boot hatch ....too narrow to open the doors .....

Edited by Tankus

HOLA444

this is not a one off ...there are estates full of them..... mixed in with 3 and 4 beds around the vale

If you drive a smart car into the garage ...you would have to get out via the boot hatch ....too narrow to open the doors .....

So what does that tell you? It tells me that the housing madness went completely nuts in Wales... and that the madness is far from over...

HOLA445

Some crazy prices out there.

Question for MT.

Have you had a look at the properties on sale by Fresh? They seem to be taking on a few instructions and I just wanted to know if it was obvious or not that they used to be high up the ladder at Dawsons? :o

Is this price really for location or size of property inside and out? 4 Promenade Terrace, Mumbles, SA3 4DS

Edited by SwanseaPropertyAgents

HOLA446

Some crazy prices out there.

Question for MT.

Have you had a look at the properties on sale by Fresh? They seem to be taking on a few instructions and I just wanted to know if it was obvious or not that they used to be high up the ladder at Dawsons? :o

Is this price really for location or size of property inside and out? 4 Promenade Terrace, Mumbles, SA3 4DS

I don't really notice Fresh at all to be frank. I haven't noticed them in the Property Post or on any of the property websites - meaning they do not stand out to me. I think they had a 'For Sale' sign up outside a house in Sketty Road when I walked past last week? I could be wrong.

They have a light blue and green board don't they - if I am correct it does not grab the attention. It was the same with Ashley Jones - his pale green boards just did not stand out at all IMPO as there was no sharp contrast there and, in Summer, how do you notice a green board amongst loads of greenery in gardens?

The purple boards of Simpsons stand out as do the John Francis ones as they use dark blue and read which is a contrast in itself. There is an EA who uses pink boards but I tend not to look at them as they remind me of the luminous pink paper you often see students stick up in windows.

But no, to answer your question, Fresh do not stand out to me and I would have no idea who or what is behind them as an organisation. Ah, right - that is the green and pale blue I was thinking of on their website.

305K and you get an avocado bathroom - nice.

I think the asking price is just because it is Mumbles and IMPO so many people are delusional still about asking prices. Yes, it has a wonderful sea view and somewhere to park a car as long as no one else blocks you in.

Otherwise, I would find it awful living there - you have loads of traffic and noise outside your house. In Summer loads of people sit outside there eating fish and chips, smoking and leaving rubbish strewn around the place. One end of the road becomes almost impassable due to double parking. No, I would not want to live there but I guess people will try it on for the asking price and see what happens - didn't it go SSTC a few months back and then come back on the market?

Ah no - it was this one a door or so away that is on with Simpsons that came back available.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-19651032.html?backListLink=%2Fproperty-for-sale%2Fmap.html%3FlocationIdentifier%3DUSERDEFINEDAREA%255E%257B%2522polylines%2522%253A%2522upwyHlqjWiJhZeFcGbEmUjKfB%2522%257D%26includeSSTC%3Dtrue%26_includeSSTC%3Don%23_includeSSTC%3Don%26auction%3Dfalse%26includeSSTC%3Dtrue%26locationIdentifier%3DUSERDEFINEDAREA%255E%257B%2522polylines%2522%253A%2522upwyHlqjWiJhZeFcGbEmUjKfB%2522%257D%26previousSearchLocation%3DUntitled%2520%28Drawn%2520Area%29%26radius%3D0.0%26searchLocation%3DUntitled%2520%28Drawn%2520Area%29%26searchType%3DSALE%26useLocationIdentifier%3Dfalse%26box%3D-4.00061%2C-3.98611%2C51.56923%2C51.57668%26popupPropertyId%3D19651032%26mapType%3DMap&fromMap=true

HOLA447

Amazing what near the coast does to prices ..........!

that slim one I posted is on at £137K at Llantwit major ......bit more inland, near to bridgend and its £109K ...exactly the same design

think if I lived in the gower it would be a street or two back from the front ...up on the hill for a bit of a view but without the hass and traffic

Edited by Tankus

HOLA448

Amazing what near the coast does to prices ..........!

that slim one I posted is on at £137K at Llantwit major ......bit more inland, near to bridgend and its £109K ...exactly the same design

think if I lived in the gower it would be a street or two back from the front ...up on the hill for a bit of a view but without the hass and traffic

I lived in a house with stunning sea views over the bay - spend a fortune stopping the windows from rotting in the wind and rain and gales. Every Summer was a massive repair job just to protect from the previous winter - if you skipped a Summer's work you knew about it in the Winter.

