SnapCrackleNPop

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:44 AM

Just for SnapCrackleGoldPop

http://www.businessi...500-1000-2012-3

He is not the one complaining about the content being posted.

I object to anyone on here who tries to imply to anyone else they should not post a particular view.

All TMT did was post some info that some people might have found useful. If you don't like it, just ignore it.

Do you object to the above?

I simply asked TMT a question...I expect you found his answer to be very mature.
"We must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt" Thomas Jefferson.

"The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing" Josiah Stamp.

#2837 roman holiday

roman holiday

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:06 AM

Posted Image

That slide is as weird as anything a gold bug has ever produced. :lol:

And the cruelest irony if the US were to be crucified on a strong dollar [or perhaps justice]. They might have to resort to gold, and against the market, in order to devalue.

It took a depression to take the dollar of gold, it might take another one to put it back on. :lol:

Edited by roman holiday, 21 March 2012 - 02:14 AM.

#2838 GinAndPlatonic

GinAndPlatonic

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:08 AM

I'm still really intrigued as to the answer to this question? Any answers yet Errol? We haven't forgotten. :D

One answer could be his regular wages are kept in an account until the dips.......he doesn`t necessarily have to hold a lot of fiat capital..
Jack Palance: "Do you know what the secret of life is? One thing. Just one thing. You stick to that and everything else don't mean shit."
Billy Crystal: "Yeah, but what's that one thing?"
Jack Palance: "That's what you've got to figure out."

#2839 FaFa!

FaFa!

だいてほしいな

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:36 AM

DYOR.

What a feeble, feeble response. Linky, or it didn't happen
Check me out on Youtube -
お願いファーファね!

#2840 The Masked Tulip

The Masked Tulip

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,037 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:44 AM

Do you object to the above?

I simply asked TMT a question...I expect you found his answer to be very mature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l87UV5gYa5s
The success or failure of your deeds does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed. Judge yourself by the intention of your actions and by the strength you faced the challenges that have stood in your way.

The people closest to you have been trying to tell you that you have made a difference. That you did change things for the better. The Universe is vast and we are so small. There is really only one thing that we can ever truly control - whether we are good or evil.

The political triumph of the American Right has been to advance relentlessly the economic interests of the country's richest people, while emphasising a swath of moral, social and foreign policy issues that motivate and certainly distract middle-class and poor voters.

#2841 warpig

warpig

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:53 AM

Go to bis.org or gold.org and look for yourself.

What a feeble, feeble response. Linky, or it didn't happen

#2842 FaFa!

FaFa!

だいてほしいな

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:02 AM

Go to bis.org or gold.org and look for yourself.

Don't be so lazy. Engage in the debate by backing up your assertions with some data.
お願いファーファね!

#2843 Democorruptcy

Democorruptcy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,786 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:24 AM

One answer could be his regular wages are kept in an account until the dips.......he doesn`t necessarily have to hold a lot of fiat capital..

Errol's been advocating buying for ages and talking about currency collapse so I assumed he wouldn't have been saving massive amounts. That's why I asked if he had a house. I wondered if he was going to sell that to "really jump in".

Given his posts it's hard to imagine he has anything other than Gold, hence surprising at this stage he wants it to drop to 600 to "really jump in".

I'm not suggesting he might not be right about gold, I'm merely trying to connect his posts to some sort of holding in gold and not finding it easy. The General is/was another major gold bull but in the end declared he had held a mortgage free house, so not really practising as he preached.

If I see horse tipsters on TV the ones I listen to are the ones who I know put their own money on their selections. Not someone like the Daily Mirror gimp who admits he hardly bets and I suspect when he does his stake is quite low.

Democorruptcy
If you say "Democorruptcy" quickly, it sounds a bit like "Democracy". In a "Democracy" people vote for politicians who represent their interests. In the UK's "Democorruptcy" people can only vote for expense fiddling thieving MPs who are in the hip pocket of big business and the finance sector.

Governbankment
A "Governbankment" is a Government that has no line between itself and banks. It diverts public money (our taxes) to private companies (banks). George Osborne's Help to Buy Bail Banks, will see our taxes go to bankers to cover their losses on mortgages that default. The UK's Governbankment will even pay bankers "reasonable repossession fees" on Help to Bail Bank mortgages that default.

The Funding for Lending Scheme (FLS) is stealing from savers to make them pay for crimes by bankers. Via lower interest on savings, all the bank fines for PPI, LIBOR, interest rates swaps, etc. are being paid by savers so that bankers can keep pocketing bonuses. 

"We need to make a really big change: from an economy built on debt to an economy built on savings" - David Camoron Jan 2009
"Printing money is the last resort of desperate governments when all other policies have failed" - George Osborne Jan 2009
- So what do Camoron & Osborne do? Print money and leave interest rates at 0.5% when inflation is over 5%

If it is asserted that civilization is a real advance in the condition of man -- and I think that it is, though only the wise improve their advantages -- it must be shown that it has produced better dwellings without making them more costly; and the cost of a thing is the amount of what I will call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run.
http://classiclit.ab...en-Part-2_4.htm

I want to tell you my secret now.... I see debt people

#2844 warpig

warpig

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:06 AM

My 6 year old son does this. He invests more effort in explaining why he can't do something than just doing it himself, he can't see the futility of it but I suppose he can be excused given his age.

