House Price Crash Forum

Black Monday

killerbee

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

A compromise deal will be reached on Sunday (today)

Monday will be a global bonanza for the equities markets. All major indices up 2%+

Gold/Silver will drop 2-3%

Maybe by Tuesday the bond markets and ratings agencies will start to price in the inevitable QE3 and then markets resume their slide.

My 2p's worth.

Jim

HOLA446
HOLA447

Monday will be a global bonanza for the equities markets. All major indices up 2%+

Maybe by Tuesday the bond markets and ratings agencies will start to price in the inevitable QE3 and then markets resume their slide.

My 2p's worth. late

Jim

Agree...but they are leaving it rather late.

What if they dont reach agreement.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

So I'm not the only one who thinks this - 10K in BV waiting.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

The US will raise the debt ceiling. It is an absolute given.

If they don't they won't be able to pay pensions and social security and they know that that will result in riots and social upgeaval like has never been seen before.

Why are they putting on this show at the moment?

Is it just political grandstanding or are they trying to cover up some other bad news?

Is this little show to make European debt look 'relatively' safer? It's already pushing down UK gilts.

HOLA4413

My experience of investing, suggests that the markets do the exact opposite to expectations.

If America gets down graded, then there may be a rally, because the markets feel the global debt issue is coming to a head.

Just a thought.....I'm usually wrong!!

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

If they don't they won't be able to pay pensions and social security and they know that that will result in riots and social upgeaval like has never been seen before.

Why are they putting on this show at the moment?

Is it just political grandstanding or are they trying to cover up some other bad news?

Is this little show to make European debt look 'relatively' safer? It's already pushing down UK gilts.

Agreed...it's just a boooolllocky show for the rest of the World to watch. They want to present the image that they are going to do something about the problem....which they're not.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Agreed...it's just a boooolllocky show for the rest of the World to watch. They want to present the image that they are going to do something about the problem....which they're not.

Neither party have any intention of dealing with the problem and no intention of balancing their economy - all that they are interested in is the timing and duration of the budget exapansion which will determine which party has the most to gain/lose at the next election, that is the only thing that it being argued about, they know full well they can both hide/disguise the cuts that will go together with any budget expansion, as those are all guff to appease buyers of US debt.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

I don't see a problem, they could pay thier debts with the 8,000 tons of gold they have sitting around doing nothing.

HOLA4425