Then there was that constant rumble from the Mumbles Road - you can't sit in your garden and relax because that rumble is constant. Same at night.

I have viewed quite a few of the 'posh houses' in places like Derwen Fawr Road, Cherry Grove, Gabalfa Avenue and other roads around there. Dependent upon which house you are in some are quiet but others have that constant rumble - lots of people don't stop and consider it.

What I mean is, you are paying a premium to be close to the sea but you are also paying to be within ear-shot of that Mumbles Road rumble. Why?

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

You want to compare these 2 4 bedroom houses in the same cul-de-sac - Dysgwylfa, Sketty.

This one came on for 340K with Simpsons back in June and went SSTC before coming back available today.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30521287.html

This one came on for 260K about 6 weeks ago and went SSTC within days.

http://www.homesonview.co.uk/Scripts/FullDetails.aspx?CID=DAWSSKET&AID=DAWSSKET&PID=DEP02455

I wonder if the people who made the offer on the 340K one decided to pull out and buy the 260K one?

Edited by The Masked Tulip

HOLA4412

ok maybe i am going soft! but it is a nice quiet road, nice garden with some views and well fitted (so far as you can tell from the pics) so does "tick the boxes".I think about 380-400 is fair.

But you could get so much more for 380-400 so why would you buy that?

HOLA4413

You want to compare these 2 4 bedroom houses in the same cul-de-sac - Dysgwylfa, Sketty.

This one came on for 340K with Simpsons back in June and went SSTC before coming back available today.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30521287.html

This one came on for 260K about 6 weeks ago and went SSTC within days.

http://www.homesonview.co.uk/Scripts/FullDetails.aspx?CID=DAWSSKET&AID=DAWSSKET&PID=DEP02455

I wonder if the people who made the offer on the 340K one decided to pull out and buy the 260K one?

Never ceases to amaze me how some vendors think their house must be worth so much more than their neighbours despite hard evidence to the contrary. Couple of examples, take this one:- http://www.findaproperty.com/displayprop.aspx?edid=00&salerent=0&pid=10248469

475k for 3 bed terraced on heneage drive west x!!!!

Now i actually viewed this 5 bed detached with double garage in heneage drive http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=21046019&sale=23296779&country=england

so this clown thinks his 3 bed terrace is worth 75k more than a 5 bed detached on the same f..king rd!!! total insanity!!!

Also viewed this 3/4 bed detached on rotherslade rd, decent size huge garden, 2 mins from beach, needed a little work....maybe 25 k to make it tip top.

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/property/19-rotherslade-road/langland/swansea/sa3-4qw/20564535

went for 360k

his next door neighbours however think their houses are worth rather more!

http://www.findaproperty.com/displayprop.aspx?edid=00&salerent=0&pid=8531926

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30104326.html

HOLA4414

Never ceases to amaze me how some vendors think their house must be worth so much more than their neighbours despite hard evidence to the contrary. Couple of examples, take this one:- http://www.findaproperty.com/displayprop.aspx?edid=00&salerent=0&pid=10248469

475k for 3 bed terraced on heneage drive west x!!!!

Now i actually viewed this 5 bed detached with double garage in heneage drive http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=21046019&sale=23296779&country=england

so this clown thinks his 3 bed terrace is worth 75k more than a 5 bed detached on the same f..king rd!!! total insanity!!!

Also viewed this 3/4 bed detached on rotherslade rd, decent size huge garden, 2 mins from beach, needed a little work....maybe 25 k to make it tip top.

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/property/19-rotherslade-road/langland/swansea/sa3-4qw/20564535

went for 360k

his next door neighbours however think their houses are worth rather more!

http://www.findaproperty.com/displayprop.aspx?edid=00&salerent=0&pid=8531926

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30104326.html

And the 5 bed detached went for 25K LESS than it was bought for.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

What is Cockett like? Too far out?

I see lots of houses marketed as being in Sketty, when I actually look at a map they are in Cockett not Sketty :angry:

Yes, that is a good trick isn't it - Cockett is a fair distance from Sketty. The car drive is a good 10 minutes and the walk obviously longer.