Don't be so lazy. Engage in the debate by backing up your assertions with some data.

#2845 FaFa!

FaFa!

だいてほしいな

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

My 6 year old son does this. He invests more effort in explaining why he can't do something than just doing it himself, he can't see the futility of it but I suppose he can be excused given his age.

What is it with you gold bulls? First we have JohnLennon with his "gold bears have a small *****" schtick just before gold crashes another 10% or whatever, now you with one line responses and the "I don't need to supply data and if you ask for it, that means you are a primary school kid" tosh. Why do you all need to be so obnoxious?
お願いファーファね!

#2846 warpig

warpig

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

You've been informed what to search for and where to search for it and you then have the audacity to call me lazy and obnoxious, because I won't do your due diligence. Does that really seem logical to you?

What is it with you gold bulls? First we have JohnLennon with his "gold bears have a small *****" schtick just before gold crashes another 10% or whatever, now you with one line responses and the "I don't need to supply data and if you ask for it, that means you are a primary school kid" tosh. Why do you all need to be so obnoxious?

#2847 moneyscam

moneyscam

HPC Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

I'm not suggesting he might not be right about gold, I'm merely trying to connect his posts to some sort of holding in gold and not finding it easy. The General is/was another major gold bull but in the end declared he had held a mortgage free house, so not really practising as he preached.

If I see horse tipsters on TV the ones I listen to are the ones who I know put their own money on their selections. Not someone like the Daily Mirror gimp who admits he hardly bets and I suspect when he does his stake is quite low.

I have often wondered how much money exactly the goldbugs are committing to their view to judge how serious they actually are. Anyone honest enough to admit how much they have invested in gold on here? I'll go first, a big fat zero having sold my 5k of holdings last week.

#2848 Sine270

Sine270

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

I have often wondered how much money exactly the goldbugs are committing to their view to judge how serious they actually are. Anyone honest enough to admit how much they have invested in gold on here? I'll go first, a big fat zero having sold my 5k of holdings last week.

That would be interesting. I bet it's not those who hold the most that shout the loudest.

#2849 Democorruptcy

Democorruptcy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,786 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:49 PM

I don't own any gold or silver at the moment.

I bought allocated both end Dec/early Jan. 80% silver and 20% gold but sold everything apart from the profit in Feb before the Greek bailout was agreed so sold too early but I thought the downside risk might be higher than the upside. I sold the free ounces that represented the profits the day before silver fell 5%.

Democorruptcy
If you say "Democorruptcy" quickly, it sounds a bit like "Democracy". In a "Democracy" people vote for politicians who represent their interests. In the UK's "Democorruptcy" people can only vote for expense fiddling thieving MPs who are in the hip pocket of big business and the finance sector.

Governbankment
A "Governbankment" is a Government that has no line between itself and banks. It diverts public money (our taxes) to private companies (banks). George Osborne's Help to Buy Bail Banks, will see our taxes go to bankers to cover their losses on mortgages that default. The UK's Governbankment will even pay bankers "reasonable repossession fees" on Help to Bail Bank mortgages that default.

The Funding for Lending Scheme (FLS) is stealing from savers to make them pay for crimes by bankers. Via lower interest on savings, all the bank fines for PPI, LIBOR, interest rates swaps, etc. are being paid by savers so that bankers can keep pocketing bonuses. 

"We need to make a really big change: from an economy built on debt to an economy built on savings" - David Camoron Jan 2009
"Printing money is the last resort of desperate governments when all other policies have failed" - George Osborne Jan 2009
- So what do Camoron & Osborne do? Print money and leave interest rates at 0.5% when inflation is over 5%

If it is asserted that civilization is a real advance in the condition of man -- and I think that it is, though only the wise improve their advantages -- it must be shown that it has produced better dwellings without making them more costly; and the cost of a thing is the amount of what I will call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run.
http://classiclit.ab...en-Part-2_4.htm

I want to tell you my secret now.... I see debt people

#2850 roman holiday

roman holiday

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:24 AM

Gold bulls need to be distinguished from gold bugs. Both are bullish on gold, but the gold bug goes further than the bull tending towards a complete politico-economic world-view*, which no doubt most are familiar with.

As a gold bull, I'm bullish on gold because I want to be as liquid as possible in the stongest currencies. I don't see a problem with owning free-hold property, but it should primarily be thought of as a real asset as opposed to a financial one. I doubt whether gold bugs are against holding free-hold property either. I wouldn't 'leverage up' because I think there's a good chance currency will strengthen against assets/ property etc. But here the gold bug might differ, and decide it's a good bet to leverage up as the currency is expected to hyper-inflate shortly, and a few ounces of gold would then pay off the mortgage.

How much gold to own? I think it would differ for everyone. Most I think are happy to have the standard token insurance amount of 5% of their worth or so... just in case of Armageddon etc. The gold bug would want near 100% of their liquid worth in gold... but more often than not it is in silver, or gold miners. The gold bull is somewhere in between; he just views gold as an appreciating currency in a deflationary environment. He wants to be as liquid as possible and in the strongest currencies, so might look at putting anywhere up to 50% of his liquid worth in gold, and then keeping the remainder perhaps divided between the reserve currency [US dollar] and his native currency.

http://www.housepric...dpost&p=3288462

Edited by roman holiday, 22 March 2012 - 01:44 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users