9054 replies to this topic

#2881 Errol

Errol

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:15 PM

We have entered the most favourable era for gold prices in our lifetime, and the share prices of the great mining companies will eventually outperform bullion prices...central banks are printing money and creating liquidity beyond the forecasts of all but the most paranoid goldbugs a year ago

Don Coxe, Strategy Advisor BMO (Bank of Montreal) Financial Group

Want to get paid for polls? Try YouGov

#2882 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,968 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

We have entered the most favourable era for gold prices in our lifetime, and the share prices of the great mining companies will eventually outperform bullion prices...central banks are printing money and creating liquidity beyond the forecasts of all but the most paranoid goldbugs a year ago

Don Coxe, Strategy Advisor BMO (Bank of Montreal) Financial Group

UBS Just Slashed Its Gold Price Target, Cites 'Material Erosion' In QE Expectations

Read more: http://www.businessi...3#ixzz1qVIAgP1K
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#2883 culvers

culvers

HPC Poster

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:36 PM

just picked up a few krugerrands, along with a fair amount of silver maple leafs. Feels good..

At the end of the day i asked myself a simple question - do i think that the printing/qe, bailouts, debts and inflation are going to stop - my answer was no, so i decided to buy.

#2884 Errol

Errol

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,897 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

Very good report on the manipulation of the Gold price - http://www.zerohedge...ce-manipulation

The need for such concerted and blatant manipulation of gold, the arch-nemesis of the current over-leveraged world monetary system, suggests that the integrity of the latter is not just fragile, but arguably fraudulent. Understating the situation, it’s high time to be more than a little “concerned”, if you aren’t already.

Want to get paid for polls? Try YouGov

#2885 hotairmail

hotairmail

Tired of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,841 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

Very good report on the manipulation of the Gold price - http://www.zerohedge...ce-manipulation

The need for such concerted and blatant manipulation of gold, the arch-nemesis of the current over-leveraged world monetary system, suggests that the integrity of the latter is not just fragile, but arguably fraudulent. Understating the situation, it's high time to be more than a little "concerned", if you aren't already.

Do you not think there is quite a lot of manipulation of the oil price going on and that is having a knock on effect?

"The chicken is radiating disorder out into the wider universe."

#2886 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,968 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:14 PM

Do you not think there is quite a lot of manipulation of the oil price going on and that is having a knock on effect?

Watching the gold and silver charts is like watching some mad out of control rollercoaster ride. They have replaced QI repeats on Dave as my main source of entertainment.
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#2887 nixy

nixy

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:29 PM

https://docs.google....t0QQ/edit?pli=1

Quite from Chris Martenson

Instead of asking why do you think the price of gold is controlled? I ask, why do you think the price of gold is NOT controlled?

#2888 roman holiday

roman holiday

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:49 AM

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3MkIMeosHr3SG1UbW9fNlJTdm1hZWYzNnpHc2t0QQ/edit?pli=1

Quite from Chris Martenson

Instead of asking why do you think the price of gold is controlled? I ask, why do you think the price of gold is NOT controlled?

Is that a real question or rhetorical? The price of gold is not controlled/ fixed because of the great experiment in scientific currency based on monetarist theory. Was nice while it lasted.

#2889 nixy

nixy

HPC Veteran

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:26 AM

Is that a real question or rhetorical? The price of gold is not controlled/ fixed because of the great experiment in scientific currency based on monetarist theory. Was nice while it lasted.

Either....or perhaps both?

http://www.chrismart...hats-okay/72892

#2890 Stay Beautiful

Stay Beautiful

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

Either....or perhaps both?

Cheeky

#2891 200p

200p

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,771 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:26 AM

Just seen this - bit cheeky of Fosters

http://www.youtube.c...s?v=yulIts8LPLg

Rich bloke and a aussie. Aussie at the end says "I know your secret, you spent all your money on GOLD!"

untitled.PNG

#2892 Crashman Begins

Crashman Begins

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

Think 1970's oil crisis, and read up on what caused it.

Then pm me and I will explain why since then we have had 30 years of cheap oil .. all pieces of the puzzle will fit together once I tell you what happened.
precious-metal-investment.blogspot.co.uk

BBB @ Dec 5 2004, 05:30 PM: some credit crunch guys....not my idea of a credit crunch......is it yours?
''first this will happen, then this will happen'' you all said..kind of throws all your baloney theories out of the window doesn't it?

They will do anything to avoid suggesting that the size of the pie is not the real problem, it's the way it is sliced.

#2893 Stay Beautiful

Stay Beautiful

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

Give a Gold Bear nothing. Let em rejoice over short term moves and puke over the long term trend.

Mods: Feel free to delete as you did with my last reply on this topic!

#2894 hotairmail

hotairmail

Tired of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,841 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

silver...

http://theshortsideo...ong-silver.html

"The chicken is radiating disorder out into the wider universe."

#2895 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,968 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

silver...

http://theshortsideo...ong-silver.html

His late Dec call on silver proved to be right.

FWIW, Clive Maund came out with a note on Sunday saying much the same thing - although he has been up and down on gold/silver since Dec.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users