I have good friends who live in Cockett and they have good happy lives - you can pick up a lovely 3 bed semi for about 120K if you haggle. There were some lovely ones for sale there last Summer but they all got snapped up.

Lots of places get advertised as Sketty now - Cockett is one, Tycoch is another, parts of Uplands.

I personally would go for Killay over Cockett because Killay is more of a suburb feel whereas Cockett has two main busy roads cutting right through it and dividing it. You have the big Tesco and M&S, etc, nearby but most people I know in Cockett avoid it and prefer to drive to Parc Trostre in Llanelli for shopping. Killay, on the other hand, has two Co-Ops and lots of small shops so you can shop more locally. Plus you have that bike track through Clyne Woods that gets you to the Mumbles Road in 10 minutes, but 20 minutes coming back up it. LOL.

Good real ale pubs in Killay also - 2.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Interesting re Rotherslade Road.A couple of houses have been on for a very long time.Is there some problem with that road???? At one stage nearly all of it was up for sale not so long ago.

As you go down the road to the beach on the left hand side, behind the houses, there is a large area of land. Everyone says that it is too steep to build on. However, the land is now open for invites by the Council from anyone who has any ideas on how to develop it.

The plot of land that the Council is referring to is quite thin and narrow at the top of Rotherslade Road but it quickly widens up as you go down the hill and then the plot goes 'left' towards Limeslade where it not only widens considerably but also flattens out a fair bit.

Some of those houses on Langland Road, with currently stunning sea views, may find themselves with buildings in front of them in the coming years?

HOLA4419

Yes, that is a good trick isn't it - Cockett is a fair distance from Sketty. The car drive is a good 10 minutes and the walk obviously longer.

I have good friends who live in Cockett and they have good happy lives - you can pick up a lovely 3 bed semi for about 120K if you haggle. There were some lovely ones for sale there last Summer but they all got snapped up.

Lots of places get advertised as Sketty now - Cockett is one, Tycoch is another, parts of Uplands.

I personally would go for Killay over Cockett because Killay is more of a suburb feel whereas Cockett has two main busy roads cutting right through it and dividing it. You have the big Tesco and M&S, etc, nearby but most people I know in Cockett avoid it and prefer to drive to Parc Trostre in Llanelli for shopping. Killay, on the other hand, has two Co-Ops and lots of small shops so you can shop more locally. Plus you have that bike track through Clyne Woods that gets you to the Mumbles Road in 10 minutes, but 20 minutes coming back up it. LOL.

Good real ale pubs in Killay also - 2.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Yeah, the bike trail is a plus in Killay, I've been to one of those real ale pubs on the cycle route, cracking pint.

But, I dont think Killay is for me, thought it was sort of bland, boring and uninspiring. I dont know what I would do there :o

Yes, it is bland, boring and uninspiring. Lots of unhappy dull couples with their 2.4 children living unhappy lives.

Someone, who lives in Killay, once told me that there were lots of affairs and even an active swinging community in the area... but perhaps you could say that about lots of dull, boring and bland areas.

Don't dismiss it out of hand though, in the past year I have noticed a different kind of person moving to Killay. I think some 'interesting' people have been priced out of Sketty, Mumbles and elsewhere are now choosing Killay as a place to be.

Failing that, you and your hubby could always join the local swingers.

HOLA4422

Interesting re Rotherslade Road.A couple of houses have been on for a very long time.Is there some problem with that road???? At one stage nearly all of it was up for sale not so long ago.

Nothing wrong with Rotherslade rd- a cracking spot, just that most of the asking prices are mental. When a resonably priced house comes on the market (i.e. the one for 360k), its sold within a few weeks. If however, you over price your house fby 150-200k, you are never gonna sell it in this decade.

HOLA4423

Cockett is a strange place to market.

Many people living in Townhill actually say that they live in Cockett and many of those living in Cockett say that they live in Sketty or Tycoch :o

The only problems I've seen with Cockett is that many people think that their properties are Sketty values and there is a lot of Japanese knotweed around. It is a busy area with regards to the main roads, so getting on and off the roads to your property is sometimes an issue.

It is a nice place to live if you are not bothered about living so close to Townhill. Many people would not live there because of that.

I've also noticed many people in Uplands now say that their property is in Sketty or Ffynone. Uplands is now just regarded as a student area and that's it.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425