House Price Crash Forum

Gold strategy in the current economy

HOLA441
HOLA442
21 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

No. The hilarious thing is, you're so lacking in self awareness that you don't even realise what is says about you repeatedly posting in to the gold thread desperately attempting to brag (like anyone cares) after GOLD (finally) gets back to nominal ATHs after 13 YEARSS (sucks to be you about that inflation though). 👏👏👏👏

It's hilarious.

They don't realise that their lumps of coloured lead have been on death row since the invention of the internet.

There's now a new, better gold, fit for the Information Age.

They've backed a three-legged nag all the way to the knackers' yard... 

Edited by RodCrosby

HOLA443
10 minutes ago, RodCrosby said:

It's hilarious.

They don't realise that their lumps of coloured lead have been on death row since the invention of the internet.

There's now a new, better gold, fit for the Information Age.

They've backed a three-legged nag all the way to the knackers' yard... 

More goading I see. Let me know when central banks start buying bitcoin. Ta.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
12 hours ago, dannyf said:

I don’t agree. For a medium to long term investment horizon (i.e younger people), you are better off holding higher risk but higher growth assets, and volatility can be very beneficial because it allows you to accumulate more during dips.

In my opinion what you said only makes sense if you already accumulated a lot and want to protect it over the longer term. E.g. you inherited a lot, or want to leave what you earned to your kids etc.

Perhaps our contexts are different. In an ordinary world I would likely have a different opinion, but the world is going to shit and it seems deliberate. I'm of the view we're facing a new Bretton Woods with the advent of CBDCs... the world, especially the financial world - is going to look very different moving forward. Volatility absolutely can be your friend, if the volatility works on a timescale that suits, however people typically buy high and sell low... a sad reality. As the old adage states, the markets can remain irrational longer than you can stay solvent. 

I suspect we disagree on the lifespan of BTC. My view is it won't exist as it does today in a few years, perhaps sooner. It's absolutely in the cross hairs of TPTB. My view is it will be attacked when the time is nigh... and whilst they might not kill it... it will likely be mortally injured. Gold isn't risk free either, BUT... it is stocked by the central banks, plus they're accumulating it whilst denigrating it. That's a good sign IMHO. Watch what they do and don't listen to what they say. My 18 year old asked me about investing today. I told him to own some BTC, some gold and some shares. I won't advise him to own much BTC, because it's just so risky at this late stage IMO. Time will tell.

HOLA447
2 hours ago, warpig said:

Perhaps our contexts are different. In an ordinary world I would likely have a different opinion, but the world is going to shit and it seems deliberate. I'm of the view we're facing a new Bretton Woods with the advent of CBDCs... the world, especially the financial world - is going to look very different moving forward. Volatility absolutely can be your friend, if the volatility works on a timescale that suits, however people typically buy high and sell low... a sad reality. As the old adage states, the markets can remain irrational longer than you can stay solvent. 

I suspect we disagree on the lifespan of BTC. My view is it won't exist as it does today in a few years, perhaps sooner. It's absolutely in the cross hairs of TPTB. My view is it will be attacked when the time is nigh... and whilst they might not kill it... it will likely be mortally injured. Gold isn't risk free either, BUT... it is stocked by the central banks, plus they're accumulating it whilst denigrating it. That's a good sign IMHO. Watch what they do and don't listen to what they say. My 18 year old asked me about investing today. I told him to own some BTC, some gold and some shares. I won't advise him to own much BTC, because it's just so risky at this late stage IMO. Time will tell.

I think it’s a fair strategy to hold gold as insurance in case of the scenarios you expect - world going to shit, Bretton woods etc.

I just don’t think that means it’s good for long term investing or that slow and steady wins the race.

I’d disagree that most people buy high and sell low over a long term investment timeline. Most people invest a fixed amount through their pension, or in an additional account on a regular basis such as monthly, and so over the long term will pick up more units on dips in price (volatility).

I was talking only about long term investing in gold vs stocks. I think it’s worth holding some gold, but I wouldn’t overdo it over a long timeframe because slow and steady simply won’t keep up.

Bitcoin is another topic but I’ll leave that to the other thread 

HOLA448
On 3/21/2024 at 6:38 AM, nero120 said:

Didn't I tell you to get back in your hole?? No one gives a sh1t what you think fool.

Well thank you. I was just taking the time to congratulate you on holding GOLD for over 13 years to reach it's new ATH. I definetly wished I'd listened to the great visionaries like yourself and Peter Schiff all those years ago. I'd probably be breaking even now, so no need to be so salty bruh. 🤷‍♂️

temp-Image-Hml-Om-O.avif

HOLA449
HOLA4410
On 3/22/2024 at 12:33 AM, warpig said:

I suspect we disagree on the lifespan of BTC. My view is it won't exist as it does today in a few years, perhaps sooner. It's absolutely in the cross hairs of TPTB.

LMFAO I suggest you go cope. 

You really are just a disingenuous GOLD shill. So just what do you imagine that TPTB will ban Bitcoin (it's uncensorable if you didn't realise) just after TPTB approved all Bitcoin ETF's. Oh yes maybe they will ban Bitcoin because it is the best performing asset of the last 15 years. Can't let the plebs own some easy to buy and handle assets.

First gold ETF took 2 years to hit $10B, this Bitcoin ETF did it in 2 months 

Mar 4, 202405:58 GMT

BlackRock’s iShares Bitcoin Trust (IBIT) has crossed $10 billion in assets under management (AUM) in just over seven weeks — a figure that took the first U.S. gold-backed ETF more than two years to achieve. 

