HOLA441
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Fiscal integration and reforms in the periphary countires to improve their economies would be nice.

Sure, PIIGS will fly :D

But the first step would be a bigger bail out fund and to sure up the banks

Already ruled out by German opposition and constitutional court, I'm afraid.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Sure, PIIGS will fly :D

Already ruled out by German opposition and constitutional court, I'm afraid.

Hehe, yeh you could be right. I just need a bounce in the next few days, so any speculation that something could be happening is good for me and then I will sell out and take what I hope to be profits :D

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

This crash is just a (very) healthy correction in the bull Market to shake out the weak hands.

Either the world as we know it has to change (good thing but not what TPTB want) or they will print on a scale that cannot yet even be imagined

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Sometimes the market runs out of sellers.

when it is very bearish and everyone expects it to go down and would therefore have positioned themselves accordingly, ie sold, ie run out of sellers

Hence why markets go up when everyone expects them to go down is bearish and down when everyone expects them to go up, is bullish. Simple logic/physics as to why the majority is always wrong, they have to be but very few ever learn the logic behind the markets and go with emotion instead nearly always ending up on the wrong side of the equation and you are still liable to get spanked even if you follow the logic correctly because trends can be shockingly strong until that point of exhaustion of buyers/sellers

Edited by Tamara De Lempicka

HOLA4417

Graham's philosophy was to buy stocks that were undervalued so it is definitely a long terms approach, not speculation. His main assessment was that the market would go through phases in which it would buy at any price (the time to sell) or sell at any price (during phases of extreme fear, the time to buy). He used to make very thorough assessments of companies' values by analysing their books to death, something that is impossible today (Enron accounting) so he had a fair idea of companies' intrinsic values.

I deal a lot with options for hedging and speculation but unfortunately I still have a lot to learn. IIUC the VIX is derived from the at the money - near month option premiums, so it's a supply - demand driven measure.

Thats my problem with stocks right now. A lot of big name companies appear to be attractive buys. But we've seen a number of companies come out years later and say, actually we accidently overreported our profits for years. Like these banks reporting big profits, then weeks later needing a bailout, and investors lose terrible amounts of money.

I am back to 'private capitalism'. I only will consider investing in things that I have a controlling interest in, or with friends that I trust. I don't think our society today has the integrity to practice large scale public capitalism. Where you can trust your money and ownership to other people to manage it in your best interests.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Thats my problem with stocks right now. A lot of big name companies appear to be attractive buys. But we've seen a number of companies come out years later and say, actually we accidently overreported our profits for years. Like these banks reporting big profits, then weeks later needing a bailout, and investors lose terrible amounts of money.

I am back to 'private capitalism'. I only will consider investing in things that I have a controlling interest in, or with friends that I trust. I don't think our society today has the integrity to practice large scale public capitalism. Where you can trust your money and ownership to other people to manage it in your best interests.

That is the way I feeel about the system. I have no doubt that the success of the banksters in achieving their goal of getting other people to pay for their extortion has only encouraged the rest fo the market to participate in fleecing the flock (as can be seen from executive pay). A few short years of doing so guarantees a secure returement with almost no chance of being caught out and brought to book. Moral hazard - something that the politicos and their central bank sidekicks talk of but understand or care little about.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

3.5% now, what did it fall yesterday, 3.3? so is that a break even for the 2 days, except the individuals onlyme points at make a few hundred million out of the turmoil?!

i dont think my S&S ISA is enjoying this at all!

my pacific tracker minus Japan died on its ****!