• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443

Shiny rising nicely this morning.

I can't help feeling that them buying gold right now as an "investment" are going to loose their shirts. Them that bought 4 years ago will be making a fortune.

Might as well spank all your money on plasma teles, 4x4's and trips to torremolinos then live off the state.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Could be an interesting day/week.

8:31 a.m. FTSE down 1.6% already....looks like it dropped off a cliff when the stock market opened.

It's still over 5000. Looking at the 10 year chart the buy time looks to be on approach to 3500. More QE will no doubt keep it well away from there :angry:

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

It's still over 5000. Looking at the 10 year chart the buy time looks to be on approach to 3500. More QE will no doubt keep it well away from there :angry:

One of the interesting things to come out of Darling's memoirs yesterday was that Mervynn King allegedly backed the Tory view during the 2008/09 crisis saying that there was no money left to do QE.

Where does that leave Merv now? The Tories are now in power and supposedly against QE. He himself was allegedly against QE so it would be a massive U-turn for both Cameron and King to go down the QE route. How would either justify it? How would King explain where the money comes from now if it was supposedly not there a few years ago?

HOLA4412

I can't help feeling that them buying gold right now as an "investment" are going to loose their shirts. Them that bought 4 years ago will be making a fortune.

Yes the early adopters will be the big winners as when it tops out their seed money will have multiplied the most.

1oz of Gold buys a fine suit, always has, always will. Gold is simply a way to preserve ones suit buying power :lol:

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Might as well spank all your money on plasma teles, 4x4's and trips to torremolinos then live off the state.

If only I had taken this sensible option years ago, rather than the stupidity of Prudence. Who would have thought personal responsibility could go so tragically wrong.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

One of the interesting things to come out of Darling's memoirs yesterday was that Mervynn King allegedly backed the Tory view during the 2008/09 crisis saying that there was no money left to do QE.

Where does that leave Merv now? The Tories are now in power and supposedly against QE. He himself was allegedly against QE so it would be a massive U-turn for both Cameron and King to go down the QE route. How would either justify it? How would King explain where the money comes from now if it was supposedly not there a few years ago?

TMT,

As QE is printing brand new money out of thin air for free, how could there ever not be enough money to do it?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

I was under the impression they claimed to be against it in their pre-election mode but once they were in power Osborne welcomed the idea? IMHO I think events will happen that will force then to print to save something, hard to say what but lots of things are rigged to blow right now. If they print to simply spur growth or save the stock market then we really are doomed...

HOLA4419

Yes, this is going to be interesting:

top 3 losers !!!!

Royal Bank of Scotland Group

-6.96 %

Barclays

-6.78 %

Lloyds Banking Group

-4.21 %

An 'expert' on the Today programme's 6.15am business news slot was talking about the impending lawsuit against British banks in the US. He opined that if the case goes anywhere, HBOS and Lloyds/TSB could probably weather the storm, but that RBS would be buggered without an additional taxpayer bailout. It would be interesting for Anglo-American relations, to say the least, if the government decided to let RBS sink under such circumstances.

HOLA4420

I was under the impression they claimed to be against it in their pre-election mode but once they were in power Osborne welcomed the idea? IMHO I think events will happen that will force then to print to save something, hard to say what but lots of things are rigged to blow right now. If they print to simply spur growth or save the stock market then we really are doomed...

I just wonder why they can't print and spend it on infrastructure projects.. any particular reason other than the banks must be allowed first dibs?

HOLA4421

An 'expert' on the Today programme's 6.15am business news slot was talking about the impending lawsuit against British banks in the US. He opined that if the case goes anywhere, HBOS and Lloyds/TSB could probably weather the storm, but that RBS would be buggered without an additional taxpayer bailout. It would be interesting for Anglo-American relations, to say the least, if the government decided to let RBS sink under such circumstances.

Yep, I think RBS/UK Plc are on the line for $44bn if they lose :o

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425