As of March 1, BlackRock’s Bitcoin ETF reached $10 billion in AUM — around 39 trading days since launch.

On the other hand, the United States’ first gold ETF — SPDR Gold Shares (GLD) — took more than two years to do the same following its launch in 2004, according to the Zero Hedge finance blog.

https://www.tradingview.com/news/cointelegraph:8caf8f749094b:0-first-gold-etf-took-2-years-to-hit-10b-this-bitcoin-etf-did-it-in-2-months/

HOLA4411

See, the hilarious thing about these coin 'tards is that the thing they all have that gold owners don't have is... FEAR.

That's what drives their obsessive behaviour: "hodl"ing, attacking those that aren't 1000% committed to the "cause", and especially attacking gold with far more fervour than central bankers or Keynesian economists ever did.

The difference is that coin 'tards are so f-ing thick, so lacking in self awareness that they don't even realise it! For all their faults, you can't say the same about Keynesians, they know exactly why they need to attack gold.

And the source of this fear, though they don't understand why, is that they fear they could wake up one morning to a big fat ZERO on their nonce coin account values (forget all the pretense about "sound money" these people only care about being rich in fiat terms). And this is indeed a very real fear. The degenerate western financial system is in its death throes and what's left standing will be the same thing that it's been for thousands of years: gold.

This primal fear is undeniable, and unstoppable, so they lash out at those around them in desperation. Gold owners know no such fear. We sleep the sleep of the just, knowing that the true value of gold remains constant, like the gravitational constant or other universal truth. The price rising (or falling) is simply a function of the volatility of the value of the fiat it's denominated in. We expect nothing more and nothing less, so we are content and happy.

Coin 'tards will never understand this, so they'll continue to rollercoaster up and down until either they are shaken off or wake up one day to the news that the ride is over. The best part, is that it will make zero difference in the real world, and no one outside of their little cult will even realise what's happened.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
40 minutes ago, canbuywontbuy said:

Why does it have to be one or the other? I hold gold (physical bullion, physical in home, PAXG crypto), silver (bullion), various crypto (select alts), whisky, wine, property, cash in various currencies.  Point being is to diversify asset classes. 

It doesn't, the problem arises because many people don't seem to know the difference between money and a gamble/speculation.

HOLA4414
2 hours ago, nero120 said:

It doesn't, the problem arises because many people don't seem to know the difference between money and a gamble/speculation.

You are so dense/brainwashed that you don’t for one second consider you might be wrong. It’s sad to see.

You are the one who seems scared. Scared that you made a decision to invest in sound money, and then a better one came along and you missed out due to stubbornness.

3 hours ago, canbuywontbuy said:

Why does it have to be one or the other? I hold gold (physical bullion, physical in home, PAXG crypto), silver (bullion), various crypto (select alts), whisky, wine, property, cash in various currencies.  Point being is to diversify asset classes. 

Exactly. Most of us are diversified. Although investing in wine would result in a 100% loss for me.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Just a reminder people that a lot of what you read on the internet is ill-informed, outright lies or fake. If you're getting information from a crypto site, you're likely being fed utter BS. The same goes for Peter Schiff however in regards to gold, the various loony sites, fake youtube videos and spam bot comments with fake likes - same goes for reddit etc. I already know of 2 people who have fallen for the latest fake Amazon crypto scam just in the last 3 days

HOLA4419
1 hour ago, Dreamcasting said:

Just a reminder people that a lot of what you read on the internet is ill-informed, outright lies or fake. If you're getting information from a crypto site, you're likely being fed utter BS. The same goes for Peter Schiff however in regards to gold, the various loony sites, fake youtube videos and spam bot comments with fake likes - same goes for reddit etc. I already know of 2 people who have fallen for the latest fake Amazon crypto scam just in the last 3 days

Just the age old scams appealing to peoples greed. Nothing new under the  sun. 

HOLA4420
2 minutes ago, Blobsy said:

Just the age old scams appealing to peoples greed. Nothing new under the  sun. 

Agreed, but it's a real toxic swamp out there right now. Sadly a lot of the younger folk today are being taken in more frequently as their life seems to heavily revolve around the internet and are unable to critically ascertain what's real and not.

HOLA4421
13 minutes ago, Dreamcasting said:

Agreed, but it's a real toxic swamp out there right now. Sadly a lot of the younger folk today are being taken in more frequently as their life seems to heavily revolve around the internet and are unable to critically ascertain what's real and not.

Seems to be affecting most adults also tbh. The west seems to have an aversion to reality.

HOLA4422
11 minutes ago, Dreamcasting said:

There is also the FOMO & YOLO aspect. The youth see no point in saving or investing in the future in traditional ways as their future has been spaffed away by the previous generations. eg. The only way they might feel they have a chance of owning a home is to gamble in the cryptosphere.

HOLA4423
19 minutes ago, Dreamcasting said:

Nah young folk are eminently prepared to ascertain what's real and what's not. It's old folk, nowadays really old folk that can't do it. People who fall for this stuff are naive and/or blinded by greed and that is all ages.

I posted a link to a news article about the gold miner laughing but it didn't change my investment assessment.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
On 15/03/2024 at 18:24, Data Dave said:

Looking for some favourable price action to enter into another LONG GDX trade. Anyone in anything winning now?

image.thumb.png.603c7f9b341e865cc2c450649395b288.png
We are getting so adorably close. 

“You know you make me want break outtttt”🎤

When most miners report next earnings I think so many will beat earning expectations.