Photo
- - - - -

Why Has The Website Been Down Most Of The Weekend ?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 jaynewcastle

jaynewcastle

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:33 PM

?

#2 Errol

Errol

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,890 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:34 PM

Black helicopters ... FEMA ... government agency ... alien conspiracy ...

Want to get paid for polls? Try YouGov

#3 'Bart'

'Bart'

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,421 posts
  • About Me:Mad as hell

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:39 PM

The answer is here

http://twitter.com/#!/fubranoc

(Something to do with vClusters it seems.)

#4 Frank Hovis

Frank Hovis

4 warning points

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:41 PM

Not the lizard people then :(
High house prices - wrecking economies worldwide since 2003

#5 200p

200p

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,750 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:46 PM

Glitch in the Maxtrix....crop circles....1984....wikileaks....unmarked MI5 Skodas...

untitled.PNG

#6 jaynewcastle

jaynewcastle

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:48 PM

Something to do with a vcluster apparently, whatever one of those is ??

#7 Scunnered

Scunnered

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,784 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:51 PM

The answer is here

http://twitter.com/#!/fubranoc

(Something to do with vClusters it seems.)

Not the lizard people then :(

Aren't you paying attention? vClusters : VClusters

http://en.wikipedia....1984_TV_series)

V (also known as V: The Series) is a one-hour weekly television series that aired in the United States on NBC in 1984-85. It was a continuation of the science fiction franchise about an alien invasion of Earth by a carnivorous race of reptilians known as "The Visitors"

Open your eyes!
A man, a map, a canal. Anacapamanama!

#8 interestrateripoff

interestrateripoff

Carry on banking.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,008 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 07:53 PM

http://www.fubra.com...ly-5-days-left/

Why clustered hosting?

Clustered hosting has many benefits:

Load is spread across numerous servers, reducing the reliance one machine, and avoiding bottlenecks.
Your site will be spread across all parts of vCluster, so if one server goes down, the remaining servers will continue to host your site and keep it live.
Different processes can be separated. We use a separate layer of servers for serving scripts to static content like images, which enables us to control resource use and guarantee performance of php scripts with dedicated resources.
The nature of clustered hosting enables us to scale our super computer to meet any demands on capacity instantly. Experience no drops in performance when they receive a visitor spike, we simply add more servers to meet the new demands.

vclusters not working as expected?

Proof that Brown had repeated IMF / OECD / BIS warnings over house prices and did nothing!!!
Looting: The Economic Underworld Of Bankruptcy For Profit
The exponential growth of debt and the unsustainability of debt
The logic of HPI @ 10% YoY means your £100k house would be worth £1.38bn in 100 years
Paying down my mortgage with money found on the street

It's time to sue the Bank of England / Federal Reserve for GROSS NEGLIGENCE
If DEBT is the problem REPAYMENT is the solution or you default

"The trouble with the world was that prices were so low that only the rich people could buy and the aim of the Conference was to raise them to a point where it would again be possible for poor people to buy something."

"Northern unemployment is an acceptable price to pay for curbing southern inflation" Eddie George former Governor of the Bank of England

New digest on the credit crisis and economy Part2 Part 3

smaller.jpg

#9 Gigantic Purple Slug

Gigantic Purple Slug

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,080 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:06 PM

vclusters. It sounds painful

Durch, have you been vaccinated against those ?

#10 Frank Hovis

Frank Hovis

4 warning points

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,005 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:07 PM

Aren't you paying attention? vClusters : VClusters

http://en.wikipedia....1984_TV_series)

Open your eyes!

AAARRRGGGGHHHHH RUN AWAY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxJi-si5FRY
High house prices - wrecking economies worldwide since 2003

#11 council dweller

council dweller

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,392 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:10 PM

.....I went over to the otherside (mumsnet), I even signed up for it! I dressed up in some of my wife's clothes (It's okay she's in Japan for 3 weeks) and settled down..

OMFG. Some woman was going on about being stared at while breast feeding on a train, the bloke got off and she was worrying about whether or not she should have said something!

I was lucky to escape with only a torn dress.

Edited by council dweller, 30 October 2011 - 08:23 PM.

Don't breed or buy while cats and dogs die. (sticker seen on back of van on M25)

'Materialism and ego fragment our world into opposing factions and make us lose sight of the whole. Find balance, transcend the demands of the ego, see beyond the materialistic values which trap us in cycles of competition and scarcity.' (Tao de ching)

'I hold three treasures close to my heart: the first is love, the next is simplicity, the third, overcoming the ego.' (more Chinese mumbo jumbo)

It's time for a revolution that will put an end to self-serving governments and the likes of Blair , Brown and Thatcher. (barebear)

#12 council dweller

council dweller

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,392 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:34 PM

You were warned to shave off your beard and wax your legs before you went over. But did you listen...........

Yes, went round with me Braun (face,pits,legs and pubes) but it made no difference.
Don't breed or buy while cats and dogs die. (sticker seen on back of van on M25)

'Materialism and ego fragment our world into opposing factions and make us lose sight of the whole. Find balance, transcend the demands of the ego, see beyond the materialistic values which trap us in cycles of competition and scarcity.' (Tao de ching)

'I hold three treasures close to my heart: the first is love, the next is simplicity, the third, overcoming the ego.' (more Chinese mumbo jumbo)

It's time for a revolution that will put an end to self-serving governments and the likes of Blair , Brown and Thatcher. (barebear)

#13 council dweller

council dweller

HPC Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,392 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:47 PM

Did you use the wife's antiperspirant? They may have sniffed you out.

Jap women don't sweat.....so no.

I've got a great user name though, they'd never guess that I've got a bit extra...

#14 yellerkat

yellerkat

Meh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:48 PM

Going back down again:

fubranoc Sorry for the extended inconvenience this evening, but we are going to have to take the new NFS server back down to tune some settings. about a minute ago

Posted Image

#15 wonderpup

wonderpup

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,904 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:11 AM

OMFG. Some woman was going on about being stared at while breast feeding on a train, the bloke got off and she was worrying about whether or not she should have said something!

I think she should have said something- I mean babies ok- but a full grown man is going a bit far- was he hungry or what?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users