Si1

Ed Balls Is Going To Go For Leadership Of The Labour Party - I Reckon - Within Next Few Years

34 posts in this topic

He's everywhere, and i dislike him, but Ed Milliband is terrible and I reckon Balls may have him by the balls soon...

when i read your post I just went cold as though someone had walked on my grave and pissed all over it. What an awful thought

I don't really care any more. I have half a mind to think ****** it and let them go for it, I'm far more prepared for whatever bag of shit they can drop us in than I am for trying to catch up with the people 10-15 years older than me.

[quote name='Si1' timestamp='1316037428' post='3118345']
He's everywhere, and i dislike him, but Ed Milliband is terrible and I reckon Balls may have him by the balls soon...
[/quote]
He'll be aiming to time his leadership for when he reckons Labour will have a chance. He didn't want it last time, just to mark out his place as a contender.

In a perverse way I almost like Milibrown. He's kind-of a blank sheet.

No ..its more basic than that

[QUOTE]In what will be cold comfort for Osborne, his Labour party counterpart Ed Balls is also facing months of uncertainty over his own seat, which is facing substantial alterations to accommodate the reduction in MPs. The Shadow Chancellor can expect to have to fight his Labour colleague Hillary Benn for the proposed new seat of Leeds South West and Morley.[/QUOTE]
[url]http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2011/09/12/boundary-changes-bring-wo_n_958653.html[/url]
[QUOTE]He won the Morley and Outwood constituency in West Yorkshire with 18,365 votes, with Tory challenger Antony Calvert polling 17,264. Mr Balls was defending a majority of more than 8,000.[/QUOTE]reduced to a 1100.... Benn however has a majority of 10645......could be fun !

Its all about political survival .....Mcbride will be back in business methinks

I am sure he will go for the leadership 1 year before the next GE. And he will win and become the UK's next PM.

I have nightmares about this. It reminds me of the time before the rise of Berlusconi when I were a lad down in North Italy.

/shudders.

[quote name='interestrateripoff' timestamp='1316070848' post='3118538']
Balls is a chameleon and will say what ever reassuring words are necessary. He'll be far worse than Brown and that takes some doing.
[/quote]

I do wish that we had a chance to vote for someone who wasn't actually evil, or Nick Clegg. It's like 'Vote for Shub-Niggurath and be devoured by her thousand black offspring', or 'Vote for Yog-Sothoth and be ritually sacrificed at midnight' , or 'Vote for Nick Clegg'. Technically democratic, yes, but you'd really wand a non-evil alternative, just for balance's sake.

Within a few years? A few months more like.

When he does topple Milliband, it will be a big indicator that the Coalition has passed their usefulness, and another election is looming.

The worm is turning, and tptb are turning their backs on austerity.

I thought sitting tight in the basement with a years supply of beans was the way to go, now I reckon only fleeing is the best policy for survival.

[quote name='PopGun' timestamp='1316076282' post='3118619']

When he does topple Milliband, it will be a big indicator that the Coalition has passed their usefulness, and another election is looming.

I thought sitting tight in the basement with a years supply of beans was the way to go, now I reckon only fleeing is the best policy for survival.
[/quote]

Unfortunately, due to austerity, the Mars colonisation project has been postponed.. so where do you plan to flee to?

[quote name='fluffy666' timestamp='1316077438' post='3118638']
Unfortunately, due to austerity, the Mars colonisation project has been postponed.. so where do you plan to flee to?
[/quote]

Looks like I'll have to revise down my expectations and settle for the moon then.

[quote name='Bruce Banner' timestamp='1316078603' post='3118664']
I know there are some stupid people, but voting for Ed Balls is beyond the pale.
[/quote]

Was Blair any worse?

You're also forgetting that for 80% of the electorate, voting is a complete waste of time.

[quote name='PopGun' timestamp='1316080582' post='3118699']
Was Blair any worse?

You're also forgetting that for 80% of the electorate, voting is a complete waste of time.
[/quote]

Actually, Blair was the worst of the lot because he was electable and opened the door for all the other rodents.

[quote name='PopGun' timestamp='1316076282' post='3118619']

[/quote]

Balls may win a snap election at the bottom of the economic dip, but i doubt the coalition will call one

as for 2015, I can see Balls being pretty toxic to the electorate, how much tho, remains to be seen - I really can't see middle england voting for him

[quote name='Bob for the Fed' timestamp='1316081681' post='3118716']
Amen to that.The reality is that these guys only have to be popualr with swing voters in about 100-150 constituencies,about [b]600,000+[/b].Why else have we been led by such a bunch of ...............
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it's less than that. Wasn't the 2005 election decided by only 180,000 swing votes?! Edited by PopGun

Don't forget the other Miliband. The deal is that Ed will keep the seat warm for a while and hand it over to his more electable brother at the right moment.

[quote name='PopGun' timestamp='1316093335' post='3118940']
I'm pretty sure it's less than that. Wasn't the 2005 election decided by only 180,000 swing votes?!
[/quote]

Yes.

We did have a chance to change this, but for some reason there was a massive stampede of VIs against it...

Latest betting Next Labour Leader

Victor Chandler:

Yvette Cooper
11/4
David Miliband
5/1
Chuka Umanna
8/1
Ed Balls
8/1
Andy Burnham
14/1